No registration required

Best Case Out There

OP acmys

1st June 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #91  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
More
I have the $8 black fishbone case off eBay. Came with a nice screen protector... I just don't feel like spending 50 bucks on a name brand. I like the way it looks a feels too.
8th June 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #92  
Flag C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
Thanks Meter: 318

902 posts
More
SPECK offers some good cases for good protection, give em a shot.
http://alturl.com/iytee
9th June 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
I bought the casemate (cm) one from AT&T when I picked up the phone, at the time it was the only one out so far. I've been really happy with it.

It's a two-part case (soft silicone, hard plastic) that's tightly fitting and unobtrusive. I actually just chipped it this week finally, one corner of the hard case is missing but it doesn't really effect it. I'm actually not sure how it happened, lol, I've dropped this things at least ten times from height in the past year and a half and it never broke. Importantly, the inner rubber lining comes out on top, kinda embedding the screen a bit so if it drops on its face the screen doesn't touch asphault/whatever (also helps you get a grip).

Anyway, they're $25 from casemate, I'm sure you could pick one up cheaper somewhere. Well worth the money.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Amazon has them for $8.01. Deal!
14th June 2012, 08:58 AM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 5

57 posts
I've never used an otterbox, but I love my Trident case.
15th June 2012, 02:04 AM   |  #95  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 114

713 posts
More
Ottorbox hands down. You can throw against a wall and not hurt the phone in the least bit. To top it all you can do it more than once.
16th June 2012, 10:59 AM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 24

149 posts
My used Inspire came with a Case-Mate Barely There, which could reasonably be called the Better Than Nothing. There is no front-protecting lip on this case and the front corners/edges of the phone were dinged up where the case left them exposed. It will prevent the phone from getting side/back scuffs but that's all I'd count on.

I bought a Case-Mate Tough which really suits my needs. Form-fitting, dual density (like my motorcycle armor), and very clean/plain, no needless bulk. Cased phone still fits easily in shirt pockets. Not as "g-shock" as the Otterbox, but it also lacks the bulk and $$$ of the 'box. This one was under $8 (shipped) off Amazon, still came with the $34.99 ATT sticker on the box. That's how they get ya.

Tested GPS reception using GPS status; no difference noted with either case compared to naked phone.
3rd July 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #97  
Flag Dallas, TX

5 posts
More
I bought a case from Fry's that was pretty sturdy and had a nice grip to it. I forget the brand. It lasted me about 10 months... until my dog decided to gnaw it off of my phone and chew it. Looking for a new case now, I shall lurk through this thread.
4th July 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #98  

6 posts
More
I bought the otterbox shortly after I got my baby home... Yes it does add bulk but I kid u not... One day I dropped my phone while getting in to the car and didn't realize it till like 20 min later we had to drive back to find it and when we did it had tire tracks across the back... My heart sunk somebody (probably us) drove over my phone as it sat alone on the side of the road... I gathered myself enough courage to pick up what I thought for sure would be a completely shattered phone... My phone was and still is 100% unharmed!!! Otterbox saved my phones life!!!

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app
16th July 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #99  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 9

60 posts
More
I use the Fishbone cases you can buy off eBay. They are like 4 or 5 dollars and they work very well. They don't add a lot of bulk to the phone like the Otterboxes do.
17th July 2012, 01:11 AM   |  #100  
Thanks Meter: 22

101 posts
More
Otter box commuter its not too bulky like the defender

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread