Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,463 Members 50,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I9000) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Tip us?

eths83600
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Switched yo 3.9, everything's working perfectly.
But!
But can I go to slaphead's BBQ party?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eths83600 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gsw5700
Old
Thanks Meter 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by keverall View Post
Hi,

I am a recent convert to Slim ICS, I installed 3.9 on my SGS1 this morning and love it. I have to install apex launcher as I cant do without ics app folders and lightning doesn't seem to do the, yet. But I love how all that carp in gapps has been cut down, i swear i've never used any of that stuff.

Can someone please help me, I have had a boot loop for about 3 weeks now, I have tried everything and read loads of posts on how to fix boot loops.

I have cleared everything, formatted, installed gingerbread stock via odin, i was on cm9 but I decided to try slimICS after failing to fix the bootloop for a week, it isnt continuous anymore and it seems to be related to my battery state. I never get a crash reboot when its charging, it seems to bootloop between 90 and 80% then be stable after switching itself off, then bootloop again for a while when it hits 40%. I swear I'm not mad although I soon will be.

I attached my latest logcat, hoping someone who's had similar issues will take pity and help me. I'm hoping to hang on to my sgs1 until next year when its free upgrade renewal time, but I'm getting really sick of this endless crashing.

I already looked in the logcat and can't see much, I'm use to stacktrace but I theres so much of it and I'm not sure what to look for in android.

Thanks and appreciation to the team for SlimICS 3.9.

Kev
when you installed GB, did you repartition using pit file? did you format sd card? Did GB boot loop? What version of GB did you use?
Did you then flash CM9? did CM9 bootloop? how long did you stay on GB & CM9 (so you could determine no boot loop) ? Have you got valid Emei number? have you tried freezing apps and reenabling 1 by 1 to determine if one app is the cause? Have you tried another battery (can get cheapo one from ebay for a few quid)

Sent via TCP/IP
The Following User Says Thank You to gsw5700 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dastinger
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Flashed 3.9 and all is good as always. Great changelog once again. Won't even talk about the new bootanimation

Nice work, K
Google Nexus 5
Rom: KK 4.4.2 Slim
Kernel: Franco
Launcher: Nova

vigaruhul
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andii S. View Post
http://www.slimroms.com/changelogdownloadlink.htm

send from pegasus galaxy by a slim_sgs
I'm sure that i have read the changelog ,FAQ and something in the slim blog ,
so i flash the 3.9 base and essensial ,then rebooted ,back to cwm ,and flash slim_GAAPS , in applicatin list ( setting ) ,gaaps is showing ,but in launcher ,no icon

well ,I'm trying to flash flash base ,essential and slim_gaaps directly ,then rebooted ,but still same ,can somebody tell me how to show the icon in launcher
sorry dude for a noob question

slaphead20
Old
Thanks Meter 4755

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eths83600 View Post
Switched yo 3.9, everything's working perfectly.
But!
But can I go to slaphead's BBQ party?
Only if you copy/paste this as a post

"I flashed base and essentials today and now I don't find any of the Google apps"
All donations to me will go to THE PICKERING CENTRE...my local cancer drop in centre, a registered charity no.1112623
http://www.pickeringcancercentre.org.uk/index.html

thaikinh
Old
Thanks Meter 4
slimroms.com seems to be down at the moment, when I need it the most

erpurohit
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 1419
switched to 3.9 and Everything working perfectly fine.

Sent from my Slim-I9000

erpurohit
Old
Thanks Meter 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaikinh View Post
slimroms.com seems to be down at the moment, when I need it the most
Site is working normal. I just downloaded rom and flashed.

Sent from my Slim-I9000

erpurohit
Old
Thanks Meter 1419
Hi krarvind,

I have two things:

1. On all the roms i have tried, each listed duplicate ringtones in the the ringtone selection menu. Is this a source issue of can be fix. Not a major one.

2. Can we include the national roaming option similar to cm9?

Sent from my Slim-I9000

kuberchib
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by krarvind View Post
2GB Ram is great and prob very useful esp if you are gonna use Samsung stock ROM or another samsung based ROM as there are tons of apps that are > 15 MB in size. But exynos quad core should kick ass in terms of performance. We will have to wait and see i guess
not sure for quad core.. but if they r using krait architecture for dual core then its gonna be awesome as it has already proved its mettle (in One S) over One X quad core..

but who cares?? dey won't come with SLIM 3.9 by default

3rd beer coming soon..thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to kuberchib For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aosp, ass, dhlalit11, ics, xda