[BUG] CM9/CM10 Data connectivity bug - unFIXED, it seems
The connectivity bug appears to be back again since the 2 Nov CM10 update - can others please confirm this?
This bug has been squashed, thanks to a hack by SlugZero, many thanks! The fix has been incorporated in Quarx' builds, from 12.09
Many users have confirmed the data connectivity bug (in CM9 and CM10) and others seems unaffected. The purpose of this thread is to try and characterize the problem, to see if there is a common setting that increases the likelihood of the data disconnects.
Please provide the following information if you are faced with data disconnects (APN info found under System Settings > More…> Mobile Networks > Access Point Names) :
Type of service provider: Normal /Virtual
Cell reception area: Good/Average/Bad
Data type problematic: 2G/3G/HSPDA/All types
Access Point Names - APN: internet/URL
Proxy: IP address/URL/blank
If you have any info to add or think there might be something else causing the problem, please say so in your post.
Hopefully we can use the gathered info to get this bug squashed
Here’s what I’ve experienced so far:
1. Having only one APN in your APN list is better, I delete unnecessary APNs.
2. Selecting only 2G or only 3G is better, I leave my phone on 3G and switch to auto when there is no 3G coverage. - Edit 08-03-2013
3. Forcing your phone to work on a specific network is better, if you have the option to roam on another network, that is.
4. Older networks seem more problematic than newer networks (just a hunch).
5. Some sim cards can be problematic, I recently bought a new sim card and it improved my connectivity 10 fold, but I still have the odd disconnect if I disobey the rules above.
The dropout seems to be caused by an incorrect handover from cell tower to cell tower, or network to network, or one network type to another, so by limiting these changeovers, you limit the chance of dropouts. My connectivity is pretty much “perfect” now, although it would be great to leave everything on auto without concern. If you want to do that, you could install Connection Checker, by Jeremy Chase. This app toggles Airplane mode if it detects a data disconnect. I don’t use it anymore though.
I’m on FuZZ_’s 30 June CM9+ build at the moment.
Galaxy S3 | CarbonRom | Boeffla Omni 2.2 Kernel