Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Not bricked, but can't wipe in CWMR

OP natezire71

21st April 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 312

1,311 posts
More
I installed a custom font on my Tab. I decided to try and replace the Roboto_Bold.ttf, and that's why my Tab started to boot loop. (Long story short: I did the same thing to my Nexus, but I was able to salvage what I could and am now in the process of flashing a new ROM). I wiped the Cache/Dalvik on my Tab and flashed the ROM I had on it, over itself without wiping--thinking it would give me enough control to be able to flash a new ROM. I was wrong. I install the latest CWM (v5.5.0.4) and I go into Recovery mode. CWM won't let me Wipe Data. It just sits there, then ultimately kicks me back to the CWM "Home" screen; the same thing happens when I use an older version of CWM (v4.0.0.4). I've tried restoring backups and nothing works. I even had difficulty mounting the Tab on my laptop long enough to transfer over the newer ROM.

I have no clue what to do, and I feel so powerless. I usually can fix this kind of stuff by myself, but I can't this time.

Any and all help is appreciated.
21st April 2012, 05:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 64

208 posts
More
Flash to stock using Odin ...I think you'll be able to reach downloading mode.
Of not try via adb of You are sure that debugging is checked

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk
21st April 2012, 12:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,311 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorsidu

Flash to stock using Odin ...I think you'll be able to reach downloading mode.
Of not try via adb of You are sure that debugging is checked

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk

I can reach Download mode--but I have no clue how to flash anything from ODIN. -_-
22nd April 2012, 01:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

1,311 posts
More
Shameless bump.

Autocorrected from my GNexus
22nd April 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 821

292 posts
Donate to Me
Here is a good guide to start over (is the last part "Re-“Stocking” Yer System…"): The Guide. The only problem is that you'll lose all your data.

I had a similar problem, but instead of going back to stock, I manually wiped the data/cache folders via adb, some folder was the culprit, it couldn't be deleted with its content, so first I deleted everything inside the folder and then the folder (in terms of commands, I did a rmdir instead of rm -r).
Last edited by MapleSyrup; 24th April 2012 at 10:32 PM.
22nd April 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

1,311 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleSyrup

Here is a good guide to start over (is the last part "Re-“Stocking” Yer System…"): The Guide. The only problem is that you'll lose all your data.

I had a similar problem, but instead of going back to stock, I manually wiped the data/cache folders via adb, some folder was the culprit, it couldn't be deleted with its content, so first I deleted everything inside the folder and then the folder (in terms of comands, I did a rmdir instead of rm -r).

I don't mind losing the data; however, would you mind sharing the commands with me?
24th April 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #7  

292 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by natezire71

I don't mind losing the data; however, would you mind sharing the commands with me?

This is not a step by step guide, be careful if you decide to use this method, so you won't delete anything important.

First, to access the tablet shell

Code:
adb shell
To gain root permissions

Code:
su
To remove/wipe the data

Code:
rm -r /data/data/*
That's when I encountered the problem, I had to delete directories by groups until I found the problematic one. In my case was com.google.android.tts/
Then I did:

Code:
rm -r /data/data/com.google.android.tts/*
Code:
rmdir /data/data/com.google.android.tts/
24th April 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

1,311 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleSyrup

This is not a step by step guide, be careful if you decide to use this method, so you won't delete anything important.

First, to access the tablet shell

Code:
adb shell
To gain root permissions

Code:
su
To remove/wipe the data

Code:
rm -r /data/data/*
That's when I encountered the problem, I had to delete directories by groups until I found the problematic one. In my case was com.google.android.tts/
Then I did:

Code:
rm -r /data/data/com.google.android.tts/*
Code:
rmdir /data/data/com.google.android.tts/

So, what was the problem you had? Couldn't you have just wiped in Clock Work?

Autocorrected from my GNexus
24th April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #9  

292 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by natezire71

So, what was the problem you had? Couldn't you have just wiped in Clock Work?

That was the problem, I couldn't do it in cwm.
2nd June 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #10  
Just wanted to put it out there that I erased the data using Super Manager. Not a clean enough delete for preparing it for sale but good enough for my intentions.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread