[Kernel][GB][OC/UV][HDMI-MHL] !NEW! Synthesis Kernels <2013-04-30>, plus Infusion-Z

Search This thread
yes. wiped all.
ill try to flash back the older kernel And see if there is a difference

Here is another option... (Entropy's 4.4.12 kernel) just to rule out anything in the Infusion group of kernels. Let me know how it goes.

http://minus.com/lrk8ha62W8PVo

Let me know which ROM you are running too - just in case it is not the kernel (and also so that I can attempt to duplicate the issue).

cmeyal

Nov 19, 2010
Here is another option... (Entropy's 4.4.12 kernel) just to rule out anything in the Infusion group of kernels. Let me know how it goes.

http://minus.com/lrk8ha62W8PVo

Let me know which ROM you are running too - just in case it is not the kernel (and also so that I can attempt to duplicate the issue).

i think that i found the problem.
its the CPU OC.
with 1200MHZ -no prob
1600- no fix :confused:

pics. same time, same place

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 204
  • shot_000005.jpg
    shot_000005.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 204
i think that i found the problem.
its the CPU OC.
with 1200MHZ -no prob
1600- no fix :confused:

pics. same time, same place

That's very interesting.. :) Does this happen with multiple GPS apps or just the one in your screenies? Does this happen with the B kernel too (1400 mhz max)?

What GPS app is that, btw? Might be if I can duplicate the issue I can come up with a fix for the no fix.. (would also need ROM info too) :)

cmeyal

Nov 19, 2010
That's very interesting.. :) Does this happen with multiple GPS apps or just the one in your screenies? Does this happen with the B kernel too (1400 mhz max)?

What GPS app is that, btw? Might be if I can duplicate the issue I can come up with a fix for the no fix.. (would also need ROM info too) :)

The name of the app is GPS STATUS.
Have not tried KERNELB but perhaps this is related to application of the OC. I use VOLTAGE CONTROL

I tested it on two different Roms. GALAXIAN and Legend ICS Edition RC1
and it happend with Navigation applications like waze and igo

You guys are too kind....:D

Because I'm all about the data, I took both my Infuses for a test drive this morning. This includes my primary phone, currently running a debloated and lightly tweaked deodexed UCLB3 (started as dman's base config found on ISET, see link in my sig, for those playing along at home) :) The other phone is my test phone, no service plan - no data or voice, and a somewhat finicky/hard to get a lock GPS radio. Test phone is running a beta version of Vagabond. Both are running the current Zen-A16 kernel.

I used FasterFix to set my region to North America, where I'm located. I turned off all localization services except for GPS. I tested both phones with GPS Test by Chartcross - a nice app that tells you which satellites your phone sees and associated signal strength. I did have some difficulties getting an initial lock on both phones (I intentionally turned on the radios while indoors to get a worst cast scenario) but after that had no problems on my primary phone with a variety of GPS enabled apps while turning GPS radio on and off, rebooting phone, reflashing the kernel, driving in all directions. Test phone continued to report location coordinates that matched what the other phone was seeing (and the third hand held GPS I had in the car as a "control" for the test).

As a next step, I'll try Legend ICS since @cmeyal reported the problem while running that rom (and also because ICS is the closest thing to Tick blue in the current palette of Infuse rom themes :D)... I will not be testing Galaxian as that is a port and I won't be changing the kernel to work with lib files, etc from other phones.

In general, this kernel is intended for UCLB3 and UCKL2 based ROMs. If you attempt using it on any other ROM it may work, or it may not, or something in between. (That includes ROMs with blended lib files that are only partially UCLB3 or UCKL2). I'll also note that the kernel is based on the Roger's (Canada) source code released last summer. That said, even if there are localization settings in the kernel source I can't see how that would affect a GPS radio (kinda defeats the whole "global" aspect of the system...:)).

Stay tuned....;)

Edit: Just finished field testing for the day with Legend ICS (nice ROM, btw) ---> Had a (GPS) lock before I was halfway down the block. @cmeyal - I can't reproduce the problem you reported. It may be that you'll need to set your max CPU lower when using GPS (not a bad idea in general as you may want to save battery). If you want to test further, I'd suggest starting with a complete wipe, then flash stock UCLB3 and Entropy's kernel (see ISET link in my sig for these). If the problem happens there, you could try the stock kernel (available in dman's UCLB3 link), but you will lose red recovery. Since it was working for you on my kernel at 1200, you could try flashing that on top of UCLB3 and see if it still misbehaves at 1600. If the problem reoccurs, you're back to the first option - step down your max CPU setting...

Last edited:

cmeyal

Nov 19, 2010
Thanks for the test ZEN
Like I said, it's not a problem of your KERNEK
Apparently the problem is the speed / voltage too high for the GPS

The solution is as you said, when I use GPS I reduces the processor speed to 1200
I still have to try the BKERNEL 1400 MHz may be okay to GPS

Anyway thanks for the kernel is working fine and very stable

Incidentally, the battery holds me about 12 hours or more even though I talk a lot and uses the phone to receive mail and appointments etc.

cmeyal

Nov 19, 2010
OK

found the guilty
Its The OVERCLOCK application
I installed the SETCPU application Instead Voltage control and everything works fine now

I get a FIX up to 10 satellites and see 12-13
All within 20-30 seconds.

so i can stay with kernel A and 1600 MHZ

thanks zen :)

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Oh crap, back to the confuse 4g, just to stay more confused than before :mad: :D

Im sure it been asked. But, coming from entropy 4.4.2012 kernel on a stock uclb3, which kernel should I choose? A? B? A+v.library? B+v.library?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Kernel][GB][OC/UV][HDMI-MHL] !NEW! Synthesis Kernels <2013-04-30>, plus Infusion-Z

Please post only bugs and testing results on this thread. For general questions and answers visit ---> Infusion-Z and Zen kernel Q&A

*** Synthesis: The only GB kernel you need for your Infuse ***

New features

This set of kernels is a combination of the stock UCLB3 kernel, with all mods from the Infusion-Z kernel (see below), some mods from Entropy's DD, and more. New features include:

- Fix for the wifi drain bug (aka bt-amp bug). In the event that this bug occurs, the kernel triggers a reset of the wifi interface, which stops the bug and saves battery.

- Wifi roaming code from the international SGS2 (roam_api) replacing the stock bcmccx logic. Reduces the incidence of the wifi drain bug. This config is less agressive in seeking out new access points, so you may need to open the wifi config screen in settings to speed up the connection process.

- External SD card (/sdcard/external_sd) is now available in CWM recovery and can be used as a source to flash CWM zip packages

- Entropy512's fast charging hack is included (thanks!)

- SIO and BFQ I/O schedulers added from Entropy's DD (thanks!)

- Voodoo lagfix lady 2.0 :good::good:

- Kernels are attached to this post (CWM flashables) including stock CPU frequencies - 1.2Ghz - and two OC options - 1.4Ghz and 1.6Ghz. If you prefer to flash them using SGS Kernel Flasher, you can download a bundle containing all three >>here<<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Overclocking and Undervolt support - thanks to bedwa's prior work

- CoreA cpu speeds - 1600, 1200, 800, 400, 200, 100

- CoreB cpu speeds - 1400, 1000, 800, 400, 200, 100

- Voodoo sound driver, voodoo lagfix - courtesy of project voodoo

+ [cifs support] see post #29 for info on how to use cifs

+ [Removed auto-install of superuser] you can get the current su cwm flashable here: http://androidsu.com/superuser/

+ [HDMI/MHL support] using mhl adapter you can play video on most TVs and monitors with a HDMI port

+ [Video support] newer roms no longer need video reverts to allow video to record or playback

+ [External sdcard fix] corrected issue which prevented external sdcard access in some cases

+ [cfq i/o scheduler tweaks] added optimization tweaks for cfq scheduler

+ [Boot animation fix - partial] this is a work in progress - see notes below

NOTES:

Intended for use *ONLY* with stock-based GB ROMs. For CM7, CM9, and CM10 check project OPs for proper setups.

OC/UV requires use of an app like Voltage Control, CPU master, or SetCPU. Read up before jumping in - you can lock or damage your phone with incorrect settings. Remember to save your boot settings in Voltage Control menu to ensure your settings stick.

To get boot animations to show correctly: In /system/media copy sanim.zip to bootanimation.zip. I plan to automate this in a future release.
    For tips on overclocking and related performance and battery tweaks see the q&a thread.

Important! - Video restore and revert packages are intended only for users of current ROMs with stock library files who have previously applied a revert package to get video to work. If you haven't done this, or are unsure, flash only the kernel package of your choice.

Links to install packages for the first release can be found on post #3.

Source code is available on my github (see signature).

Be safe and always make a backup before flashing!
    Standard Disclaimer: All packaged builds are provided with no guarantees as to their safety. By flashing, you assume any and all potential risks that running a custom kernel might entail.

Recommendations: Wipe cache and dalvik-cache when flashing a new kernel. Disable any oc/uv settings from phone before flashing a new kernel.

Overclockers/Undervolters: If your phone is unstable when running at a particular overclock speed, choose a lower max cpu speed - not all phones have the same ability to handle oc speeds. When undervolting, do your research first and make small changes.

Big thanks to those who helped test this and prior kernels: qkster, mikig_mkd, boogman7, scott.hart.bti, aeonit, mikig_mkd, nwinfuse, texcowboy, tankmorph, prairied0gg, madman_sle, cmeyal, atk, and jdt352
    Thanks to bedwa, entropy512, linuxbozo, and netarchy who laid the foundation (and built the house) - especially bedwa and entropy for helping me out along the way. Visit their threads and say thanks:
    infusion kernel development by bedwa --> infusion kernels

daily driver kernel development by entropy512 --> entropy daily driver

:) Remember the multicians - http://www.multicians.org/ (if you know, you know.. If you don't, you should) :)
    .•...•.•.••.••.•.••....•.••.•••..••...••.••.•..•.• ••.....••....•.•••.•...••..•.•..•......••••..•.••. ••••.•••.•.•.•••..•..•••..••.••..•.•.••.••...••..• •...•......••..••..•••..•..••.••••.••.••.•..•..... .••.••.•.••..•.•.••.•••..•••.•...••....•.••.••.... •......•••..••.••.••...••....•.•••.••..••..•.•.••• ..•..••••..•..•.••....•......••.•••..••.••••.••.•• •..••..•.•..•......••...•..•••.•.•.•••.•....•..... .••.••••.•••.•.•.•••..•..•••..••.••..•.•.••.••...• ••.••..••..•.•.•••..••..•......••...••.••....•.••. •••...•......••..••..•••..•..••..•.•.••..•.•..•... ...••.••••.•••.•.•.•••..•...•......••.••.•.••.•..• .••.•••..••..•..​
    Change, Issue, and Enhancement Logs

Change log
    2013.04.30 - UCLB3+Infusion+DD, Fix wifi battery drain bug, Change wifi roaming code to sgs2 roam_api, Add support for /sdcard/external_sd from CWM recovery, Add Entropy's fast charging hack, Add BFQ and SIO schedulers from Entropy's DD, Upgrade voodoo lagfix voices.
    2012.05.20 - Add HDMI/MHL support (for external video playback), add video support for current ROM firmware (UCLB3/UCKL2 - No more need for Video Fix!), add correct vold.fstab definitions for currrent firmware (mounts external sdcard correctly), initial bootanimation fix (not 100% - need to copy "sanim.zip" to "bootanimation.zip" in /system/media in some cases), add CFQ I/O scheduler tweaks (better performance)

2012.05.05 - Add cifs support, remove auto install of Superuser, change initramfs compression to lzma, add video lib mod option packages for vidcam rec/play
    Known Issue log
    - Flashlight function disabled in quick panel after use of video record or playback (restored by taking a flash photo, turning on flash using "Tiny Flashlight" app, or reboot)
    - Some reports of random screen color change after disconnecting charger (restored by lock/unlock or reboot aka "faerie snot") [Fixed with the UCLB3 base - 4/30/13]
    - Some reports of racing CPU on ROMs with tweaks [Racing CPU issues appear to be caused by modifying "ro.ril.xxxxx" cellular radio settings in build.prop. To fix, remove those tweaks (referencing a standard UCLB3 build.prop), or flash a near stock rom like r.e.v.e.n.a.n.t :) ]
    Planned enhancements
    - Improve auto-detect of boot animation files?
    - Add support for BLN Lights?
    •.•.••..•.•.•••••.••....•.••....•.••...•••.••••.
    Information and Prior Release Mirrors

.••...•..••..•.•.•••.•••.••....•.•••..•..••..•.•..•......•••.•...••.•....•••..•..••....•.••.•.••.••.•.••.••.••••.•••..•..••••.•..••.••••.••..•••..•....•
    Thanks guys!

The best recognition is what comes from working with you and the rest of the Infuse community. This is a great place to be a part of.

BTW - look for something new from me this weekend. A new way of doing many of the things we do everyday with our phones... :)
    You'll notice two things:

(zen@xanadu) - this is my ID on my build machine
    Infusion-GB-Z-CoreA - the "Z" here is another indicator

Another update will be coming soon - fixes video (now compatible with UCKL2 and UCLB3 libraries), and enables MHL/HDMI out. Also addresses a few other issues: will now display both common boot animation file formats and fixes external SD card access (the vold issue). It's been testing well ... I hope to have it generally available in a couple days.