Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

App to switch from HSPDA to 2g???

OP chrisokaly

22nd May 2011, 06:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

373 posts
This has frustrated me to no end. Does anybody know if there is an app that will switch from HSPDA to 2g? Preferably one I can set to a schedule? The WiFi calling app is the only one that seems to do this flawlessly, however it requires a WiFi connection.

When I am at work I do not use my phone for anything except phone calls and my calendar, so I do not have any need for 4 or even 3g coverage... And my phone just drains battery trying to establish these connections.

I've tried using APNdroid but it just force closes my phone process.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm running elite sense 2.6 if that matters at all.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
22nd May 2011, 06:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 36

221 posts
+1
It would be great if there is some app to schedule 2g/3g.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
22nd May 2011, 07:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
More
Why not just do it manually? If not then maybe Locale? It's $10 but it may do what you are looking for.
26th May 2011, 04:48 AM   |  #4  
Hamburg N.J.
Thanks Meter: 4

427 posts
More
Switchpro or extended controls has the option idk about a schedule though.
10th June 2011, 11:04 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
I use a Juicedefender/tasker combo to Control the 3g. I had to ROOT and flash CM to get it do it, but its made my life easier since I never remembered to turn 3g off when I went to work.

*EDIT: though it should be noted that the AOSP Helper that Juicedefender uses to toggle 3g doesn't seem to work on Cm7.03
4th June 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
Hi williecat316,

I just have installed Tasker and I would like to do the same kind of combo as you did with Juice Defender and Tasker. E.g. when I unlock the phone, stay in 2g, but use Juice Defender to start 3g if I am away from any known wifi spot AND if I launch lets say the browser or any connected app. Could you give more details about the way you configured Tasker on your phone?

Thanks

P.S. the 3G/2g swithing through Juice Defender works perfectly on my phone (via AOSP Helper of course) but I'd like to fine tune the way it switches between 2g and 3g thanks to Tasker.
Last edited by macmalon; 4th June 2012 at 07:14 PM.
13th June 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bogota D.C
Thanks Meter: 97

338 posts
More
Question
I have problems with 2g... All incoming calls go to voice mail....
Somebody can help me?
16th June 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Virginia beach
Thanks Meter: 3,762

5,853 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmalon

Hi williecat316,

I just have installed Tasker and I would like to do the same kind of combo as you did with Juice Defender and Tasker. E.g. when I unlock the phone, stay in 2g, but use Juice Defender to start 3g if I am away from any known wifi spot AND if I launch lets say the browser or any connected app. Could you give more details about the way you configured Tasker on your phone?

Thanks

P.S. the 3G/2g swithing through Juice Defender works perfectly on my phone (via AOSP Helper of course) but I'd like to fine tune the way it switches between 2g and 3g thanks to Tasker.

Seriously, did you read the date on the last post.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread