Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Bricked Galaxy TAB 8.9 (GT-7300) - $20 reward for working solution

OP snubbel

30th May 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,170
 
1,483 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snubbel

When I flash a complete ROM with Odin (e.g. the Swedish ROM you suggested) - is there anything left to flash that could be causing this? If I were to return the tablet to the dealer, will there be any evidence of dumb-user-flashing?

I honestly do not know.
30th May 2012, 12:09 AM   |  #12  
nirogu325's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 732
 
1,820 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Have you tried flashing the PIT file (in the PIT section) along with the ODIN image (in the PDA section)? You can download the PIT file so you can click on Repartition, right here. It's a very small file. Be sure you have F.Reset Time checkmarked too. Best of lucks.
31st May 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 176
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
If you flash a bootloader for P7310 so when you trying to flash P7300 ROM with odin, the bootloader will mapping all file just like P7310 with their partition Layout.. I think the pit file is not the solution..
First you need turn back the bootloader to original form.. I dont know where I can find P7300 bootloader..
After you finish with the bootloader, try to install P7300 Stock rom, with pit file and repartition..
I dont know if this post will help you.. but it worth to try..

EDIT:
maybe you can use firmware from P7300ZSKH5 from this link
This file include with bootloader and pit file..
Flash with Odin like image below


Sorry for my english..
Last edited by suwandiapr; 31st May 2012 at 12:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to suwandiapr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirogu325

Have you tried flashing the PIT file (in the PIT section) along with the ODIN image (in the PDA section)? You can download the PIT file so you can click on Repartition, right here. It's a very small file. Be sure you have F.Reset Time checkmarked too. Best of lucks.

Re-partitioning with the PIT file along with the ROM did not help :/
2nd June 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suwandiapr

If you flash a bootloader for P7310 so when you trying to flash P7300 ROM with odin, the bootloader will mapping all file just like P7310 with their partition Layout.. I think the pit file is not the solution..
First you need turn back the bootloader to original form.. I dont know where I can find P7300 bootloader..
After you finish with the bootloader, try to install P7300 Stock rom, with pit file and repartition..
I dont know if this post will help you.. but it worth to try..

EDIT:
maybe you can use firmware from P7300ZSKH5 from this link
This file include with bootloader and pit file..
Flash with Odin like image below
Sorry for my english..

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately: no luck.

Just to be sure this isn't a compatibility issue on my computer, I set up a clean install Win7. I'm using x64, could this be an issue?
2nd June 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #16  
nirogu325's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 732
 
1,820 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snubbel

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately: no luck.

Just to be sure this isn't a compatibility issue on my computer, I set up a clean install Win7. I'm using x64, could this be an issue?

As long as you have the right drivers installed, no. That's my setup.
4th June 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
I had a similar issue. It occured only when I turned display off and on, both in android and in battery charging mode while powered off. I just went back to the store and got it replaced. xD
Anyway the flickering began to show up after flashing 3.2 back from a 4.0 rom... So I think there was something wrong with the bootloader.. Didnt find any tar file containing the original bootloader.. Perhaps someone here can make it for you
26th June 2012, 01:10 AM   |  #18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Unhappy
hey,

i got same problem after i tried to install cm9. now i cant install nothing (i formated cash, data, system and preload) no data factory reset working. i have nonstop bootloops and format cache and dalvik not working but cwm ist starting but not working really. but can start download mode too ... so i think its not a super-brick for my gt 7300 from switzerland.

so, i will try to download from samMobile the original firmware and to flash with odin. anybody knows a tutorial with odin for gt 7300? cant find nothing for pit, csc, tar ...


please help me

thx sophie from switzerland
2nd July 2012, 03:33 PM   |  #19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suwandiapr

If you flash a bootloader for P7310 so when you trying to flash P7300 ROM with odin, the bootloader will mapping all file just like P7310 with their partition Layout.. I think the pit file is not the solution..
First you need turn back the bootloader to original form.. I dont know where I can find P7300 bootloader..
After you finish with the bootloader, try to install P7300 Stock rom, with pit file and repartition..
I dont know if this post will help you.. but it worth to try..

EDIT:
maybe you can use firmware from P7300ZSKH5 from this link
This file include with bootloader and pit file..
Flash with Odin like image below


Sorry for my english..

I have to say, I was about to send the tablet to samsung, it was dead, no rom, no boot, no partition, no USB connection to store, what save me was the Odin up load that you recommended me, the tablet was really crashed.

I Think that is a sollution for actually almost any problem on the tablet (a complete format, sure, but still a good solution for ROM problems).

anyway, Many Thanks!!!!!!
30th April 2013, 09:57 AM   |  #20  
kulanavhiea's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
Newbie try to help.
Have you try to install another CMW version using odin? Maybe it's caused by wrong CMW version. Try CMW v5.5.0.4 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1312218

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
8.9, brick
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes