Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Mac Sync

Tip us?

boogiecornejo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default HTC Mac Sync

can some kind soul up the HTC sync that comes with the sensation xl? i wanna see if it will work with other htc phones... thanks!

west2cool
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Here is it below

http://db.tt/nCOJ0ayz

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
Previous Device: HTC HD2
Previous Device: HTC Desire HD
Previous Device: HTC Sensation XL
Previous Device: HTC Sensation XE
Current Device: HTC One X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to west2cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boogiecornejo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thanks so much west2cool!!!

boogiecornejo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
it works!!! i use an htc sensation xe... will try with my desire z...

BigladUK
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiecornejo View Post
thanks so much west2cool!!!
I assume you never checked your PM's from a few days ago when I sent you a link to this when you requested it ?

SyncMate
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You can also take a look at SyncMate for HTC - syncs Android HTC as well as Windows Mobile HTC with Mac. Free version available

sindbad.tsf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by west2cool View Post
Here is it below

unavailable link here
would have been nice, but error 404 alert !
would anybody reup, plz. ?

jumal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fresh new link to MAC version

Hello, as previous link has expired, I've put on Dropbox the file again but I'm unable to post the link here as I don't have 10 posts on XDA forums. If interested, send me a PM.

For me (under OSX Leopard 10.5.8), synchronization worked two times, but since I've upgraded my Sensation to ICS, sync does not work anymore. Device not detected by HTC Sync... No answer at that time !

If HTC do not decide to develop a real functional soft for OSX, I'm afraid I'll have to change for an iPhone...
HTC Kaiser P4550 SFR v1615 WM6
ROM 1.56.163.8 (native) / Radio 1.27.12.11 / Protocole 22.45.88.07H
MicroSDHC 6 Go Sandisk
GPS TOMTOM 6.030(8320) + FRE map
PC & MAC user

mkstevo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumal View Post

For me (under OSX Leopard 10.5.8), synchronization worked two times, but since I've upgraded my Sensation to ICS, sync does not work anymore. Device not detected by HTC Sync... No answer at that time !

If HTC do not decide to develop a real functional soft for OSX, I'm afraid I'll have to change for an iPhone...
I can't get HTC Sync to work since upgrading to ICS either.

I tried SyncMate, but that managed to wipe my entire contacts list and calendar (which I had asked it to do to prevent duplicates) but failed to leave me with a single entry in either on my 'phone. When I tried to sync again, it then tried to re-write and duplicate every entry on the iMac in both Address Book and Calendar.

Aaargghh!

I had backed up my address book before I started, so I restored it then synced it with GMail, exported my iMac Calendars to GCal and synced them back to the HTC. Phew!

For copying music and pictures, I've had to go back to doing it manually with Airdroid.

It is a real pity that HTC Sync has stopped working as I found it very good once set up. The iTunes integration worked very well and I used this regularly to update my playlist. If HTC Sync isn't fixed, I too may find myself looking to another device.

mkstevo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I [may] have come up with an answer to this:

I have on my iMac a copy of VirtualBox which allows me to run Windows (tm) in a virtual environment on the iMac. I use this as a final resort for those things that I can't do, and can't replicate in the Mac OS, such as the speed camera locator update software which is Windows only.

I decided to try the PC version of HTC Sync and see if it worked. I copied the software from the internal drive of the HTC Sensation into the 'PC' and installed it. After the numerous required reboots I tried to sync the HTC with the PC version of Sync. This failed, but I was notified that an update was available for the PC Sync. I downloaded and installed this. After another reboot, I tried again. This time the HTC Sensation was recognised and tried to sync. As I don't have iTunes, Outlook or any of the required programs on the 'PC' I couldn't sync anything, but it proved that the 'phone side of things was working.

I then went back to the iMac and reinstalled the HTC Sync (Mac) software. This then located the 'phone immediately and once I set it up as before, I was able to sync almost everything that I had done prior to the ICS upgrade. For some reason, it is refusing to work with the Calendar and stops if this is selected, but everything else seems to be working as before.

Here's hoping it continues to do so...

It may be that the PC version re-wrote some corrupt settings that the Mac version couldn't, or perhaps the PC version replaced a driver App on the 'phone, either way, it seems to have fixed it. If you have a friend that has a PC, it may be worth a try?