Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Increase internal memory by using ungaze data2sd method

Tip us?
 
nqkoidrug
Old
#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 240
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Shumen
Default Works

I confirm that it works with IceCreamTosti v1.0 and 1.1a, thanks, nice work
 
zenida
Old
#32  
zenida's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 162
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cetraro

 
DONATE TO ME
What's the difference between this one and a2sd?

I can figure out that it's better because it is like a unique memory while a2sd are 2 different storage and you will stop to install apps when one of them will run out first. Is it right?

Inviato dal mio HTC HD2
 
Anurag pandey
Old
#33  
Anurag pandey's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,262
Posts: 893
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenida View Post
What's the difference between this one and a2sd?

I can figure out that it's better because it is like a unique memory while a2sd are 2 different storage and you will stop to install apps when one of them will run out first. Is it right?

Inviato dal mio HTC HD2
This one accepts ur sd-ext as internal memory

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
Having low internal memory problems? try THIS

Try Google Hindi Input

My Work:



 
zenida
Old
#34  
zenida's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 162
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cetraro

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag pandey View Post
This one accepts ur sd-ext as internal memory

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
Can I have a bug list?
It is working on gingerbread?

Inviato dal mio HTC HD2
 
hengsheng120
Old
(Last edited by hengsheng120; 29th May 2012 at 05:07 AM.)
#35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 298
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenida View Post
What's the difference between this one and a2sd?

I can figure out that it's better because it is like a unique memory while a2sd are 2 different storage and you will stop to install apps when one of them will run out first. Is it right?

Inviato dal mio HTC HD2
Data2sd(ext) is when you move and link your cache and app settings to your ext partition of the sdcard, which may give a performance boost an faster access times depending on your sdcard, but could result in more battery usage.

App2sd may mean two things, one is using the android feature of moving a limited amount of apps to a folder on a sdcard (thus freeing up the internal storage) via the app info screen in android, the other (a2sd/a2sdext) means linking your internal storage to your ext partition and moving your internal stored apps to that partition. This means that you can only install apps on the ext partition of your sd card and that apps cant access your real internal storage anymore unless you reverse the process. App performance may degrade when direct run from a slow sd card.

A solution to not being able to use the internal storage may be a large system partition (445mb+) so that you can push your necessary apps to the system partition and thus utilising more internal storage.

Link2sd allow you to select which apps are moved and linked to the SD card, allowing to use your ext partition and internal storage at the same time, but this makes backup and restore of your apps difficult and may cause problems if used along with android apps2sd.
Current Phone:
HTC First

Others:
SGH-I9100G

HTC HD2 TMOUS
BlackLK 1.5.0.4-build-130412@kotokas
AOKP M5 ICS se+Dorimanx v6.9 HWA
cLK Dual Boot: Hyperdroid 6.0.1 SuperRAM
 
History: HD2 EU- Artemis WM6.5/AmericanAndroid SD> Typhoon CM7(MAGLDR)> Nexus HD2> Frankenstein Droid Lite 1.2~3(CLK)> CYMLXGO DHD> Typhoon CM7> Dorimanx 2.8~3.1> Exchanged | TMOUK - Dorimanx 3.1.2> Pdaimatejam/AmericanAndroid SD>MyMIUIv10+Dorimanx v6.3




The Following User Says Thank You to hengsheng120 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zenida
Old
#36  
zenida's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 162
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cetraro

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hengsheng120 View Post
Data2sd(ext) is when you move and link your cache and app settings to your ext partition of the sdcard, which may give a performance boost an faster access times depending on your sdcard, but could result in more battery usage.

App2sd may mean two things, one is using the android feature of moving a limited amount of apps to a folder on a sdcard (thus freeing up the internal storage) via the app info screen in android, the other (a2sd/a2sdext) means linking your internal storage to your ext partition and moving your internal stored apps to that partition. This means that you can only install apps on the ext partition of your sd card and that apps cant access your real internal storage anymore unless you reverse the process. App performance may degrade when direct run from a slow sd card.

A solution to not being able to use the internal storage may be a large system partition (445mb+) so that you can push your necessary apps to the system partition and thus utilising more internal storage.

Link2sd allow you to select which apps are moved and linked to the SD card, allowing to use your ext partition and internal storage at the same time, but this makes backup and restore of your apps difficult and may cause problems if used along with android apps2sd.
There is a way to put this method in my rom that have a2sd script already? I need to remove it right? How can I do it?

Inviato dal mio HTC HD2
 
Anurag pandey
Old
#37  
Anurag pandey's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,262
Posts: 893
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenida View Post
There is a way to put this method in my rom that have a2sd script already? I need to remove it right? How can I do it?

Inviato dal mio HTC HD2
Remove the a2sd script from the rom before flashing this

Sent from my HD2 using xda premium
Having low internal memory problems? try THIS

Try Google Hindi Input

My Work:



The Following User Says Thank You to Anurag pandey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
fgth90
Old
#38  
fgth90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 235
Posts: 855
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belfort, France
Default Not working for me

Hello,

Tried your method and it failed.

What I did:

Did a fresh install of my ROM
Reboot
Did not sign any accompt.
Reboot.
Power-off my HD2.
Put the sd-card on pc, backup all informations.
Put my sd-card on HD2.
Boot in recovery.
Did a partition on CWM.
Power-off HD2.
Put the sd-card on pc, backup all informations from pc.
Copy the Ungaze_Data2sd_v4b5.zip file on sd-card.
Put my sd-card on HD2.
Boot in recovery.
Install Ungaze_Data2sd_v4b5.zip
Fix permissions.
Reboot.

Installed titanium backup.

ROM System: 220 MB
Internal: 200MB.

What did I do wrong?
Do I have to flash the Ungaze_Data2sd_v4b5.zip file BEFORE flashing my ROM?

Thanks in advance for your response
Franky
HTC ONE X ROM ViperX 4.1.1 | Android 4.2.2 | Sense 5
HBoot 1.72 - Kernel File Type:
lONELyX #023 mv/lm/sense | Stock HTC 4.18.401.2 src |S2W,DT2W,FC,UMS,UV,GPU_OC,MPDEC...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to QUOTE if you don't want I miss your post
Hit THANKS if I helped you


Keskidi?.......
 
Anurag pandey
Old
#39  
Anurag pandey's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,262
Posts: 893
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgth90 View Post
Hello,

Tried your method and it failed.

What I did:

Did a fresh install of my ROM
Reboot
Did not sign any accompt.
Reboot.
Power-off my HD2.
Put the sd-card on pc, backup all informations.
Put my sd-card on HD2.
Boot in recovery.
Did a partition on CWM.
Power-off HD2.
Put the sd-card on pc, backup all informations from pc.
Copy the Ungaze_Data2sd_v4b5.zip file on sd-card.
Put my sd-card on HD2.
Boot in recovery.
Install Ungaze_Data2sd_v4b5.zip
Fix permissions.
Reboot.

Installed titanium backup.

ROM System: 220 MB
Internal: 200MB.

What did I do wrong?
Do I have to flash the Ungaze_Data2sd_v4b5.zip file BEFORE flashing my ROM?

Thanks in advance for your response
Franky
U have to mount system data sd-ext and sdcard before flashing ungaze

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
Having low internal memory problems? try THIS

Try Google Hindi Input

My Work:



 
fgth90
Old
#40  
fgth90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 235
Posts: 855
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belfort, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag pandey View Post
U have to mount system data sd-ext and sdcard before flashing ungaze

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
Ok thanks, but when I go on

recovery
mounts and storage menu

It displays

mount /system
mount /data
unmount /cache
mount /sdcard
mount / sd-ext

Do I have to activate system data sdcard sd-ext so it displays unmount on all these items?
And do I have to flash Ungaze_Data2sd_v4b5.zip BEFORE my ROM or no?

Thanks again
Franky
HTC ONE X ROM ViperX 4.1.1 | Android 4.2.2 | Sense 5
HBoot 1.72 - Kernel File Type:
lONELyX #023 mv/lm/sense | Stock HTC 4.18.401.2 src |S2W,DT2W,FC,UMS,UV,GPU_OC,MPDEC...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to QUOTE if you don't want I miss your post
Hit THANKS if I helped you


Keskidi?.......

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes