5,593,401 Members 36,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App to switch from HSPDA to 2g???

Tip us?

chrisokaly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default App to switch from HSPDA to 2g???

This has frustrated me to no end. Does anybody know if there is an app that will switch from HSPDA to 2g? Preferably one I can set to a schedule? The WiFi calling app is the only one that seems to do this flawlessly, however it requires a WiFi connection.

When I am at work I do not use my phone for anything except phone calls and my calendar, so I do not have any need for 4 or even 3g coverage... And my phone just drains battery trying to establish these connections.

I've tried using APNdroid but it just force closes my phone process.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm running elite sense 2.6 if that matters at all.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Mr. Corny
Old
Thanks Meter 36
+1
It would be great if there is some app to schedule 2g/3g.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

mlockman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Why not just do it manually? If not then maybe Locale? It's $10 but it may do what you are looking for.
T-Mobile MT4G Perm. Root S=Off

lilchip85
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Switchpro or extended controls has the option idk about a schedule though.
phone... Nexus one and MT4G
nexus rom.. whatever im in the mood for

williecat316
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I use a Juicedefender/tasker combo to Control the 3g. I had to ROOT and flash CM to get it do it, but its made my life easier since I never remembered to turn 3g off when I went to work.

*EDIT: though it should be noted that the AOSP Helper that Juicedefender uses to toggle 3g doesn't seem to work on Cm7.03

macmalon
Old
(Last edited by macmalon; 4th June 2012 at 06:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Hi williecat316,

I just have installed Tasker and I would like to do the same kind of combo as you did with Juice Defender and Tasker. E.g. when I unlock the phone, stay in 2g, but use Juice Defender to start 3g if I am away from any known wifi spot AND if I launch lets say the browser or any connected app. Could you give more details about the way you configured Tasker on your phone?

Thanks

P.S. the 3G/2g swithing through Juice Defender works perfectly on my phone (via AOSP Helper of course) but I'd like to fine tune the way it switches between 2g and 3g thanks to Tasker.

spinoza23
Old
Thanks Meter 84
I have problems with 2g... All incoming calls go to voice mail....
Somebody can help me?

The Archangel
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 3759

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmalon View Post
Hi williecat316,

I just have installed Tasker and I would like to do the same kind of combo as you did with Juice Defender and Tasker. E.g. when I unlock the phone, stay in 2g, but use Juice Defender to start 3g if I am away from any known wifi spot AND if I launch lets say the browser or any connected app. Could you give more details about the way you configured Tasker on your phone?

Thanks

P.S. the 3G/2g swithing through Juice Defender works perfectly on my phone (via AOSP Helper of course) but I'd like to fine tune the way it switches between 2g and 3g thanks to Tasker.
Seriously, did you read the date on the last post.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Archangel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]