Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

UX Design in Apps and ROMs w/ Kevin Bruckert – BABBQ2014

This year’s Big Android BBQ has come and gone. While the whole event was … more

Bring Material Design Goodness to Your App with Support Library

At Google I/O 2014, the next iteration of Android was announced and … more

How much do you think window 8 tablets will cost?

OP Fasty12

28th May 2012, 07:10 AM   |  #31  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 446

2,786 posts
Donate to Me
More
that's just it, if MS and Intel who are both sitting on an enormous amount of spare cash could subsidise the cost of a 1st gen cheap x86 part, sub 400, it would blow the socks of anything else out there.

Produce the cheapest ARM solution that shows of Win 8, say around the 200-300 mark, then subsidise an adequate 300-400 x86 part, people will always upgrade if there are options, but its not about that, MS and Intel should try and saturate the lower end of the market whilst providing for the top end as well.

It "could" work very well, but only if they can get cheapish x86 parts or have very good sub 400 ARM parts
30th May 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #32  
Flag ChaoZhou GuangDong
Thanks Meter: 40

36 posts
More
I heard for Mobile version of win8/ARM if any. Should be half the cost of the full fledge win8 versions on the tablets.
31st May 2012, 02:54 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 15

71 posts
I think it will cost near ~600 dollars. Why ? It's not high-end computer, and it don't have powerfull motherboard same as in PC.
31st May 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #34  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 570

1,770 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think intel will try to release some new chips for windows 8 to compete with iPad. They did say they want in the mobile business. It wouldnt be smart not to have an AX competitor chip.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread