Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,472 Members 50,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Titan II -Shows 4G, but no data?

Tip us?

foxbat121
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Or you can save $200 and buy the original Titan (for free) which uses only wap.cingular (I have one thanks for MS and know it uses that APN only). Since you are not going to need the LTE, what's the point of Titan II?

krillin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbat121 View Post
Or you can save $200 and buy the original Titan (for free) which uses only wap.cingular (I have one thanks for MS and know it uses that APN only). Since you are not going to need the LTE, what's the point of Titan II?
Cuz it's sooo much cooler!! JK!
I already own the Titan II, which was given to me so I couldn't swap it out for the original Titan even if I wanted to.
Besides, I have read that the Titan 1 had little quirks like reception issues. The T2 has a 16MP camera!

sumeet909
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by krillin View Post
Cuz it's sooo much cooler!! JK!
I already own the Titan II, which was given to me so I couldn't swap it out for the original Titan even if I wanted to.
Besides, I have read that the Titan 1 had little quirks like reception issues. The T2 has a 16MP camera!
I got Titan 2 for free under the same program

I want to sell it, currently on craigslist for $390 (including case and 2 yr warranty).

Let me know if anyone wants to buy it...DC area.

tamiktamik
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You need to upgrade to the LTE plan bro. Go to your nearest phone service provider and ask them for it till they do it, I had the same problem and AT&T fixed it when I was at their store. No big deal brah.

shawnl01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Service Drops

Is anyone seeing the data service just drop after some time. I spent most of my time on WiFi but find that the Cellular service is actually dead after a few days. Disabling it in the settings and turning it back on doesn't help. Rebooting the phone brings up the data connection just fine. If I turn the wifi off and just use the data then it doesn't do this; but I can't afford to not use the wifi. Based on the usage reports, it tends to go dead in about a day as AT&T records no usage.

This is also affecting my voicemail notifications as it doesn't tell me I have voice mail if it can't get a data connection.

maverickmt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnl01 View Post
Is anyone seeing the data service just drop after some time. I spent most of my time on WiFi but find that the Cellular service is actually dead after a few days. Disabling it in the settings and turning it back on doesn't help. Rebooting the phone brings up the data connection just fine. If I turn the wifi off and just use the data then it doesn't do this; but I can't afford to not use the wifi. Based on the usage reports, it tends to go dead in about a day as AT&T records no usage.

This is also affecting my voicemail notifications as it doesn't tell me I have voice mail if it can't get a data connection.
yes... Exact same problem, 2 titan 2's 2 different lte sim card enterprise 5gb lte plan... Have you had any luck finding a solution?

shawnl01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default might be at&t

I've not found a solution but I spent a week in Toronto roaming on Bell. I never had the problem while there so I think the issue may be at&t or the titan on at&t

I also found toggling flight mode works instead of rebooting.

maverickmt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnl01 View Post
I've not found a solution but I spent a week in Toronto roaming on Bell. I never had the problem while there so I think the issue may be at&t or the titan on at&t

I also found toggling flight mode works instead of rebooting.
i agree... i tried changing my plan today - still no luck (enterprise to personal) Pretty rediculous. I think its an issue with the apn - but no way to check...

shawnl01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Anyone escalate

Has anyone brought this up with HTC / AT&T to get their response?

I've tried to contact AT&T about another issue and they can't seem to get past the fact that I have a phone that they didn't sell to me. Taking it to a store pretty much got the same result that they didn't want to go too far because there was no contract tied to the phone. I bought a case from them just so they'd get the data working at all as I needed account changes and a new SIM card. It was given to me new by Microsoft in a box and they didn't seem to like the lost sales chance.

HTC is a joke, what's the point of registering for their forum if it won't let me even post a question. I'm trying to send them an email but they will likely bounce me to AT&T. Makes me wonder if it's not AT&T since it worked on Bell so much better.