5,605,250 Members 38,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How much do you think window 8 tablets will cost?

Tip us?

dazza9075
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 435

DONATE TO ME
that's just it, if MS and Intel who are both sitting on an enormous amount of spare cash could subsidise the cost of a 1st gen cheap x86 part, sub 400, it would blow the socks of anything else out there.

Produce the cheapest ARM solution that shows of Win 8, say around the 200-300 mark, then subsidise an adequate 300-400 x86 part, people will always upgrade if there are options, but its not about that, MS and Intel should try and saturate the lower end of the market whilst providing for the top end as well.

It "could" work very well, but only if they can get cheapish x86 parts or have very good sub 400 ARM parts

sky2k4@CHN
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I heard for Mobile version of win8/ARM if any. Should be half the cost of the full fledge win8 versions on the tablets.

DiKei
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I think it will cost near ~600 dollars. Why ? It's not high-end computer, and it don't have powerfull motherboard same as in PC.

Dri94
Old
Thanks Meter 544

DONATE TO ME
I think intel will try to release some new chips for windows 8 to compete with iPad. They did say they want in the mobile business. It wouldnt be smart not to have an AX competitor chip.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2