Originally Posted by mar11974
This is what I did:
1. OPEN RUU_Excalibur.exe with an archiver and extract files to temporary directory (the file we want is the EXCAIMG*.nbh)
2. Format SD card using FAT32
3. Insert SD card into phone
4. Connect using ActiveSync
5. Rename nbh file to "EXCAIMG.nbh"
6. Copy EXCAIMG.nbh to SD card
7. Disconnect phone
8. Start Manual Bootloader (hold camera key for three seconds and press power button)
9. After quick messages (checking sd card, etc.) you should get "Update SD image? Press power button to download" screen with countdown in bottom corner
10. After timeout you will go to color bars UI
Exit bootloader: hold camera key, wait three seconds and hold down power key also until phone turns off
My phone is not unlocked, so I didn't test with other roms.
Thanks mate, your info above saved my unlocked athena (X7500) on which I had flashed a wm6.5 ROM which was faulty, and had completely taken over my athena, and refused to flash any other roms.
I have now reflashed with original rom before I try to flash other roms again.
Thanks once again.
PS. The last step does not work with Athena, what works is to simply do a soft reset by inserting the stylus into the reset hole.
"BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU [YOU] SHALT [SHALL] BE SAVED..." (Acts 16.31)
SAMSUNG DEVICES OWNED:
GALAXY S4 = Current
GALAXY NOTE 2 = Current
GALAXY NOTE 10.1 = Current
CH@T222 = Current
GALAXY S III = Donated 2013; GALAXY SII = Donated 2013; GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 = Donated 2012
HTC DEVICES Donated/Sold:
FLYER = 2012; DESIRE Z = 2012; RHODIUM TP2 = 2011; ADVANTAGE X7500 = 2010; S710 = 2009; S620 = 2009; Alpine:- SPV M1500 = 2006; Qtek 2020i = 2007