Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Micro Arc Oxidation failure?

Tip us?

cakira
Old
Thanks Meter 5
micxploed, perhaps your concerns are sincere. But anyway, you are trolling this topic. Please, stop.

Comrades, don't feed the trolls.

Harrysoon
Old
(Last edited by original_ganjaman; 30th May 2012 at 10:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 112
Thanks to Vasp for sending me his spare paint kit, but I bit the bullet and exchanged again. Yesterday was the final day to exchanged it, so I thought I might as well do it. I went to a different Carphone Warehouse and the guy at this one seemed to know about the issue and just took my phone off me and handed me a new one straight out of the box. It's still a 23 serial number, so will see how this on goes. I have another 28 days again to exchange it.

I'm down in London next week too where I originally bought the phone. If it happens while I'm there I'll take it to the actual Carphone Warehouse I got it from. They may have newer models there with it being a much busier place and it being in higher demand there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micxploed View Post
I'm done, bottom line here is, you are a one s abuser. Blala jojoba

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA
You buy a phone with a metal cased phone, and then keep it in a case. That makes sense. That's like me and my car, which I love to bits, wrapping it in bubble wrap in case someone crashes in to me.

wilcoholic
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I agree with most users. Whats the freaking point in buying a nice looking phone made out of quality materials if you are going to keep it in a case. You might as well buy the GS3 then since its a superior phone in most categories. I bought the 1S for its design.

Its the same complaint I have with iphone users who buy a ridiculously ugly case for their phones. Why worry about getting a scratch on your phone when you are never going to enjoy your phone to its fullest potential. I don't see the point in this materialistic view.

Anyway my 1S is absolutely butchered after 6 weeks of use and I think I am just going to sand it down for a silver aluminum look.

Android_Mark
Old
(Last edited by original_ganjaman; 30th May 2012 at 10:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by micxploed View Post
MOD Edit: Quote removed.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

Don't think it is the coating that is the fault, but more what it is coating. The aluminium on the One S is less than 1 mm thick, so fairly flexible, whereas a satellite is probably several cm thick and quite rigid. It is the flexible case and the rigid ceramic combination that is causing the fault on the first batch.

btw, after 6 weeks of putting it off, ordered my black One S today, from Mobiles.co.uk (some excellent deals, and parto f the Carphone Warehouse) tonight. Should be here tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

M
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Mark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

original_ganjaman
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4866
Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned some posts from the last few pages. Some of the comments are not acceptable. Further trolling will result in a infraction/ban. Do not engage trolls, just report them and let the moderation team sort the problem. In short, dont feed the trolls!

Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to original_ganjaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Komadyret
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Took it's time, but the repair shop has put my repaired phone in the mail. And not exactly overnighted it! I'll get it tuesday or wednesday

According to the service tag I got to see when I was in the retail store inquiring about it yesterday, they have swapped th unibody. How good or bad that is, we'll see when the phone gets un-boxed. But after 3 weeks I sure am impatient. I wasn't planning on returning to my Desire just a few weeks after buying a new phone, and use it for a full 3 weeks while my new shiny black One S was off to get it's casing polished
My One: Unlocked and rooted (somewhat)

My home on the interwebz:
http://www.411overkill.com
If it doesn't overclock... it's broken

cooldesire
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lox_Dev View Post
"It features aircraft 6,000 series aluminum which is treated with micro arc oxidation by blasting it with 10,000 volts of energy. This gives the metal a ceramic feel and causes it to become five times harder (thatís three times stronger than stainless steel).

The shell of the HTC One S is so durable that HTC claims that it does not even need a protective case. "

If it doesn't need any case as per HTC, why does the sell this
http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/h...e-go-hands-on/

hah aaa

djsubtronic
Old
Thanks Meter 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldesire View Post
If it doesn't need any case as per HTC, why does the sell this
http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/h...e-go-hands-on/

hah aaa
Kickstand.

biggyt
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have very slightly 'chipping' on the top edge

vasp3690
Old
Thanks Meter 64
no more chipping for me!
the SGS3 doesnt chip!

time to go guys. Good luck sorting things out with HTC...

Tags
one s flaw, one s scratches