No registration required

[Q] Error while restoring /data!

OP MadMav88

31st May 2012, 02:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

120 posts
More
I got this error when I restore a full backup in CWM.
I explain better:
I made a full nandroid backup & a full titanium backup on my old PB G100W, then I received a brand new tablet from Acer.. Now I would restore back all my apps & data, so I made downgrade from HC 3.2.1 to HC 3.0.1 unstable, root, recovery 1.3.4, updated recovery to 1.7.3 touch and flashed Tegraowners v169.
I restored apps by Titanium and everything was ok, but 2 apps (Opera and a game weren't work properly). Tried something to solve it, but nothing.
I decided to restore my last nandroid backup from cwm 1.7.3, but nothing, restoring boot ok, restoring system ok, restoring data works for a while, almost at the end stops and give me back "Error while restoring /data!".
Maybe my backup could be corrupted or maybe it's a internal storage issue.
So I made a real format (data/media enabled) -> /format system.
Retried, nothing, get back the same error.
Flashed back recovery 1.3.4 by thor and retried restoring, works for a while, then stops again.
I tried another nandroid backup, different from the first one (of 1 week before), same procedure, and stops and the same point.
So, I got two corrupted backup or I'm missing something?

EDIT:
Solved!
I tried so much methods that I bricked the tab, but solved with TimmyDean's method, unbricked, reflashed and then (I don't know how) all Titanium backup were working and no issues.
Maybe the solution on titanium back is reboot a few times.
SOLVED!
Last edited by MadMav88; 31st May 2012 at 06:58 PM.
31st May 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #2  
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,237

7,469 posts
Donate to Me
More
3 things possible.

1. You had corrupted data when you did the recovery.
2. Your recovery image is messed up.
3. Thor 1.7.3 is flakey. See number 2.

I'm betting on 3.

Just a hunch. Seems CWM 1.7.2+ has issues on some tablets. This is known in the XDA bootloader forums. Sorry you didn't hear about this, but I would advise ver 1.7 or one of the other options. A pity your recovery image is no good.

Rule of thumb. After making a recovery image, you should always restore it to make sure it is good. Not take it for granted that it works.
31st May 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

120 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

3 things possible.

1. You had corrupted data when you did the recovery.
2. Your recovery image is messed up.
3. Thor 1.7.3 is flakey. See number 2.

I'm betting on 3.

Just a hunch. Seems CWM 1.7.2+ has issues on some tablets. This is known in the XDA bootloader forums. Sorry you didn't hear about this, but I would advise ver 1.7 or one of the other options. A pity your recovery image is no good.

Rule of thumb. After making a recovery image, you should always restore it to make sure it is good. Not take it for granted that it works.

I got some freezes on 1.7.3, a few in flashing/wiping time.. Then, I restored 1.3.4 recovery, and it worked fine.
I had to update the old version to 1.7.3 for tegraowners v169 flashing, so I made it. On reboot, it wasn't work anymore.. In recovery mode the screen was blinking, no way to get out. In normal boot the tab got stuck on Acer logo, in recovery mode blinked.
Used the unbricking method with new recovery image (the same 1.7.3 touch) and all went fine.
Rebooted, flashed, restored by titanium and no issues.
Faith mistery!

Thanks for answering master Moscow

Sent from my Packard Bell G100W@RF1_rv3 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread