5,597,084 Members 45,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash ROM From SD Card?

Tip us?

gixxum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can i ask why you would load the rom from an SD card when you state "connect to active sync"? if you have a computer there, that the phone is connected to, why not just use it to flash the rom?

fuLLah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxum View Post
can i ask why you would load the rom from an SD card when you state "connect to active sync"? if you have a computer there, that the phone is connected to, why not just use it to flash the rom?
Because my power button is broken and I can barely get the phone into bootloader. While in bootloader, active sync will not connect to the phone so I can flash it via my computer. Thats why I was wondering if I coud flash thru the SD card.

YOSEFE
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar11974 View Post
This is what I did:

1. OPEN RUU_Excalibur.exe with an archiver and extract files to temporary directory (the file we want is the EXCAIMG*.nbh)
2. Format SD card using FAT32
3. Insert SD card into phone
4. Connect using ActiveSync
5. Rename nbh file to "EXCAIMG.nbh"
6. Copy EXCAIMG.nbh to SD card
7. Disconnect phone
8. Start Manual Bootloader (hold camera key for three seconds and press power button)
9. After quick messages (checking sd card, etc.) you should get "Update SD image? Press power button to download" screen with countdown in bottom corner
10. After timeout you will go to color bars UI

Exit bootloader: hold camera key, wait three seconds and hold down power key also until phone turns off

My phone is not unlocked, so I didn't test with other roms.
Thanks mate, your info above saved my unlocked athena (X7500) on which I had flashed a wm6.5 ROM which was faulty, and had completely taken over my athena, and refused to flash any other roms.

I have now reflashed with original rom before I try to flash other roms again.

Thanks once again.

PS. The last step does not work with Athena, what works is to simply do a soft reset by inserting the stylus into the reset hole.
"BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU [YOU] SHALT [SHALL] BE SAVED..." (Acts 16.31)
SAMSUNG DEVICES OWNED:
GALAXY S4 = Current
GALAXY NOTE 2 = Current
GALAXY NOTE 10.1 = Current
CH@T222 = Current
GALAXY S III = Donated 2013; GALAXY SII = Donated 2013; GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 = Donated 2012

HTC DEVICES Donated/Sold:
FLYER = 2012; DESIRE Z = 2012; RHODIUM TP2 = 2011; ADVANTAGE X7500 = 2010; S710 = 2009; S620 = 2009; Alpine:- SPV M1500 = 2006; Qtek 2020i = 2007

kash2k7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default helpp

does this only work with the original rom becasue i tries and it said invailid cerfiticate

GrayTea
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've done all the steps,but I still can't enter bootloader.I'm holding camera key for 3s,and then I press the POWER buttons while still holding camera key,but the phone start normally.Could anyone show me how to enter bootloader ? More clearly

Mr. Clown
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Fear the Clown
Thanks Meter 2227

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTea View Post
I've done all the steps,but I still can't enter bootloader.I'm holding camera key for 3s,and then I press the POWER buttons while still holding camera key,but the phone start normally.Could anyone show me how to enter bootloader ? More clearly
Keep trying, you are probably holding too much time the power button.

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 - Stock Rom 4.2.2 (Stolen)
T-Mobile SGH-T999 - Stock Rom 4.3
HTC HD2 : Nexus HD2 JB 4.1.2 (RIP)

GrayTea
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaniac2008 View Post
Keep trying, you are probably holding too much time the power button.
Thanks but I still can't do it Do I need to release cam key when I press Power ?? or holding it ? Same question for Power button ? I'd know the timer is very important..
Funny,I've sitting in front of my clock,count 3,and do it ~ 1k time,mine buttons are nearly broken

REDKOF
Old
(Last edited by REDKOF; 22nd July 2011 at 05:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
To enter bootloader

Remove the batery
Put batery :P
Press & holding camera buttom
Connect Cable USB PC to Phone...