[ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

OP lavero.burgos

31st May 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #191  
Flag St. Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 25

202 posts
Donate to Me
More
First off..thanks for creating this!!!..great rom, and running great on my nt8..only problem i have is that alot of apps seem to be incompatable in the market..I realize that I can side load them..but I was wondering if there was a way to change how the market sees the device since its kind of a pain to keep sideloading updates and whatnot..if not small price to pay for having my nook running the way I want...thanks again!
31st May 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #192  
Thanks Meter: 11

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae04cc

First off..thanks for creating this!!!..great rom, and running great on my nt8..only problem i have is that alot of apps seem to be incompatable in the market..I realize that I can side load them..but I was wondering if there was a way to change how the market sees the device since its kind of a pain to keep sideloading updates and whatnot..if not small price to pay for having my nook running the way I want...thanks again!

Here's a post by HMG10 (props) I used to make my NT a "Nexus S" http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=1; hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to LMN8R For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #193  
Flag Southeast Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 106

815 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up apps not compatible
Quote:

There is a procedure that works WITHOUT changing the device name (thanks to James_Lan) found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=7
I am not certain that it works for the Ribbon Root, it was tested on CM9 (ICS) but I suspect it will work on any version.
Last edited by raywaldo; 31st May 2012 at 06:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to raywaldo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #194  
Flag St. Petersburg

202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN8R

Here's a post by HMG10 (props) I used to make my NT a "Nexus S" http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=1; hope this helps.

Ahhhhhh perfect thanks so much!

Sent from my NT8
31st May 2012, 06:54 PM   |  #195  
Flag St. Petersburg

202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywaldo

There is a procedure that works WITHOUT changing the device name (that is good) found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=7
I am not certain that it works for the Ribbon Root, it was tested on CM9 (ICS) but I suspect it will work on any version.

Ill try that first to see if it works with ribbon root just for reference..thanks

Sent from my NT8
31st May 2012, 07:00 PM   |  #196  
Flag Southeast Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 106

815 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Ill try that first to see if it works with ribbon root just for reference..thanks

Sent from my NT8

Please reply there and advise whether it works if you do NOT restore the Google Play app to factory (that has not been tested AFAIK). You probably WILL need to clear the cache on the Play store app.
The Following User Says Thank You to raywaldo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2012, 07:03 PM   |  #197  
Flag St. Petersburg

202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywaldo

Please reply there and advise whether it works if you do NOT restore the Google Play app to factory (that has not been tested AFAIK). You probably WILL need to clear the cache on the Play store app.

Will do..thanks again
31st May 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #198  
Flag St. Petersburg

202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN8R

you only changed those four lines?..mines still not working..at least i dont think so, although i got an email from google thanking me for getting a nexus s lol..i still am having issues..like i cant install google+

EDIT: sorry about this, after reading all the way through those threads, it appears that its mostly affecting games that cant normally be seen or played, like order and chaos or modern combat and letting you see and play them...apps like facebook and google+ are still not able to be dled or used, so its off to the tb-dropbox shuffle....thanks for the links tho!!
Last edited by jae04cc; 31st May 2012 at 09:53 PM.
1st June 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #199  
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
I do not see all the apps in the Google play market available for download. How do I fix that?
2nd June 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #200  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 1,315

2,513 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePirat3

I do not see all the apps in the Google play market available for download. How do I fix that?

the best you can do is in this thread

~ Veronica

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.4.0, nook tablet, ribbon, rom, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread