Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 51,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]<< Artemis HD2 v73.0 >>[WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|ELL|SPA|PTG|RUS|NLD|NOR|SVE|DAN] WEH6.5

Tip us?

Wanchope2k
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0p0v83 View Post
Hi, I'm coming back last time on the changing phone thing, I really don't want to disturb one of the best tread of XDA, I just want to share my experience of the One X I bought just to make a comparaison between it and the HD2.
Peter
Peter thanks for your comparison...
I have also been thinking about a One X but those two things (integrated battery & no SD card) are putting me off.
I was using a One S today in Conrad & I love the Sense intergration & its very fast (even though its not quite a powerful as the One X).

I am favouring the Samsung Galaxy 3, as it has a changeable battery (but also no SD card) but on the Galaxy S1 I hate all of the Samsung apps they fill it up with...
Will wait until its available in Germany to have a play with.

Until then, Im sticking with Artemis as it does everything I need perfectly.
I use the Galaxy S1 then just for WhatsApp.

henk-jan
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanchope2k View Post
Peter thanks for your comparison...
I have also been thinking about a One X but those two things (integrated battery & no SD card) are putting me off.
I was using a One S today in Conrad & I love the Sense intergration & its very fast (even though its not quite a powerful as the One X).

I am favouring the Samsung Galaxy 3, as it has a changeable battery (but also no SD card) but on the Galaxy S1 I hate all of the Samsung apps they fill it up with...
Will wait until its available in Germany to have a play with.

Until then, Im sticking with Artemis as it does everything I need perfectly.
I use the Galaxy S1 then just for WhatsApp.
I've a OneX also and have no problems with what you fear.
How often do you need to change the battery? How often is it a problem? I never had (with the HD2)
The same with a SD card: the OneX has enough memory, more then I need, and I backup "in the cloud" just in case.
So the disadvantages you name are in my modest opinion virtual problems which I don't experience.
Just my two cents
p0p0v83 gives a nice summery, thanks for i. I'm less negative about Android so far. It's new for me so I need to understand and use it the way I did with Artemis, but in potential it isn't inferior (neither superior): it's different :)
Nokia 6210 (sold)
Qtek 2020 (sold)
Qtek 9000 (in museum)
HTC TyTN II (given away)
HTC HD2 ROM
Artemis 72 NLD (backup)
Asus TF300T ROM:Cm11-Crombkk4.4.4 Kernel: _That10+
HTC One X ARHD 31.3 (given to my son)
HTC One M8 ARHD 10.2 Kernel: ElementalX 1.02

kuzibri
Old
(Last edited by kuzibri; 30th May 2012 at 10:10 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk-jan View Post
p0p0v83 gives a nice summery, thanks for i. I'm less negative about Android so far. It's new for me so I need to understand and use it the way I did with Artemis, but in potential it isn't inferior (neither superior): it's different :)
Hi H-J,

you're absolutely right: Android is not that bad at all, certainly not ICS, but in a lot of aspects it's inferior to WinMO with Artemis ROM. But all in all, we should not close our eyes for new developments. BTW, using Android is not that difficult at all. It's a bit like Artemis, highly customizable, etc.

very best regards, Kuzibri

Life is finite but learning never ends!

henk-jan
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzibri View Post
Hi H-J,

you're absolutely right: Android is not that bad at all, certainly not ICS, but in a lot of aspects it's inferior to WinMO with Artemis ROM. But all in all, we should not close our eyes for new developments. BTW, using Android is not that difficult at all. It's a bit like Artemis, highly customizable, etc.

You are right, it's only finding the way how to do it. With Artemis I know what to do, in Android it's different and sometimes it takes a lot of time to find out to find the wright button

Regards, Henk-Jan
Nokia 6210 (sold)
Qtek 2020 (sold)
Qtek 9000 (in museum)
HTC TyTN II (given away)
HTC HD2 ROM
Artemis 72 NLD (backup)

p0p0v83
Old
Thanks Meter 3
henk-jan is right on the batery-sd thing. It was the thing I hesitated the most at start, but well it has 32gb integrated, same as I have on the hd2, and with "clouds" or "dropbox" it's ok.
I used to change the batery on my hd2, still doing it, because I do intensive use of my phones, but the one integrated in the one X is good. I did the lithium charges at start, 2 times till end and 2 charges all night, and now I can call something like 3 hours a day, playing with all the things on the phone, takes pics and it hold 1,5 day. I load it all end of the day so it's ok for now, what I said is what will happen in 2 years when the batery will be old, can it be changeable etc ...

henk-jan
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0p0v83 View Post
........... I load it all end of the day so it's ok for now, what I said is what will happen in 2 years when the batery will be old, can it be changeable etc ...
Thanks for your reply.
How long did you have the HD2?
How long will it last the OneX will be replaced?
That was my mean consideration: will I keep the OneX long enough before the battery is end of life
Regards, Henk-Jan
Nokia 6210 (sold)
Qtek 2020 (sold)
Qtek 9000 (in museum)
HTC TyTN II (given away)
HTC HD2 ROM
Artemis 72 NLD (backup)

mikempower
Old
Thanks Meter 14
i bought a Galaxy note last winter and then a new worl opened to me...

Artemis is a great rome,thgreatest for the HTC hd2 that i use again every day ,but Android is the next level,two steps above...Faster,smoother,with more features and customizations,and developed more and more every day...

HTC or Samsung?
HD2 is imho the best phone ever and i think that htc didn't repeated his perfection in its new phones...samsung with GS2,NOTE and GS3 reached the TOP for the smartphone,and also xda community supportes this smartphone in an excellent Way...

kuzibri
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,572
Quote:
You are right, it's only finding the way how to do it. With Artemis I know what to do, in Android it's different and sometimes it takes a lot of time to find out to find the wright button

Regards, Henk-Jan
Hi H-J,

whenever I can help you find your way, do not hesitate to contact me!

The Following User Says Thank You to kuzibri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

henk-jan
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzibri View Post
Hi H-J,

whenever I can help you find your way, do not hesitate to contact me!

I know my friend.
Nokia 6210 (sold)
Qtek 2020 (sold)
Qtek 9000 (in museum)
HTC TyTN II (given away)
HTC HD2 ROM
Artemis 72 NLD (backup)

kuzibri
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,572
Quote:
I know my friend.
Hi H-J,

thanks for that. Waiting for your questions I'm a fair Android knowledger at this very moment, but not yet as far and deep as Artemis

Tags
vouj
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe