Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 45,664 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HARDWARE FAULT] WiFi antenna fault. HTC One X [22.04.2013]

Tip us?

wph
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by HertogJanNL View Post
Contacted HTC and HTC Netherlands through Twitter.

My tweets:

Their reply:

Guess we will see! I encourage everyone to spam them through customer support, facebook and twitter!

HT23 here by the way... Problems started after about 3-4 weeks of use. I'm hesitating to open up the device, soldering is not one of my strong suits. But sending it back for repair doesn't guarantee results either, as wph showed

But my Bluetooth and Wifi are pretty much useless atm, and I have a great Sony MW600 headset I use a lot...
Today I sent my phone away for the second time. The first time I didn't exactly know what was causing the problem, but now we do. I contacted HTC on Twitter and they did respond, but only generic responses, which was expected because admitting such a problem will lead to bad publicity and more returns.

So for now I can only hope the fix it or exchange it for a new phone that is working properly. I wrote the link to this topic on the repair form, so hopefully they visit this thread and watch the movies. But I'm not sure about that, because the first time, I attached a letter explaining the problem and photo's of my HTC Desire next to my One X with WiFi Analyzer open, where the difference in signal strength was very significant. But they sent it back unrepaired anyway. For now I can only wait and I will keep you informed about the results.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

estanenmi
Old
(Last edited by estanenmi; 5th June 2012 at 03:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
I opened my htc one x using an automobile spark plugs gauge sheet using the .009mm was very easy with this tool, I put a tack weld all the golden plates to improve contact as shown in the photos ....

the only problem is the buttons on the bottom have to be very careful ... and finally taping the power and volume buttons to open and close more easily ....

as I broke the contact wires i solder a small wire for better wifi and it was the solution to the problem ... one x is now perfect (perfect bluetooth, wifi, gps) .... but I think this is the best solution soldered small wires... (i take for an old nintendo ds)

be careful whit the contacts in the side of screen is very easy to broke if you fold more than necessary

sorry for bad quality pictures is very dificult take and work in the phone...

i use soldering iron to buy on a trip to usa brand weller and use batteries 10usd in a store that does not remember his name but sells many tools

sorry for bad english i spoke spanish...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to estanenmi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigoliver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoliver View Post
I have sent HTC an email, tweet, and left a message on there facebook page...

My message...
"@htc Please let me know if you are aware of the loose wifi issue discussed at http://tinyurl.com/7jxvxky & how we should resolve it. Cheers"

Please can we all contact them and link back to this thread. Make ourselves heard!

HTC's website CLICK-HERE

HTC's twitter page CLICK-HERE

HTC's facebook page CLICK-HERE

Let us know what replies you get.

Cheers,

Oliver
I have received what looks like a genetic response to my email. I will not bore you with the full email (Plus HTC say it's confidential), but, I did asked them what their customers should do if they experience this fault and it is only fair that I share this information with you all.
I quote Jonathon from HTC here "If you are experiencing a hardware fault with your device I would recommend that you send the device for repair, or if within the exchange period return the device to the retailer." So there you go, exchange it or send it for repair is the advice from HTC.

salman saso
Old
Thanks Meter 24
today I open the phone finally
And I solder the all connection I know I was
Crazy
At the end I succeed fix my wifi
Also the 3g signal and Bluetooth

I will post some picture later today.

Any one who is willing to open just be careful
At the button no one mention that
There is a cable connection I was about to cut them while opening
Just don't push the material that you are opening with inside the phone

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

[QUOTE=estanenmi;27011943]
Quote:
Originally Posted by estanenmi View Post
I opened my htc one x using an automobile spark plugs gauge sheet using the 9mm was very easy with this tool, I put a tack weld all the golden plates to improve contact as shown in the photos ....

the only problem is the buttons on the bottom have to be very careful ... and finally taping the power and volume buttons to open and close more easily ....

as I broke the contact wires to solder better wifi antenna and it was the solution to the problem ... x is now my perfect one .... but I think this is the best solution soldered to small wires... the take of an old nintendo ds damage my brother

Thank you for feedback can you tell me
Which connection for gps because I think that
I loose the signal after doing this

bigoliver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
[QUOTE=salman saso;27012267]today I open the phone finally
Crazy

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by estanenmi View Post

Thank you for feedback can you tell me
Which connection for gps because I think that
I loose the signal after doing this
I am really pleased you fixed your wifi/3g and bluetooth doing this. This issue is probably what is wrong with my 3g connection then.

I hope you get your GPS fixed/working properly and Im sure we are all looking forward to seeing the pictures

bigoliver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
Default Stand together

Quote:
Originally Posted by wph View Post
I sent my phone in for repair last week. Didn't know what exactly caused the problem then, but I send a letter with an explanation what was wrong and photo's comparing the WiFi signal reception on the One X vs. my old HTC Desire with it. Got it back yesterday. Unrepaired, they couldn't find any symptoms they said.
Wph, you and your story of woe was a major inspiration for me to start this thread. I would be fuming if what happened to you happens to me and as I have sent mine away for repair I was expecting to be disappointed like you. Now this thread is recieving so many hits and we are all messaging HTC I hope they will be aware of the problem now and actually fix it, we have even showed them in this thread, how to fix it

I understand you have sent you phone away again and linked to this thread. If they do not fix the issue this time post back on here and we will all complain to HTC on your behalf and I will contact the media and will make sure we are heard.

The same goes for anyone else who doesn't get a satisfactory result from HTC regarding this issue.

Personally, I want HTC to make sure new batches are released fault free and to replace all the affected devices with a new device from the new batch. That would really show that HTC cares about there customers and are committed to putting their mistakes right. We shall see

estanenmi
Old
(Last edited by estanenmi; 5th June 2012 at 04:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=bigoliver;27012703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by salman saso View Post
today I open the phone finally
Crazy

I am really pleased you fixed your wifi/3g and bluetooth doing this. This issue is probably what is wrong with my 3g connection then.

I hope you get your GPS fixed/working properly and Im sure we are all looking forward to seeing the pictures
when open i haven't issues in gps my cellphone catch 16 sat very fast im only put iron in all conections too improve conections only put wires in wifi antena here show in red in the photo...

in color blue i think is antena gps and cellular but i can'tell what is what...

in white is speaker... i put a point of iron in all...

in yellow be very careful when open sticks to the back and if you break it you pull hard i use the same sheet of .009 mm to loosen

i use this tool for this work is very very easy and secure use...

http://www.amazon.com/Weller-BP645MP.../dp/B000EM98KW

stout0_0
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I am wondering if it is possible to have this fault but with good WiFi and a completely lost mobile signal?...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA

estanenmi
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stout0_0 View Post
I am wondering if it is possible to have this fault but with good WiFi and a completely lost mobile signal?...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA
i think so... all antenas are in the cover and htc no use wires only small contacts maybe some in the time lose conection

Urban Strata
Old
Official HTC Rep
Thanks Meter 134
Hi guys,

I work for HTC (see my profile). If you're experiencing this, kindly please PM me so we can analyze it. Our engineering teams in Taiwan have looked into it and have been unable to replicate it or determine a root cause, so your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Urban Strata For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
hardware, htc, one x, problem, wifi