Newbie in Dream ! Need DangerSPL

OP gredius92

8th May 2012, 01:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hi Guys! i have this HTC Dream And i Want to Install on it the DangerSPL for Flash Cyanogenmod ROM ... i searched for my type of radio the istruction for install it and i can't find it.. My HTC is a Roger HTC Branded TIM and here is the Fastboot Report:

DREAM PVT 32B SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.33.0013d (DREA20000)
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.28.25
Oct 21 2009,22:33:27

Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance!
8th May 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #2  
you have the most upgraded radio/spl that there is for the g1 (14mb ram hack) danger spl would be a step back. just flash rom of choice via recovery for fastboot flash will not work with your hboot
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

94 posts
More
Yeah, Cyanogen is fully packed with stuff you don't need so I prefer FroyoByLazslo with a ICS taste. Really, it makes your phone look like a brand new phone. AND it is very fast. Dload it and you are done!
1st June 2012, 05:56 AM   |  #4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,000

1,823 posts
Donate to Me
More
As is mentioned you do not need danger spl for cm

Actually I have a patched version (old now) of both cm5 and cm6 to use the newer radio/spl you have now and let you benefit from the extra ram they provide:

Cm6 stable:
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...ew%20radio+spl)

Cm6 rc1:
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/9...r-new-radiospl

Cm 5: (with post release stabilization patches)
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...508-2708-port/

The cm6 kernels are a bit unstable (biggest fault is the battery drain after USB is disconnected). If you find problems update to another kernel, in its time the biff testing 20110222 kernel was popular:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=670
(The 2708+ port is for your radio)

More resent is the froyo version of the ezgb kernel:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2427
(For cm6 use the versions ending in 'f')

The reason cm officially isn't supporting the new radio is this was all released as cm6 went live. Thus to help people move to the new spl (well now not so new) I did try to make it an easy task to get the roms most were using thus have ports of various roms of the time.

Newer roms of course support the new SPL by default.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
4th June 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #5  

10 posts
Hey team,

Please excuse any forum violations in this post.

Sorry to jack this thread, but I'm new and can't do much without posting 10 useful threads. Unfortunately, I have nothing useful to add.

I just bought a tmobile G1 on Ebay . I wan't to use it on my AT&T account ($10 plan) and I want to upgrade the ROM. I've searched and read and searched and read for 3 weeks. The more I read the more confused I get.

At this point, I would think the whole root and flash tech would be quite simple. The FAQs are from 2009-10 surely you've evovled since then. However, I find it all a confused mess. Please don't be insulted by this comment. I love what you guys/gals are doing.

I hate post and ask for help. Really I do. I'm actually willing to pay $25 via paypal for your time. It can't be more than 1/2 hours work. If you're interested please respond herein. My PMs don't work.

If this post violates any rules or you find it offensive, please excuse me that is not my intent.

Thank you.
Charlie (old geezer who want's a cool kids phone)
Please help me dump the SGH-A657 and rock a G1
Last edited by cgherrington3; 4th June 2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: grammmar
4th June 2012, 01:52 PM   |  #6  
help here is free no worries
you have a used g1 and you want to root it and use an att sim, easy to do and im glad you have searched the threads before you asked for help. if you have access to a tmobile sim with data it may be easier but you can do it without. or if your phone is firmware 1.6 you can simply use the androot.apk and skip a few steps.
for starters what is your firmware?
next write down everything on your hboot screen (power on holding camera)

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
4th June 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #7  

10 posts
Ok, here we go. Phone shipped today so it'll should be here Thursday.

Seller was nice enough to provide this info before boxing.

Android 1.5

DREA*** PVT 32B
HBOOT -0.95.0000
CPLD-4
RADIO-2.22.23.02

Sep 2 2008

Serial0
7th June 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #8  

10 posts
Woohooo.... postman just delivered the phone. Looks good factory refurb unit. It's on the charger now.

What's next?
7th June 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #9  
best thing is to get a full charge first, you will be changing the radio and hboot a few times and if you loose power or take out the battery you will have bricked your new phone, you said att right? is the phone sim unlocked? you may want to do this first if it isnt

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
7th June 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #10  

10 posts
seller says it's unlocked

I have ATT sim and Samsung 16gb SD card

charger, USB cable

let it charge and we can crack it tonight

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread