[Kernel][GB][OC/UV][HDMI-MHL] !NEW! Synthesis Kernels <2013-04-30>, plus Infusion-Z

Search This thread

elliot.newnham

Mar 21, 2011
Atlanta
Oh crap, back to the confuse 4g, just to stay more confused than before :mad: :D

Im sure it been asked. But, coming from entropy 4.4.2012 kernel on a stock uclb3, which kernel should I choose? A? B? A+v.library? B+v.library?

There's an Infusion-Zen kernel Q&A forum for these questions ;)

but anyways... get the 2012.05.20-CWM-Infusion-GB-Zen-CoreA-16.zip attachment. If you fine it unstable the CoreB-14 if you'd like.

My GPU works best with the kernel 2012.05.05,,, with the last update the games are slow, for that be?
There were some tweaks to the I/O scheduler in the last release. You can check to see if that is affecting your phone by changing scheduler to noop or deadline. No changes to CPU or GPU config.

Can you give me an example of a game that is affected? I'll try to duplicate.

In your CPU manager app, check to make sure you have the max CPU setting established. Have you installed any tweaks? Can you run antutu benchmark and send a screen shot of the detailed results?

raymond26170

Jan 28, 2012
uploadfromtaptalk1338743264962.jpg
Sent from my Emancipated Infuse on Zen A kernel using xda premium

threi_

Dec 18, 2011
Alliston
Anyone who isn't overclocking?

My max is 3200, which is more than any other rom (which ranges from 2500-3000)

I keep all my clocks and voltages stock.

raymond26170

Jan 28, 2012
@raymond - NICE! :D

Care to share your setup? ROM, CPU setup, tweaks, build.prop settings?

:)

ROM is Emancipation A1. Your latest kernel at 1600. Using profile in setCpu to run with benchmarking app at 1600OC/-75UV. No other tweaks aside from lagfix enabled. I/O is noob; Governor is performance.

Sent from my Emancipated Infuse with Zen A kernel using XDA premium.

Last edited:

threi_

Dec 18, 2011
Alliston
For those of us that don't touch anything regarding OC (have zero interest in it personally) what is the stock governor? ondemand or conservative?

For those of us that don't touch anything regarding OC (have zero interest in it personally) what is the stock governor? ondemand or conservative?

Default governor on the Infusion kernels (and most others) is ondemand. With Entropy's kernel, conservative is the default. You can change this using any of the common cpu managers (SetCPU, CPU Master, Voltage Control, etc)...

Conservative and ondemand are similar, the main difference being that ondemand goes immediately to max freq on load whereas conservative transitions gradually between frequencies on load changes. You can read more about governors, schedulers and more on this very good thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

Eman-A1, 1600, ondemand, cfq

This is the closest I've come to the score I got on the older, higher scoring version of AnTuTu.

Note that Emancipation runs the Andrenaline tweaks by default which helps a bit.

The biggest improvements to performance come from the OC and from the main partitions being formatted as ext4.

Attachments

• antutu1.jpg
    antutu1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 129
  • antutu2.jpg
    antutu2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 128

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Kernel][GB][OC/UV][HDMI-MHL] !NEW! Synthesis Kernels <2013-04-30>, plus Infusion-Z

Please post only bugs and testing results on this thread. For general questions and answers visit ---> Infusion-Z and Zen kernel Q&A

*** Synthesis: The only GB kernel you need for your Infuse ***

New features

This set of kernels is a combination of the stock UCLB3 kernel, with all mods from the Infusion-Z kernel (see below), some mods from Entropy's DD, and more. New features include:

- Fix for the wifi drain bug (aka bt-amp bug). In the event that this bug occurs, the kernel triggers a reset of the wifi interface, which stops the bug and saves battery.

- Wifi roaming code from the international SGS2 (roam_api) replacing the stock bcmccx logic. Reduces the incidence of the wifi drain bug. This config is less agressive in seeking out new access points, so you may need to open the wifi config screen in settings to speed up the connection process.

- External SD card (/sdcard/external_sd) is now available in CWM recovery and can be used as a source to flash CWM zip packages

- Entropy512's fast charging hack is included (thanks!)

- SIO and BFQ I/O schedulers added from Entropy's DD (thanks!)

- Voodoo lagfix lady 2.0 :good::good:

- Kernels are attached to this post (CWM flashables) including stock CPU frequencies - 1.2Ghz - and two OC options - 1.4Ghz and 1.6Ghz. If you prefer to flash them using SGS Kernel Flasher, you can download a bundle containing all three >>here<<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Overclocking and Undervolt support - thanks to bedwa's prior work

- CoreA cpu speeds - 1600, 1200, 800, 400, 200, 100

- CoreB cpu speeds - 1400, 1000, 800, 400, 200, 100

- Voodoo sound driver, voodoo lagfix - courtesy of project voodoo

+ [cifs support] see post #29 for info on how to use cifs

+ [Removed auto-install of superuser] you can get the current su cwm flashable here: http://androidsu.com/superuser/

+ [HDMI/MHL support] using mhl adapter you can play video on most TVs and monitors with a HDMI port

+ [Video support] newer roms no longer need video reverts to allow video to record or playback

+ [External sdcard fix] corrected issue which prevented external sdcard access in some cases

+ [cfq i/o scheduler tweaks] added optimization tweaks for cfq scheduler

+ [Boot animation fix - partial] this is a work in progress - see notes below

NOTES:

Intended for use *ONLY* with stock-based GB ROMs. For CM7, CM9, and CM10 check project OPs for proper setups.

OC/UV requires use of an app like Voltage Control, CPU master, or SetCPU. Read up before jumping in - you can lock or damage your phone with incorrect settings. Remember to save your boot settings in Voltage Control menu to ensure your settings stick.

To get boot animations to show correctly: In /system/media copy sanim.zip to bootanimation.zip. I plan to automate this in a future release.
    For tips on overclocking and related performance and battery tweaks see the q&a thread.

Important! - Video restore and revert packages are intended only for users of current ROMs with stock library files who have previously applied a revert package to get video to work. If you haven't done this, or are unsure, flash only the kernel package of your choice.

Links to install packages for the first release can be found on post #3.

Source code is available on my github (see signature).

Be safe and always make a backup before flashing!
    Standard Disclaimer: All packaged builds are provided with no guarantees as to their safety. By flashing, you assume any and all potential risks that running a custom kernel might entail.

Recommendations: Wipe cache and dalvik-cache when flashing a new kernel. Disable any oc/uv settings from phone before flashing a new kernel.

Overclockers/Undervolters: If your phone is unstable when running at a particular overclock speed, choose a lower max cpu speed - not all phones have the same ability to handle oc speeds. When undervolting, do your research first and make small changes.

Big thanks to those who helped test this and prior kernels: qkster, mikig_mkd, boogman7, scott.hart.bti, aeonit, mikig_mkd, nwinfuse, texcowboy, tankmorph, prairied0gg, madman_sle, cmeyal, atk, and jdt352
    Thanks to bedwa, entropy512, linuxbozo, and netarchy who laid the foundation (and built the house) - especially bedwa and entropy for helping me out along the way. Visit their threads and say thanks:
    infusion kernel development by bedwa --> infusion kernels

daily driver kernel development by entropy512 --> entropy daily driver

:) Remember the multicians - http://www.multicians.org/ (if you know, you know.. If you don't, you should) :)
    .•...•.•.••.••.•.••....•.••.•••..••...••.••.•..•.• ••.....••....•.•••.•...••..•.•..•......••••..•.••. ••••.•••.•.•.•••..•..•••..••.••..•.•.••.••...••..• •...•......••..••..•••..•..••.••••.••.••.•..•..... .••.••.•.••..•.•.••.•••..•••.•...••....•.••.••.... •......•••..••.••.••...••....•.•••.••..••..•.•.••• ..•..••••..•..•.••....•......••.•••..••.••••.••.•• •..••..•.•..•......••...•..•••.•.•.•••.•....•..... .••.••••.•••.•.•.•••..•..•••..••.••..•.•.••.••...• ••.••..••..•.•.•••..••..•......••...••.••....•.••. •••...•......••..••..•••..•..••..•.•.••..•.•..•... ...••.••••.•••.•.•.•••..•...•......••.••.•.••.•..• .••.•••..••..•..​
    Change, Issue, and Enhancement Logs

Change log
    2013.04.30 - UCLB3+Infusion+DD, Fix wifi battery drain bug, Change wifi roaming code to sgs2 roam_api, Add support for /sdcard/external_sd from CWM recovery, Add Entropy's fast charging hack, Add BFQ and SIO schedulers from Entropy's DD, Upgrade voodoo lagfix voices.
    2012.05.20 - Add HDMI/MHL support (for external video playback), add video support for current ROM firmware (UCLB3/UCKL2 - No more need for Video Fix!), add correct vold.fstab definitions for currrent firmware (mounts external sdcard correctly), initial bootanimation fix (not 100% - need to copy "sanim.zip" to "bootanimation.zip" in /system/media in some cases), add CFQ I/O scheduler tweaks (better performance)

2012.05.05 - Add cifs support, remove auto install of Superuser, change initramfs compression to lzma, add video lib mod option packages for vidcam rec/play
    Known Issue log
    - Flashlight function disabled in quick panel after use of video record or playback (restored by taking a flash photo, turning on flash using "Tiny Flashlight" app, or reboot)
    - Some reports of random screen color change after disconnecting charger (restored by lock/unlock or reboot aka "faerie snot") [Fixed with the UCLB3 base - 4/30/13]
    - Some reports of racing CPU on ROMs with tweaks [Racing CPU issues appear to be caused by modifying "ro.ril.xxxxx" cellular radio settings in build.prop. To fix, remove those tweaks (referencing a standard UCLB3 build.prop), or flash a near stock rom like r.e.v.e.n.a.n.t :) ]
    Planned enhancements
    - Improve auto-detect of boot animation files?
    - Add support for BLN Lights?
    •.•.••..•.•.•••••.••....•.••....•.••...•••.••••.
    Information and Prior Release Mirrors

.••...•..••..•.•.•••.•••.••....•.•••..•..••..•.•..•......•••.•...••.•....•••..•..••....•.••.•.••.••.•.••.••.••••.•••..•..••••.•..••.••••.••..•••..•....•
    Thanks guys!

The best recognition is what comes from working with you and the rest of the Infuse community. This is a great place to be a part of.

BTW - look for something new from me this weekend. A new way of doing many of the things we do everyday with our phones... :)
    You'll notice two things:

(zen@xanadu) - this is my ID on my build machine
    Infusion-GB-Z-CoreA - the "Z" here is another indicator

Another update will be coming soon - fixes video (now compatible with UCKL2 and UCLB3 libraries), and enables MHL/HDMI out. Also addresses a few other issues: will now display both common boot animation file formats and fixes external SD card access (the vold issue). It's been testing well ... I hope to have it generally available in a couple days.