Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to rescue our bricked phone

Tip us?

8cpaiw
Old
Thanks Meter 122
i didt understand you good but i thinks you must do this:

flash to stock re-root it and then thats it ....i think
Just because I don't,doesn't mean I can't

Phones:

Name:Sony Ericsson Xperia x8
Bootloader:LOCKED(12W03)
ROM:Ginger DX v31
Digitizer:Cypress
Overclock:729 Mhz

Name:Lg Optimus 2x
ROM:???
Overclock:1500 Mhz

STOCK ROM for X8/W8

Thanks for the download link

LeiUlanday
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Alternative links for ftf stock roms

The links posted aren't working anymore, at least for the ftf files.

My phone's softbricked right now for flashing a custom rom without wiping the cache partition, and I badly need my phone this time. SEUS and PC Companion wouldn't work for me. SEUS wouldn't even start. I've tried PC Companion months ago and it did work a couple of times.
Maybe because of the software updates that were made since I last unbricked my phone or maybe because I'm using a different OS this time, the Windows 8 Consumer Preview as it's still free. For those who could resolve this in case the problem is with Windows 8, please please share how you did it.

Flashtool is my last hope. Googled for the tft download links and for those who need the tft files, here's the link.

B.Jay's useraccount

Please click "MyMediafire" under his signature as I can't post outside links for now cause "ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages"

Good day.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeiUlanday For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sputnik81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i didt understand you good but i thinks you must do this:

flash to stock re-root it and then thats it ....i think

I tried several times by using X8toolbox-final, found here on the forum but it doesn't work when I click on "root" it always say "waiting for device"...it doesen't matte rif the phone is powered off, powered off and in flash mode or powered on....

I can't activate usb debugging as NO functionality works when the phone is on. The only thing displayed is the screen background and that usb cable is connected...(it asks if I want to transfer files from pc to sd-card).

So, has anybody of any idea or suggestion for me?

Will my phone (if it will ever work again) be again simlocked (even if I unlocked it)?????

SzolnoK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveir View Post
Um... you must bear some things in mind. Firstly, this tutorial was created when there was no way to unlock bootloader whatsoever. If you damaged the bootloader, I cannot help you.

Moreover, GingerDX and some other ROMs base on CWM recovery, which also was not available for X8 when I was creating this tut. If you flash xRecovery for such ROMs, you may screw the booting data of your ROM.

If the ftf files don't work, try to find some other, or some flashable xRecovery stock ROM files - I recall there were some at some point or another.

Anyway - there is a new, up to date tutorial that encompasses the bootloader thingie. Try to find it
i have both of recovery app
but i used CWM recovery when i was installing new ROM
i can't find the solution about bootloader on forum also

p.s.
if someone help me i can donate $3 paypal. I have no phone for days

eagleeyetom
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter 11,305

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveir View Post
Um... you must bear some things in mind. Firstly, this tutorial was created when there was no way to unlock bootloader whatsoever. If you damaged the bootloader, I cannot help you.

Moreover, GingerDX and some other ROMs base on CWM recovery, which also was not available for X8 when I was creating this tut. If you flash xRecovery for such ROMs, you may screw the booting data of your ROM.

If the ftf files don't work, try to find some other, or some flashable xRecovery stock ROM files - I recall there were some at some point or another.

Anyway - there is a new, up to date tutorial that encompasses the bootloader thingie. Try to find it
Dude, you are alive!

Sent from my X8 using xda premium

sputnik81
Old
(Last edited by sputnik81; 3rd June 2012 at 07:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Now I tried the whole procedure several times.

If I don't put in any sim, I can root, unlock the bootloader, install busybox and Superuser, flash Gingerbread v23

BUT 2 kind of errors occour:

1. if I flash gingerbread v23,.....the phone still only displays SE logo (I flashed the rom and then applied full whipe), then I re flashed original rom again, rooted...., flashed gingerbread v23 + alfa ddons,+full whipe... -> same result

2. if I try to use the original ROM with my simcard...., after inserting the pin code, no icon appears, no functionality. The phone doesn't work (without sim card, I have all icons, menus, and so on...)

I have to admit that tried so often that I already tried Run msm7227_semc.cmd and the Run msm7227_sect2.cmd....even if the S1 tool told me not recognized Simlock....

I really don't know what to do. I don't know what tool was used to sim-unlock that crap, I only know my phone is dead/unusable and I really really would like to restore it, even to original rom, with a sim-unlock. I need that phone.

Please help me!!!

LeiUlanday
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik81 View Post
I tried several times by using X8toolbox-final, found here on the forum but it doesn't work when I click on "root" it always say "waiting for device"...it doesen't matte rif the phone is powered off, powered off and in flash mode or powered on....

I can't activate usb debugging as NO functionality works when the phone is on. The only thing displayed is the screen background and that usb cable is connected...(it asks if I want to transfer files from pc to sd-card).

So, has anybody of any idea or suggestion for me?

Will my phone (if it will ever work again) be again simlocked (even if I unlocked it)?????
What was your indicator that it's on flash mode? Did you see the green led light up? If you're phone's softbricked, USB debugging shouldn't be your primary concern.
You should first flash a rom(Custom or Stock) before rooting as rooting needs USB debugging and USB debugging is only possible when you've already flashed a rom. You can't root before flashing.

Please review these steps again.

Quote:
2. Flashtool
Flashtool is a software developed for Xperia X10, with later added functionality for our precious X8.

It comes in handy when two things happen: we cannot, for whatever reason, enter xRecovery and we don't want to/cannot use SEUS or PCC.

How to use?
1. Download latest version from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746
2. Download ROM image, whichever you prefer:
X8 Shakira E15i_2.1.1.A.0.6_generic.ftf
X8_1.6_clear.ftf
X8_2.0.2_China.ftf
SE x8_2.1_rus.ftf
3. Download the baseband if you want to flash it (custom ROMs like miniCM or CM7 require baseband ending with "15" in order for app2sd to work):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=976538
4. Place ftf file in /firmwares directory of your flashtool.
5. Install drivers from /drivers directory (if your antivirus doesn't like them, disable the antivirus :P)
6. Prepare yourself - plug the USB cable to the computer (NOT TO THE DEVICE YET) and launch flasher.
7. Click "flash", choose your ROM from the list, wait for instructions.
8. When the instruction pops up, press and hold "back" button on your X8 and plug the cable into it. Keep holding untill you see that flashing of files has begun, then you may release it.
9. Flashing will take a while, you may observe the progress on a bottom bar. When it's finished you will be asked to plug off your device and reboot it.
10. Tadam! It's functional again! Clean installation which you may screw up again
11. If you wish to change baseband, clean firmware directory in flashtool and place baseband ftf file in it, then go through flashing procedure again.

sputnik81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
As I already said I did all that steps, with the only difference that I installed the clean OEM Sony Ericsson Rom instead of other roms.

I didn't install any baseband....do I need to do that extra???

The only thing I want to is my phone working again (doesn't matter with which ROM if OEM or custom) with any Sim card (like before it soft bricked).#

At the moment only OEM ROm works but WITHOUT Sim card. If you insert the sim card nothing works (I tried with 3 different sim cards...)

cascabel
Old
Thanks Meter 730
this is a shot in the dark, as i'm not as knowledgeable as the other members who have already answered. but try a diff version of flashtool to flash back to stock rom (i did not use the latest when i got softbricked) and change baseband to 015 (i'm using w8 so use a baseband equivalent for x8 if they're different). and why not try flashing a different custom rom if you can? i might have repeated others' posts but that's all i can think of. hopefully something works. and if the others think the methods i listed would do more harm pls let us know. it'd be nice to learn a thing or two without having to experience this type of problem.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

one more thing. i always use superoneclick for rooting. it's noob friendly and it hasn't failed me.

fyhn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy My X8 Stuck on "SONY ERICSSON" Text

Hey… I have Xperia x8
I tried to install a ROM…and when it asked to reboot from CWM Recovery…i restarted my X8…but Then after That “Sony Ericsson” Text in showing up on the screen and nothing is happening when i am pressing & holding the Back button also.
I tried with the Flash Tool also…nut Nothing is Happening
With the help of flash tool…it is Detecting my Phone but when i am going to Advanced Menu–Selecting Reboot–There comes 2 options
KERNEL and RECOVERY…i did both the Way..but not Rebooting…
In Logs…it says “Rebooting Your Phone”
BUT Nothing Happening After that “SONY Ericsson Text”
Then for Turning off my Phone...i have to Remove my Battery from the Phone.

I am fade up of this “SONY ERICSSON” Text
PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS Help me…!!!

Tags
bricked phone, flashing, rescuing