HTC One X's part of touch screen not working at all

Search This thread

golu12

Jan 2, 2011
New Delhi
I brought my HOX about a month ago, no issues at all after updating to 1.28, no built issues zero software issues, it was perfect.
But today morning i installed a game and tried to touch the menu bar(the vertical bar with 3 dots just above capacitive buttons) and it does not work.

Not only in the game but everywhere you try to touch that area nothing happens.
This problem is not only limited to the menu bar, but also till very slightly above it.

The 1.29.7 update for asia just came out, i thught this would fix it but it didnt.

Tried to factory reset but still doesnt works.

Is this a hardware problem? Should i take to htc?
And do you think i will get a replacement or a repair job done?

Also, i have never dropped the phone even once, it was aways in soft silicon case away from any rough use. In fact, it has hardly been used.

Thanks

stjs

Jun 2, 2011
Exchange it. I had a simular problem with mine but it was the top of the screen that stoped working. In the end I had to get a exchange.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

fiendmish

Jun 5, 2012
Defo not fixed with firmware updates as I had the same issue with my first one and had to return it for an exchange

ozkarah

Aug 11, 2007
had the same problem and gone for a replacement. I have tried many things with the guidance of HTC support center none worked.

suttosnax

Jun 15, 2010
same problem here
took it back to shop where it was purchased from, it took over 6 weeks for repair centre to return it.
just got it back today and the problems are still there
im sooo unhappy with this phone.
ive emailed HTC and waiting on a response.
i want a new one or my money back.

harmonikas996

Mar 19, 2012
Lazarevac
www.lukacvetinovic.eu
I haveproblem too.

I start phone in Safe mod and enter in HTC Function Test v3.01.01g (*#*#3424#*#* - that is code entered in dialer).

What to do?

Just see pictures and you will see problem.

When is phone on Safe mod and on charger no probs. :S

Screenshot_2012-09-09-22-09-02.jpg
Screenshot_2012-09-09-22-10-26.jpg

Thanks!

dark61

Oct 27, 2010
On phones with this problem , using the asia rom?
i have asia rom this problem on my phone but in safe mode my phone works perfectly
I think the software problem

Jammo

Dec 15, 2006
Ladriere, QC
I haveproblem too.

I start phone in Safe mod and enter in HTC Function Test v3.01.01g (*#*#3424#*#* - that is code entered in dialer).

What to do?

Just see pictures and you will see problem.

When is phone on Safe mod and on charger no probs. :S

View attachment 1314306
View attachment 1314307

Thanks!

I am expireincing the exact same problem, except the non working part of digitizer is just above the middle of the screen. Is flashing a new ROM would fix it? I think i have nothing to loose, since i cannot send my phone to AT&T because i bought it used on ebay and i live in Canada. I guess it could be 50% chances ROM issue, my old Sensation was having a speaker issue, witch was playing very weak, i sent it to HTC and they flashed a new ROM, it got is spaeker fixed.

Aug 18, 2012
I too had this problem although it was intermittent. Sent my HOX to be repaired on Thursday, waiting to hear back.

Did changing the ROM do any good? I have the exact problem on my HTC, bought through craiglist, and am now in India so the warranty won't work. Is there anything I can do to correct it short of replacing the whole LCD?

Your help will be much appreciated. :)

ChaseRxx

Jan 21, 2012
São Paulo
OMG unlucky....

My second HOX with this problem....

Touch was unresponsive middle part

Reflash, Flash, Stock, Custom none fixes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have same problem with international hox

i took screen apart and conected at&t motherboard to it and it worked with no problem.

cleaned conectors put all together same problem.

questions

1. it is not digitizer problem
    2. connector problem
    3. motherboard problem
    Mine just started doing this also!
    just clean the connector .. and dont use flip cover .i cleaned mine 4 months back and its working till now .. no problem ..if you dont have warrenty ..he he