Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

Tip us?

jae04cc
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
First off..thanks for creating this!!!..great rom, and running great on my nt8..only problem i have is that alot of apps seem to be incompatable in the market..I realize that I can side load them..but I was wondering if there was a way to change how the market sees the device since its kind of a pain to keep sideloading updates and whatnot..if not small price to pay for having my nook running the way I want...thanks again!

LMN8R
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae04cc View Post
First off..thanks for creating this!!!..great rom, and running great on my nt8..only problem i have is that alot of apps seem to be incompatable in the market..I realize that I can side load them..but I was wondering if there was a way to change how the market sees the device since its kind of a pain to keep sideloading updates and whatnot..if not small price to pay for having my nook running the way I want...thanks again!
Here's a post by HMG10 (props) I used to make my NT a "Nexus S" http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=1; hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to LMN8R For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raywaldo
Old
(Last edited by raywaldo; 31st May 2012 at 06:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up apps not compatible

Quote:
There is a procedure that works WITHOUT changing the device name (thanks to James_Lan) found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=7
I am not certain that it works for the Ribbon Root, it was tested on CM9 (ICS) but I suspect it will work on any version.
The Following User Says Thank You to raywaldo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jae04cc
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN8R View Post
Here's a post by HMG10 (props) I used to make my NT a "Nexus S" http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=1; hope this helps.
Ahhhhhh perfect thanks so much!

Sent from my NT8

jae04cc
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywaldo View Post
There is a procedure that works WITHOUT changing the device name (that is good) found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=7
I am not certain that it works for the Ribbon Root, it was tested on CM9 (ICS) but I suspect it will work on any version.
Ill try that first to see if it works with ribbon root just for reference..thanks

Sent from my NT8

raywaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ill try that first to see if it works with ribbon root just for reference..thanks

Sent from my NT8
Please reply there and advise whether it works if you do NOT restore the Google Play app to factory (that has not been tested AFAIK). You probably WILL need to clear the cache on the Play store app.
The Following User Says Thank You to raywaldo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jae04cc
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywaldo View Post
Please reply there and advise whether it works if you do NOT restore the Google Play app to factory (that has not been tested AFAIK). You probably WILL need to clear the cache on the Play store app.
Will do..thanks again

jae04cc
Old
(Last edited by jae04cc; 31st May 2012 at 09:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN8R View Post
you only changed those four lines?..mines still not working..at least i dont think so, although i got an email from google thanking me for getting a nexus s lol..i still am having issues..like i cant install google+

EDIT: sorry about this, after reading all the way through those threads, it appears that its mostly affecting games that cant normally be seen or played, like order and chaos or modern combat and letting you see and play them...apps like facebook and google+ are still not able to be dled or used, so its off to the tb-dropbox shuffle....thanks for the links tho!!

ThePirat3
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I do not see all the apps in the Google play market available for download. How do I fix that?

lavero.burgos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1305

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePirat3 View Post
I do not see all the apps in the Google play market available for download. How do I fix that?
the best you can do is in this thread

~ Veronica
SG Captivate - PAC ROM 4.2.2 | SGS2X - CM10.1 4.2.2 | NOOK Tablet - CM10.1 4.2.2 |

If i helped you please hit
button -
Your files everywhere! Get dropbox 2GB+250mb free: http://db.tt/9DHo4Gi

VIDEO TUTORIALS
My XDA FTP Folder ~ GDrive Folder ~ My XDA Threads

Tags
1.4.0, nook tablet, ribbon, rom, stock