Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)(2012.05.26)

OP laidaxin

31st May 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #181  
Thanks Meter: 23

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovanphilip

Well i can only hope they release it. I just bricked my flipside. It's stuck in an endless boot loop and i cant get rsd lite to flash any sbf files because as soon as i plug it into the pc while in the bootloader menu, the flipside switches off and wont turn on until i plug it into the charger which then promptly resumes the boot loop. FML.

Hi!

Well, sadly I dont know how to help You better but I would like to share with you a trick that save me an XT 720 time ago when I got it bricked and the battery drained...

In such case and since I didnt have an external battery charger, I then test by using an usb cable, cut the female end, and split the wires... tehn I indetify the (+) and (-) leads and using duct tape I firmly stick the wires to the proper connectors on my battery and leave it connected around 15 min, and was maintain touching the battery to be sure that not heat too much... in that way I got my battery recharged and later I found a way to unbrick it...

So, I only share the trick if may be usefull since by the awful moto way of things in this details in some models if the phone is brick it tends to refuse to charge the battery in the normal way...

Good luck in unbrick your phone and best regards!...
The Following User Says Thank You to xaser66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2012, 12:05 PM   |  #182  
Thanks Meter: 4

4 posts
Questions and battery recharge suggestion
Question about the Android Market/Google Play Store: When I installed this CM7.2 onto my flipside, I discovered there is no Market or Play Store. Was this an oversight or intentionally left out, or did I do something wrong? When I try to install any version of the Market or Play Store, either they won't load at all and force close (Market), or load, run, and browse, but when I try to actually download and install anything, they force close immediately and then won't restart (Play Store). Is there a fix for this?

There are a number of applications that don't work right with mine (or stop working after a while), and I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my phone or a bug with CM7.2. Being unable to use the Market/Play Store makes things harder to diagnose as I have to downloadk APK files to the SDcard and then install them from there.

Also, the Wi-Fi Hotspot doesn't work properly, it gives an error and doesn't work. Is this a known issue or is there just something wrong with mine?

For those whose batteries have discharged too far and are now stuck in the bootloader low battery situation, if you can find a phone or device that uses a similar sized battery contact (and uses a similar voltage battery), it's a simple matter to connect the battery up and let it charge in the other device. I found that the Droid X battery contacts are the same as the Flipside, it just uses a much bigger battery. With a little ingenuity I was able to hold the battery in contact long enough to get fully charged so that I could unbrick my Flipside. Maybe others will have equal success with other devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to isalandr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #183  
Thanks Meter: 26

105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isalandr

Question about the Android Market/Google Play Store: When I installed this CM7.2 onto my flipside, I discovered there is no Market or Play Store. Was this an oversight or intentionally left out, or did I do something wrong? When I try to install any version of the Market or Play Store, either they won't load at all and force close (Market), or load, run, and browse, but when I try to actually download and install anything, they force close immediately and then won't restart (Play Store). Is there a fix for this?

There are a number of applications that don't work right with mine (or stop working after a while), and I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my phone or a bug with CM7.2. Being unable to use the Market/Play Store makes things harder to diagnose as I have to downloadk APK files to the SDcard and then install them from there.

Also, the Wi-Fi Hotspot doesn't work properly, it gives an error and doesn't work. Is this a known issue or is there just something wrong with mine?

For those whose batteries have discharged too far and are now stuck in the bootloader low battery situation, if you can find a phone or device that uses a similar sized battery contact (and uses a similar voltage battery), it's a simple matter to connect the battery up and let it charge in the other device. I found that the Droid X battery contacts are the same as the Flipside, it just uses a much bigger battery. With a little ingenuity I was able to hold the battery in contact long enough to get fully charged so that I could unbrick my Flipside. Maybe others will have equal success with other devices.

you should install gapps for CM7, it includes Playstore. And the specs said that MB508 don't have wifi hotspot
1st June 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #184  
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

It sucks down power like crazy for no reason in the boot loader.. faster then a PC can charge it from my experience. Try charging it (while off) until it's full (or when you think it's full) and try again

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaser66

Hi!

Well, sadly I dont know how to help You better but I would like to share with you a trick that save me an XT 720 time ago when I got it bricked and the battery drained...

In such case and since I didnt have an external battery charger, I then test by using an usb cable, cut the female end, and split the wires... tehn I indetify the (+) and (-) leads and using duct tape I firmly stick the wires to the proper connectors on my battery and leave it connected around 15 min, and was maintain touching the battery to be sure that not heat too much... in that way I got my battery recharged and later I found a way to unbrick it...

So, I only share the trick if may be usefull since by the awful moto way of things in this details in some models if the phone is brick it tends to refuse to charge the battery in the normal way...

Good luck in unbrick your phone and best regards!...

Quote:

It's not an issue with holding charge (at least I don't think it is). When I plug it into the charger, it turns on and from there I can go to the bootloader. From the bootloader (or any time I plug it into the charger and it turns on) I can unplug it and it will remain on. It's ONLY when I plug it into the PC that it switches off immediately and refuses to turn on again until I plug the charger back in.

At either rate, I carried it into the store from which I bought it as my warranty still has 3 months remaining. Since they likely don't have the technical means to verify that I tampered with the software, they'll either return it to me fully repaired (unlikely) or give me a new flipside or another phone worth the same value.

When/If I get a new flipside, I'll donate it to one of the devs here on the forum for development. I've had my eyes on the galaxy nexus.

Everyone wins in the end.
Last edited by jovanphilip; 1st June 2012 at 07:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jovanphilip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #185  
Thanks Meter: 860

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phapsubongtoi

you should install gapps for CM7, it includes Playstore. And the specs said that MB508 don't have wifi hotspot

Flash this http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
And if you want a newer Google talk (think it comes with video chat), flash the above, then this on top: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-2011082...alk-signed.zip

No wifi hotspot/tethering is probably an issue with the ROM port.. I'll have to look into it when I get home
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #186  

4 posts
Quote:

Flash this (URL removed)

And if you want a newer Google talk (think it comes with video chat), flash the above, then this on top: (URL removed)

No wifi hotspot/tethering is probably an issue with the ROM port.. I'll have to look into it when I get home

Thanks for the quick responses. I really appreciate the help.

Please forgive my newness to all of this, but I'm not sure what you mean by flashing those two files. I got used to supporting Android on my old Tilt (that was an adventure). This is my first foray into aftermarket software on my Flipside. I had more than enough trouble learning how to flash CM7.2 onto the thing in the first place. Especially when I ran into that dead battery issue. I thought I'd bricked the phone for good.

What's the recommended method to use the two files you listed? Do I open them in RSDLite, or unpack them onto the phone's SDCard somewhere?
1st June 2012, 10:01 PM   |  #187  
Thanks Meter: 860

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the quick responses. I really appreciate the help.

Please forgive my newness to all of this, but I'm not sure what you mean by flashing those two files. I got used to supporting Android on my old Tilt (that was an adventure). This is my first foray into aftermarket software on my Flipside. I had more than enough trouble learning how to flash CM7.2 onto the thing in the first place. Especially when I ran into that dead battery issue. I thought I'd bricked the phone for good.

What's the recommended method to use the two files you listed? Do I open them in RSDLite, or unpack them onto the phone's SDCard somewhere?

Copy them to the SD card and flash using recovery the same way you flashed the CM7 ROM package
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #188  

4 posts
Quote:

Copy them to the SD card and flash using recovery the same way you flashed the CM7 ROM package

Thank you! That worked like a charm! the Market/Play Store is now functioning as it should.
3rd June 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #189  

4 posts
Flipside keyboard question
Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, or the right thread I mean, but here goes anyway. So the CM7.2 keyboard map has the symbol key opening the input device menu, which only has the one keyboard entry. But this means that now I don't have access to the symbols like I used to. How do I change that? I really miss the symbols menu, and for certain daily tasks (like certain passwords), I genuinely need them. How do I get them back? Is there another keyboard keymap I can install?
4th June 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #190  
Flag MI
Thanks Meter: 7

66 posts
More
Does 3G work in the latest release? I've had enough with the stock ROM and want to give this a try. Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to mustafu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogen, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread