Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Sense 4.0][FINISHED] OrDroid 9.0.0 | EQS | APM | Tweaks | Fast & Stable

Tip us?

jheysl2
Old
(Last edited by jheysl2; 1st June 2012 at 10:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 44
What is the Sony Bravia Engine? First time installing this rom, not too sure what all the options are

and what about Z-ram ?
HANDSET: Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S4
ROM: PhoeniX ROM v9.0
KERNEL: Stock Repacked kernel v2.51
LAUNCHER: S5 TW Launcher 5x6

Previous: Samsung Galaxy Note 1 & HTC Sensation XE

TABLET: Asus Nexus 7
ROM: Stock JellyBean
LAUNCHER: Apex Premium

romskii
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheysl2 View Post
What is the Sony Bravia Engine? First time installing this rom, not too sure what all the options are

and what about Z-ram ?
ZRam

zRam is an available feature for certain distributions of Linux, that was previously called "compcache". It increases performance by avoiding paging on disk and instead uses a compressed block device in RAM in which paging takes place until it is necessary to use the swap space on the hard disk drive. Since using RAM is faster than using disks, zRam allows Linux to make more use of RAM when swapping/paging is required, especially on older computers with less RAM installed.

Even though the cost of RAM hardware is relatively low this feature still offers advantages for netbooks and other lower-powered latops, virtualization and in the case of embedded devices, especially those that use flash memories that have a limited lifespan, dependent on write-use and thus wear out quickly when used as a swap device.

Take a look on this for Bravia Engine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B14Rle4s6tI

<--- Scan the QR Code for more information

Official BaNks GApps Mirror - here (MediaFire)
Googy Kernel Team Member
The Following User Says Thank You to romskii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FrenzyGr
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheysl2 View Post

and what about Z-ram ?
It's supposed to give you better quality, but really I can't spot any difference.

You can read all about zram in a kernel topic.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
Phone: HTC Sensation XE
ROM:Charmeleon 5.0
Recovery: 4EXT
Kernel:Briked Kernel @1.72

MODS: none
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrenzyGr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andyjb103
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I still have badly distorted audio through headphones especially when using them for phone calls

ivicask
Old
(Last edited by ivicask; 1st June 2012 at 11:14 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12343

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjb103 View Post
I still have badly distorted audio through headphones especially when using them for phone calls
Me and Shnizlon tryed around 6 different headphones and no matter what we did we couldnt get distorded audio..

Your using original HTC phones or some else? And did you install Xloud?

EDIT: Can you please do a test:

Reflash ROM with <FULL WIPE>, and dont select or un-select ANY options in AROMA installer, just press next next next next and install ROM.
When its boots dont install notihing just test sound on earphones.
The Following User Says Thank You to ivicask For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andyjb103
Old
(Last edited by andyjb103; 1st June 2012 at 11:18 AM.) Reason: add version number
Thanks Meter 28
I am using the standard HTC headphones and I have not installed the xloud mod. I have just restored a nandroid backup of an earlier version of ordroid (6.1.0) and the problem is resolved.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Thanks I will try later what you have suggested. I only remove social type apps like facebook and twitter

djwasel
Old
(Last edited by djwasel; 1st June 2012 at 11:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Default sensation XE

Hi,
I installed 8.5.2, Although I have selected sensation XE (type of my phone) After installations, when i checked system Model Number says "Sensation", is that normal?

ivicask
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12343

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjb103 View Post
I am using the standard HTC headphones and I have not installed the xloud mod. I have just restored a nandroid backup of an earlier version of ordroid (6.1.0) and the problem is resolved.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Thanks I will try later what you have suggested. I only remove social type apps like facebook and twitter
Also when i better think about it, maybe phone is not getting properly wiped.
Do you have latest 4EXT Recovery? Version 1.0.0.5 RC3, if not install 4EXT Recovery updater and install latest one. Than before flashing rom inside recovery go FULL WIPE and format /system just to be sure, than try flashing ROM as i told you before.

Sorry for all the stuff but its hard to find this bug

12reza12
Old
Thanks Meter 956

DONATE TO ME
i can't receive any sms or call after flash this rom
i have mtn irancell sim card
what i must to do ???

andyjb103
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Just took 3 phonecalls.. first two badly distorted, third one crystal clear?!?!?!?

Tags
android 4, awesome, baadnewzisthebigspoon, best sensation rom, best sense 4 rom available, bricked kernel, chuuuj, coindroid, epic, fapfapfap, fapfapfap shniz n baad, htc sensation, i would plow this rom if it was woman, ic3cub3, ice cream sandwich, omfg, one s port, ordroid, quadrant useless, sense 4.0, shitzlon u r de beast, shniz can't stop won't stop!, shniz is the shniznit!!!, shnizlon ur da man!, simply amazing