Thanks Meter 669
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mountain View, CA
DONATE TO ME
Originally Posted by jonnycat26
Is the next release still going to be considered an alpha, and any idea on when you'll be putting it out? I'd like to flash this ROM during the weekend, but if a new release is imminent, I'd probably hold off and wait for that.
We are probably still in a holding phase for the next update, even though both TBalden and myself are fixing bugs and pushing changes. We are awaiting word from Senior CM members on the Doubleshot repos becoming public, and what's left to get it up on the nightlies. That's our end goal, for it to be a mainlined device, and we are at the crossover point now. I hope to have definitive info soon.
As far as a new Alpha or Beta or whatever -- Betas and RCs are usually reserved for CyanogenMod official releases. If we release more updates that are flashable before nightlies, they will likely retain the "Alpha" title, regardless of their stability.
Considering TBalden has fixed the camera sensor for the outliers with a different version than most Doubleshot owners, that might expedite a new Alpha sooner than later. Also, there's new stuff in CM not in Alpha3 -- like the Lock Screen Weather widget and some other goodies. I think this justifies a new Alpha.
I cannot commit to that release being tonight, this weekend, or next week. I personally moved for the past week and only in the past 24 hours settled back into where I can work on this build again. If all goes well, we could have a new Alpha out sooner than later.
But ultimately, we wanted it to be official in CM before more Alphas. But that's a process that's taking time.