Beats by Dre Headphone Compatible

Search This thread

MichaelHaley

May 24, 2012
You guys should check out the vmoda m80 headphones. They are very recognized in the audiophile community in terms of price, performance, and looks. Also they destroy the beats in terms of sound quality. I have a pair up for sale on the marketplace if anyone wants to check them out :D
Wow, I just checked out the stats on those babes, I must say I am impressed at the price point for that kind of quality.

tjken33

Aug 11, 2007
Elizabeth
www.youtube.com
You guys should check out the vmoda m80 headphones. They are very recognized in the audiophile community in terms of price, performance, and looks. Also they destroy the beats in terms of sound quality. I have a pair up for sale on the marketplace if anyone wants to check them out :D

I was stalking this thread waiting for someone to mention v-moda so I can chime in. My experience with the crossfade LP2s has been nothing but a positive one :D

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

msn.debord

May 22, 2009

I have had the v-moda cross fade lps since August or September and they've taken quite a beating in that time. I've slept with them on quite a bit. They sound very good with a good amount of bass. However in that time the padding is not as efficient and sound leaks out quite a bit. I'll probably get bashed for this. But I also have beats wireless and I think they sound better and have more bass and more sound blocking. The only thing I don't like about the beats is that they are on ear instead of over

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

bigern79

Mar 23, 2007
Bothell, WA
V-Moda M80s FTW!

+1 on this! I was considering Beats because I'm not an audiophile, but the M80's blew me a away. I love the sound from these babies, and I found them for $150 shipped. They are made from "military grade" material, and it shows. The case that comes with them is bomb proof. All in all, one of the best electronic purchases I've made in the last couple of years (and I make a lot of electronic purchases :) )

vbrtrmn

Sep 22, 2010
I've gone through many pair of headphones.

Issues with most headphones on the market.

• horribly uncomfortable after over an hour of usage
  • very poorly designed arms which are constructed from flimsy plastic for easy breakage
  • poor quality wire and/or connection
  • sound coloring (my ears aren't sensitive enough to distinguish it

My last set was a pair of the first generation Bose Around the Ear, they're comfortable for about 30 minutes, then your ears tend to get sore. They also have some nice break points where the plastic connects to the metal. I got about one year out of these, original price was about $150.

I currently use the Sony MD4-XB500, they are extremely comfortable and durable, the failure points which I've seen in every set I've owned don't exist in these. They are so comfortable that I frequently forget I'm wearing them. The wire is sturdy and the connection seems durable.

If you have very sensitive ears... Sennheiser are highly recommended by audiophiles.

Sebrina

Jun 11, 2006
You guys are funny! Your recommending high-end equipment for a cellphone! That's like installing 1000 dollar high end JBL speakers on a boombox. No matter how good the speakers or headphones in this case are it will still sound like crap because at the end of the day it's still a cellphone.

Hadcook

May 30, 2012
My opinion

You guys are funny! Your recommending high-end equipment for a cellphone! That's like installing 1000 dollar high end JBL speakers on a boombox. No matter how good the speakers or headphones in this case are it will still sound like crap because at the end of the day it's still a cellphone.

+1

Listen at the end of the day you are using a phone, there is a lot of tech in a phone that is going to interfere with the sound so why spend upwards of $200 unless you are going to run flac files (have fun only being able to store 10 songs on your phone) and using an amp/preamp.

That being said, I have beats turned off and running poweramp with my custom settings on the equilizer. I was using my ibeats ( I have owner 2 pairs) and ended up having to get new ones because bother pairs have had the cord damaged by the 3.5mm jack. It is very poorly designed and doesnt offer much flexibility which causes this. I did enjoy my ibeatz for loud environments (Gym, commuting, etc). They are heavier though and even with Moster supertips that fit tightly in my ears then still tended to come loose when walking at a fast pace. Also the mic and buttons are very "cheap" feeling, it is one aspect I absolutely hated about them.

So I replaced them with the Klipsch S4A's. Out of the box they feel a bit weird when you are used to beats because the earbud part is featherweight in comparison to the ibeats. The cord seems quality and the connections to the 3.5mm jack seems 100x better then the beats. The cord is prone to tangling though and out of the box its hard to get rid of the spiralling that the cord does. With the standard tips I was not that impressed with the fit, they are cheap and do not fit that comfortably (poor job by klipsch but pretty much stock now does with most oems). After swapping them with my supertips (Link below) I was blown away by these. I had good lows and good highs coming from a phone, and music was fairly clean.

Problems, controls didnt seem to work out the box, had to install the klipsch app but didnt seem to work well with poweramp. Changed the setting in poweramp and got them working seamlessly. (You HAVE to turn of the sound that the klipsch app uses when pushing the button, it is awful). Only thing I am still trying to correct is my music no longer stops when I remove the headphones ~ annoying. Also the controls use only one button for ALL functions which is extremely annoying and hard to set the loudness to desired setting. I would have prefered a dedicated vol up/down buttons and then a function key.

I mean at the end of the day, its Monster that makes the beats and they wouldnt ruin their brand with garbage, but when buying mass market products like monster/bose expect to get ripped off.

Music used to compare to between the two:
Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray (Only more "normal" song I had on my phone)
Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites - Skillex (This is the genre I listen to generally on my phone so was weighted heavily)
She Will - Lil Wayne

From my experience, these have made basically every in ear headphone far more comfortable and more isolating. The sample pack (I believe Staples carries them) is the best for new users as you get both types and all the sizes so you can test them all out and find your perfect match.:
http://www.monstercable.com/headphones/supertips/

joshfokis

Apr 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
I just bought a pair of skullcandy ink'd earbuds cause i didnt want to spend alot of money but wanted good quality and yes they feel cheap but they did good i use them for work and gym and have no complaints... now i wont say they have the best sound quality but it is good... they feel comfortable when wearing them and i work out for about 1.5 hours and i listen at work for about 3-4 hours and no discomfort... but i have to use the smallest ones... but for use with my cell phone i think they are good... not using the one x yet... will be getting it friday... just my 2 cents

dylando808

Apr 3, 2012
Hawaii, USA
i managed to get me a pair of iBeats last week (won them in a contest :D) and they sound really good to me.
i'm no audiophile and i've been using cheap earbuds recently, except a $30 pair of Skullcandy earbuds, but these headphones go pretty good with the beats audio profile with the One X.
i am bummed that the volume control is broken and double pressing the center button (aka skipping a track) will dial my most recent calls.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already bought Monster Ibeat beats audio by Dr.Dre original that came with the hTC Rezound and Sensation with control talk etc. Just waiting for it to arrive :cool:
    Yep, in-ear monitor. Earbuds sit in your ear (classic white Apple headphones, for example) and IEMs sit in the ear canal.
    Very interesting... I've never tried anything like that. (I never use headphones)
    I guess there are benefits?

I use IEMs for work. Here's a pic:

IMAG0001.jpg

Good ones (these are pretty good) cost at LEAST 1k. They also sound like crap for casual listening to music. You hear a TON of detail, but it is really flat...
    There are cheaper ones for casual listening, but I am not sure I see the point (extra -10db isolation?).

As to headphones, depends on what you like. Beats are really muddy IMHO (Yuck...unless you like house/Rap and are slightly insensitive to bass...). I always go with the $150 of UE's (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/ue/ue-earphones/devices/UE700). They are a lot "truer" to the original source, without being too boring. I can listen to most things on them without puking...It's kinda fruitless to go up any higher in price, as generally the source you will be listening to on a portable device is squashed all to hell with compression and coding into mp3, etc....

EDIT - I guess one reason to pay more is build quality, as the UE's can be kind of fragile...
    Everyone is different, though, so do what you like. Just my 2...
    yep they are i have the tours but the voulume controls dont work on the one x
    the middle button does