Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] No start up

OP Auminer

1st June 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
Auminer's Avatar
OP Junior Member
S.E. Alaska
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
This is a new phone and I have never gotten beyond this point:
When holding the on button with it charged and disconnected from power, it will only quickly flash/blink the at&t logo w/world phone screen.
When charging, the best it will do is show the battery icon with the bottom four icons lighted. I have charged it overnight. The four lighted icons do nothing, only dim when touched and the battery icon stays on screen.
I have gotten to the recovery menu using the three button method, then choose "boot up" (I believe it was). Still continues the same.
I have tried removing and reinstalling the battery.

Now what?
1st June 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #2  
ChuckDaEngineer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 140
 
244 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auminer

This is a new phone and I have never gotten beyond this point:
When holding the on button with it charged and disconnected from power, it will only quickly flash/blink the at&t logo w/world phone screen.
When charging, the best it will do is show the battery icon with the bottom four icons lighted. I have charged it overnight. The four lighted icons do nothing, only dim when touched and the battery icon stays on screen.
I have gotten to the recovery menu using the three button method, then choose "boot up" (I believe it was). Still continues the same.
I have tried removing and reinstalling the battery.

Now what?

When you get to recovery what version of recovery is it? If it is 2e or 3e you can try to reinstall the update.zip, it sounds like it is not seeing the boot.img. Read through the basic Captivate sections and see if you can Odin back to stock (search Odin or if your PC is running Linux you can use Heimdall). Search "Odin back to stock" or go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1300843 but read, read, read.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChuckDaEngineer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2012, 04:59 AM   |  #3  
Auminer's Avatar
OP Junior Member
S.E. Alaska
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:

When you get to recovery what version of recovery is it? If it is 2e or 3e...

I was the 3e and I used the I897UCJF6 Odin3 one step. Worked when I finally got the 3 button to bring up the download screen.
Now the darn thing will only work when its tethered ie., either to the USB or to the charger. Only stays on for maybe a minute after I pull the cable out and won't come on at all by its self. Guess I got one of those IMEI duds!? Numbers jive. Sure would like to find a workaround rather than going through the hassle of returning it to an ebayer.
Last edited by Auminer; 3rd June 2012 at 05:05 AM. Reason: posted URL
3rd June 2012, 01:42 PM   |  #4  
korockinout13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 532
 
2,025 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
So does it ever fully boot or not?

Sent from my SGH-I897
3rd June 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #5  
Auminer's Avatar
OP Junior Member
S.E. Alaska
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by korockinout13

So does it ever fully boot or not?

Sent from my SGH-I897

Yes it does, but only with the cable connected.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes