Q&A..ICS Seraphim--First Flight--Troposhere!!!!!! The Collective

OP the2rrell

1st May 2012, 07:21 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 47

152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Obivous

Anyway to remove the new transitions from Troposphere?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, Flash this in CWM, and the "Vertigo" transitions will be removed. I honestly don't know why a toggle wasn't introduced or something in this build...
1st May 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #112  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 65

727 posts
More
This is directed to the exchange issues above.
This is a permission issue i am an exchange admin for the company i work for. you should remove and reinstate the account on your phone. then you need to activate it with the exchange server. if you dont do this all you can do is recieve the emails.

Also i just double checked and send receive works fine for me.

what version of exchange are you using at your company?
2nd May 2012, 01:44 AM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 155

544 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am trying to use a different alarm tone and when I go into select the alarm tone one of the option is "Go to My File", this APK was removed from the ROM. So is it possible to replace that option with something different? Maybe another file program?

Also is My Files not compatible with ICS? I do have it installed, it will not work. I have not yet rebooted since it was installed. com.sec.android.app.myfiles is the APK

Yes, I am aware I can use something like music player to select the sound and set it as the alarm tone.
Last edited by alperin1; 2nd May 2012 at 01:50 AM.
22nd May 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #114  
Flag Scranton, PA
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyjr

Quick question...

Getting into recovery mode... hold vol up AND down, while powering on? Cause I seem to remember trying it once, to see if it would work.. Got some green lettering (didn't read it at the time)... then I believe I just touched the home button, to bypass it... or try to bypass it. Now, I cannot get it to work.

The only thing I've done to my phone is root it, using one of the first roots available... (sorry, I forget the user... same guy who has the overclock root)

Now, I'd like to upgrade to this new ROM, and wonder if I can just upgrade it over the rooted kernal I have now....

I have tried looking around for the answer, and cannot find the exact answer.. So, I figure I'd ask, instead of just guessing...

Thanks
Joe_Breezy

Joe_Breezy,
You would need to do a factory data/reset before you installed this ROM. I wouldn't install it over your stock ROM. In fact, I never install over older ROMs even if they're the same version. It's usually safer that way.

To access your ClockworkMod, you need your phone to be ON. Then hold the vol up AND down and the power button. Once the screen goes off, let go of the power button but continue to hold the vol up/down. Eventually, your phone will kick into ClockworkMod. From here, you can access the .zip file of the newly installed ROM. Make sure you run a backup in ClockworkMod first, then run a factory data reset. Then install file from sd card, find your file, run it, reboot, and wala.
The Following User Says Thank You to kferguson84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #115  
Flag Commerce twp, Mi
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kferguson84

Joe_Breezy,
You would need to do a factory data/reset before you installed this ROM. I wouldn't install it over your stock ROM. In fact, I never install over older ROMs even if they're the same version. It's usually safer that way.

To access your ClockworkMod, you need your phone to be ON. Then hold the vol up AND down and the power button. Once the screen goes off, let go of the power button but continue to hold the vol up/down. Eventually, your phone will kick into ClockworkMod. From here, you can access the .zip file of the newly installed ROM. Make sure you run a backup in ClockworkMod first, then run a factory data reset. Then install file from sd card, find your file, run it, reboot, and wala.

Thanks... I actually flashed the touch recovery. Was able to get into recovery fine, and did all the other things you mention, ie. factory reset and such...

But, thank you for the response!
Joe_Breezy
30th May 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #116  
Flag jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 461

1,184 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrochem

I was wondering why the android system would be accessing so much while the screen is off and there is no data. The other apps aren't doing anything?
Any way to tell if its in the rom?
It looks like it does it roughly (almost exactly 1/3 of the time). Attached are stats from last night and again this morning.
I don't think its really hurting my battery life
While its asleep but wonder if it does something else while put into action.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

i also have this problem.... any fixes yet?
30th May 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #117  
Recognized Developer
Flag Tuscaloosa
Thanks Meter: 5,004

3,441 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBison420

i also have this problem.... any fixes yet?

Can't fix what's not broken.

i717 running Seraphim Stratosphere Collective ICS with tapatalk2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnsondr80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread