Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

STABLE Photon ROMs

Tip us?

sjamie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
No worries, I didn't want to start a thread that was redundant.

sjamie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
So far, I really like CM7 rom and the 2.3.5 Hybrid rom. Both are very stable and everything works!

Venomusdragon
Old
Thanks Meter 71
The official MIUI.us port is pretty damn near flawless as well, team moto tegra has been busting their butts to make it the rom it is today, its smooth, fast and looks great, very customizable. For those experiencing the browser fc issue on rotation I recommend using Firefox for Android, I have yet to have a fc with that browser and others recommend it as well.

Sent from my MoPho running MIUI.us official port!

Party Spock is in the house, everybody have a logical time!

mooseman089
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
So far, I really like CM7 rom and the 2.3.5 Hybrid rom. Both are very stable and everything works!
Is it possible to relock 2.3.5 hybrid to get 4g working?

sjamie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Not that I am aware of.

sjamie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomusdragon View Post
The official MIUI.us port is pretty damn near flawless as well, team moto tegra has been busting their butts to make it the rom it is today, its smooth, fast and looks great, very customizable. For those experiencing the browser fc issue on rotation I recommend using Firefox for Android, I have yet to have a fc with that browser and others recommend it as well.

Thanks. Updated OP!

kurtcocaine
Old
Thanks Meter 14
which is generally the best kernel to use with the gingerbread roms..?

Crwolv
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
To help myself and others, please respond with the names (and links) of ROMs that are stable (locked or unlocked). I'll keep an updated list in this first post.

Please state any known bugs other than 4g not working for unlocked bootloaders. The goal is to create a list of ROMs that have little to no bugs. Thanks!
  1. MOF 2.3.5.ish {locked} Leaked Update
  2. CyanogenMOD 7 for the Sunfire
  3. 2.3.5 Hybrid (Stock/CM7), Multilingual, Deblur (Bugs: Motorola and US Celular specific texts are not translated, some icons in CM7 apps do not fit, sms delivery reports not working)
  4. Android Open Kang Project {AOKP} (Bugs: BT doesn't disconnect and resets the phone when toggled, notifications sound weird, no 720p playback, auto brightness does not work consistently, problems with some browsers)
  5. Official MIUI.us
  6. Joker's Skinny ROMs
Needs updated ALMOST ALL roms on Jokersax.com have few minor problems if you use the right CWM(romracers or jokersax). awesome roms and MoPho rox
Detroit country charity artist,android lover,
Im an All around noobness fighter learning and spreading the help wherever I can cuz we all need help sometimes,really loathe mean attitudes or when someone is picked on or bullied .if u need just ASK cuz i only wanna help i ask for no thanx clicks or donations!even my songs are Open Source

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crwolv View Post
Needs updated ALMOST ALL roms on Jokersax.com have few minor problems if you use the right CWM(romracers or jokersax). awesome roms and MoPho rox
it's missing a couple
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

Crwolv
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomusdragon View Post

Too funny i told th3bill about firefox . lol well don't update it.updated it today and it just hangs. jeez firefox!!
Detroit country charity artist,android lover,
Im an All around noobness fighter learning and spreading the help wherever I can cuz we all need help sometimes,really loathe mean attitudes or when someone is picked on or bullied .if u need just ASK cuz i only wanna help i ask for no thanx clicks or donations!even my songs are Open Source

The Following User Says Thank You to Crwolv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]