OP Shinydude100

3rd June 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #441  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 470

1,877 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcidroyale

Oh nooo let me clarify. I don't need anyone's mac address. I already have a non Wimax phone activated on Virgin. All we need is the realm settings which are universal to all phones. All I would do is plug in those realm setting on my already active Virgin phone to get wimax. IF that didn't work, I'd have to call virgin & activate a wimax device on the account & just plug those setting into my ET4G & then my plan would go from $25 to $35. Again, what I detailed is for someone who has an active phone on Virgin already.

Sigh, Your not getting it... You cant use the mac address linked to you sprint epic on a virgin mobile account. It must be a virgin mobile wimax mac address. You can edit the mac address on a phone. I can easily find the wimax realm for virgin mobile. Just have to ask someone who has then new virgin evo.

But hey go ahead and try.

edit: after doing some searching looks like virgin mobile's wimax realm is:

virginmobile.sprintpcs.com
Last edited by brooksyx; 3rd June 2012 at 10:45 PM.
3rd June 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #442  
Thanks Meter: 12

207 posts
I understand it's not just about the realm. Are you saying the MAC address cannot be changed? It should be the same process of how we got our Sprint phones on Virgin in the fitst place. Taking all the settings (including the unique identifying numbers like ESN) from the Virgin phone & plugging them into a Sprint phone so Virgin thinks the Sprint phone is a Virgin phone.

Furthermore, how do we know Virgin won't allow the Sprint phone MAC address when we can change the realm to Clearwire right now & get Wimax that way. Clearwire is the provider for Virgin Wimax and Sprint.
3rd June 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #443  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 470

1,877 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcidroyale

I understand it's not just about the realm. Are you saying the MAC address cannot be changed? It should be the same process of how we got our Sprint phones on Virgin in the fitst place. Taking all the settings (including the unique identifying numbers like ESN) from the Virgin phone & plugging them into a Sprint phone so Virgin thinks the Sprint phone is a Virgin phone.

Furthermore, how do we know Virgin won't allow the Sprint phone MAC address when we can change the realm to Clearwire right now & get Wimax that way. Clearwire is the provider for Virgin Wimax and Sprint.

No it can be changed. But a virgin mac address must be paired with a virgin realm, just like sprint mac with a sprint realm, a clear mac with a clear realm, etc. Sprint/virgin mobile isnt going to allow you to use a mac address from a sprint phone that has been marked with a bad esn/the esn isnt active. I am sure on their database mac addresses are linked to the phones factory esn.

So they only way it would work is if you got your hands on a virgin mobile wimax mac address from somones active phone, but I dont know why you would want to clone someones wimax realm from virgin from as they throttle after 2.5gb.

A wimax mac address can be active on more than one device, they just cant be on the same tower. If you really wanted to you go to the mall or best buy or etc and go pick up an active display phone and go into the settings and copy down the mac address and write it to your phone and just make sure you have the right realm and you will have 4g service. That being said that isnt necessarily the right or legal thing to do..
4th June 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #444  
Flag Whittier
Thanks Meter: 46

239 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx

No it can be changed. But a virgin mac address must be paired with a virgin realm, just like sprint mac with a sprint realm, a clear mac with a clear realm, etc. Sprint/virgin mobile isnt going to allow you to use a mac address from a sprint phone that has been marked with a bad esn/the esn isnt active. I am sure on their database mac addresses are linked to the phones factory esn.

So they only way it would work is if you got your hands on a virgin mobile wimax mac address from somones active phone, but I dont know why you would want to clone someones wimax realm from virgin from as they throttle after 2.5gb.

A wimax mac address can be active on more than one device, they just cant be on the same tower. If you really wanted to you go to the mall or best buy or etc and go pick up an active display phone and go into the settings and copy down the mac address and write it to your phone and just make sure you have the right realm and you will have 4g service. That being said that isnt necessarily the right or legal thing to do..

Virgin claims only 3g is throttled and 4g is unlimited.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
4th June 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #445  

207 posts
I am doubly confused now! In fairness I don't think I articulated myself correctly. In any case, my phone does not have a bad ESN because I never activated it so I'll just figure out through trial and error if this is possible. Wish me luck!
12th June 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #446  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 317

179 posts
Donate to Me
It's impossible and a good way to let them know to flag your meid - you can't use ANY sprint phone on virgin mobile legitimately.
13th June 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #447  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 28

425 posts
More
Question CLEAR WIRE Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosan

It's impossible and a good way to let them know to flag your meid - you can't use ANY sprint phone on virgin mobile legitimately.

Wouldn't you just get an error message (when trying to browse the web) from Clear saying that you need to purchase a "daily pass"?

- 2B
13th June 2012, 06:45 AM   |  #448  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 458

1,579 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosan

? Are you talking in General, or getting 4G working? It's nearly impossible to get flagged unless you're some idiot who has both phones on, and who calls virgin Mobile saying you have a sprint phone on their network, and that you grabbed their phone and placed its identity on your epic.

I'm legitametly using my Epic on Virgin Mobile, getting support from them when I need it, even as far as showing it off to Sprint stores, watching them drop their jaws.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
13th June 2012, 08:33 AM   |  #449  

207 posts
I was wondering the same. I have had my Epic Touch 4G on Virgin for months now with no issues. Many of us have. Would you care to clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinydude100

? Are you talking in General, or getting 4G working? It's nearly impossible to get flagged unless you're some idiot who has both phones on, and who calls virgin Mobile saying you have a sprint phone on their network, and that you grabbed their phone and placed its identity on your epic.

I'm legitametly using my Epic on Virgin Mobile, getting support from them when I need it, even as far as showing it off to Sprint stores, watching them drop their jaws.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
25th June 2012, 01:49 AM   |  #450  
Flag L.A. - O.C.
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Is there a guide on how to switch the Epic 4G back to Sprint? When I followed the steps to get the Epic working on Virgin Mobile I didn't write down the orignial Sprint values in CDMA. I'm looking to sell the Epic 4G and put back the original clean ESN. I bought a used Epic 4g Touch and I am using that on Virgin Mobile now. Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread