The following details may or may not matter, but I wanted to post them in case what I've done so far could shed some light on the issue. I was on unlocked, unrooted firmware update to 184.108.40.206. Then I saw that there was an experimental build for Cyanogenmod, and decided to take the plunge. I unlocked the bootloader, downgraded using ViperMod, and the .17 blob file, then used sparkroot to root my device, (today I manually updated .29 firmware, and lost my root), and installed CWM recovery 220.127.116.11. I flashed Cyanogenmod and STG7. And at one point, when I restored a nandoid made in CWM, it had an error loading the data. After it loaded, and I don't remember why, I restored factory settings from the settings menu of the stock rom and I was stuck in recovery boot, and my computer wouldn't recognize the device. Finally after substituting a motorola adb driver (asus drivers wouldn't take at the time), I was able to eventually get connected in adb and ran these commands after checking around on some forums:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 bs=100 count=1 and press [Enter]
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=16 count=1 and press [Enter]
Then it rebooted like it was supposed to. After that, I think is when I flashed TWRP 2.1.5 from Goo Manager. I hope some of those details may help, because I am at a loss. Thank you in advance if you can help!