[q] i think i bricked my droid incredible
So here's the deal. I tried to unroot my phone back to stock, following instructions from the youtube video
How to Un-Root the HTC Droid Incredible by droseum20
I managed to find the files elsewhere, since megaupload is down.
Went through the steps, and in the end, once i tried to turn my phone on, it vibrated once and stayed on the black screen.
I tried to turn the phone back on/go to hboot screen, with the power button + VOL Down button, but nothing. (still black screen)
So I would like to try this method, since the screen is black and I can't see anything:
Download: liveimage.htc.com/OTA_Bravo_F...crut4wrv30.zip and rename it to update.zip then follow instructions given by teppic74
Originally Posted by teppic74
(Remember to remove PB99IMG.zip from your GoldCard before copying update.zip)
1. Make sure the update.zip (NOT update.zip.zip!) file is on your goldcard and correctly named.
2. Take the battery out first to ensure the phone is powered off. Then hold vol down and press the power button, and hold vol down for about 5 seconds. That will get you into the bootloader even though you can't see it.
3. Press vol down once. This will select recovery.
4. Press the power button once. This will start the recovery. The phone will vibrate briefly.
5. Wait 20 seconds or so. Then press vol up and the power button and wait a few seconds. You'll now be in system recovery.
6. Press vol down once to select 'apply sdcard:update.zip'.
7. Press the power button once to start the recovery.
8. After a few seconds press the power button once again.
The link provided in this instructional is down and doesn't work.
There are current RUU here
But what do I do with them?
How can I basically reboot my Droid Incredible blindly?