Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anker 1600mAh in UK

Tip us?

Guru Zeb
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem23 View Post
This is the one I bought yesterday:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220928813853

The seller gets good feedback from this and other forums and I'm pretty sure the batteries are genuine Anker. I believe it's the same seller as MaxWiz used as they were selling the same battery for 7.39 in February.

Can anyone please tell me how to get the best from a new battery? I hear different opinions on 'conditioning' batteries and do's and don'ts of charging/discharging.
Hi folks
Soz for delays but just thought I'd update on my new battery.

1st delivery was very quick 2 days i think.
2nd the price has been dropped to 4.95 inc postage !!!!
So there is no reason to not get this battery.

Battery life with this battery is just short of amazing after using stock and other OEM batteries. I spent most of the entire day wifi-ing the other day must have been 7 hours straight ....... still had 20% battery left at end of day.

This must be easily the best bang for buck on standard door G2 batteries .... GET ONE !!!!!!!!!
QWERTY for life MOFO's !!!!!!!!!!
-----------------------
Kit:
HTC Desire Z, Rooted, ROM=Miui (PS3 sixaxised, loaded with every emulator in known space)

2x PALM Treo 650, Unbranded, 4gb SD hack (backups, backups)

PDA
PALM T3 Unbranded, battery moded (What else am i gonna run Bhajis Loops & Microbe on)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guru Zeb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OzmaFIN
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the link and all the info. Prob getting one for myself too

smaisonville
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I have been using Anker battery for several months. Lasts longer than stock and cheaper too! I am happy with the purchase. I also got the wall charger too, it's convenient and will charge stock battery.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

spooke
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Just got my battery, on my third full charge - I have an issue though as the battery sits at 100% for a hour or two then drops to around 85% instantly. I also can't see the batteries temperature, it just sits at 25 degrees..

Anyone else have this issue? I have wiped the battery stats in recovery.
OnePlus One 64GB Sandstrone Black | LG G Watch | Nvidia Tegra Note 7 | Nvidia Shield | Nexus 4 16GB(Retired) |

arsonist63086
Old
(Last edited by arsonist63086; 2nd August 2012 at 05:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooke View Post
Just got my battery, on my third full charge - I have an issue though as the battery sits at 100% for a hour or two then drops to around 85% instantly. I also can't see the batteries temperature, it just sits at 25 degrees..

Anyone else have this issue? I have wiped the battery stats in recovery.
I just got my battery (1600 anker) since the phone accidentally over charged the original htc battery and caused it to swell and make the phone cut of randomly or when a slight CPU load will occur.
I have the same issue with the battery temperature also the battery monitor is reading the battery as 1300 instead of the 1600. I'm still cycling it to calibrate the meter . All I need is for this battery to perform as well or better then the stock one and if it does I can live with the no temp or proper mAh.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda app-developers app
phone: T-mo G2
recovery : 4ext v2.2.7 rc5
HBoot:
radio: 26.13.04.19
ROM: Virtuous G-Lite v2.0.1
SD card: 2g

spooke
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonist63086 View Post
I just got my battery (1600 anker) since the phone accidentally over charged the battery and caused it to swell and make the phone cut of randomly or when a slight CPU load will occur.
I have the same issue with the battery temperature also the battery monitor is reading the battery as 1300 instead of the 1600. I'm still cycling it to calibrate the meter . All I need is for this battery to perform as well or better then the stock one and if it does I can live with the no temp or proper mAh.

Did you purchase it from the same guy as me??

Are you sure yours is a genuine battery? I charge mine over night and I have had no issues with the battery swelling or overheating. It just can't tell me the temperature - which isn't really a problem.
OnePlus One 64GB Sandstrone Black | LG G Watch | Nvidia Tegra Note 7 | Nvidia Shield | Nexus 4 16GB(Retired) |

arsonist63086
Old
(Last edited by arsonist63086; 2nd August 2012 at 05:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Did you purchase it from the same guy as me??

Are you sure yours is a genuine battery? I charge mine over night and I have had no issues with the battery swelling or overheating. It just can't tell me the temperature - which isn't really a problem.
My bad it was the original HTC battery that got over charger that's why I bought the anker 1600 since I saw this thread and the price was good. As for the anker being a real anker, the packaging looked very ladgit to me even took pix of it and no I didn't get it from that Guy I got it of someone else on eBay last week.

HBoot:

spooke
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonist63086 View Post
My bad it was the original HTC battery that got over charger that's why I bought the anker 1600 since I saw this thread and the price was good. As for the anker being a real anker, the packaging looked very ladgit to me even took pix of it and no I didn't get it from that Guy I got it of someone else on eBay last week.

Ahh I see, yeah that looks exactly like mine, I just compared the packaging too. So I guess we both have legit batteries

Mine seems good so far, seems to last quite a bit longer than the original.

arsonist63086
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Ahh I see, yeah that looks exactly like mine, I just compared the packaging too. So I guess we both have legit batteries

Mine seems good so far, seems to last quite a bit longer than the original.
Oh ok that's good then. Ill be happy with the battery performing as good or better then the stock HTC battery for the price it was. If it out performs the stock one ima be a happy camper and recommend anker batteries to people ... ill post up my results when I I have a steady read on the battery

HBoot:

arsonist63086
Old
(Last edited by arsonist63086; 5th August 2012 at 04:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Ok this battery is bad ass I got about 1.5days of use out of the phone know. I did a full charge when I 1st got it drained it charged it while off till green the drained to about 60% and charged again then drained to 35% then charged it while the phone was on (think thats wat you guys call a trickle charge). After that the normal use and drain test began and my results are
(Took the screen shots once the 15% warning popped up)

If I do say so myself that's damn good for a 10$(u.s.) battery

HBoot: