Stock search. Love using it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Device: LG G2 - Sprint (LS-980)
Roms of choice: Mahdi, Slim, Nameless

sirlinux03
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I hope this guide help more than one.
This is what I've been doing since the first ROM I flashed. I've never had any problem or any bug other than the “Not Working” in the OP of all ROMs and I've tried a lot or ROMs
Evo4g Hdw0003
AmonRA v2.3
16g partitioned SD (2g ext4)

1-Download the ROM and Kernel(if apply) to my computer
2-move the ROM and the kernel to my SD root
3-Back-up my apps and apps data (I use MyBackup root)
4-reboot into recovery and **WIPE cache and dalvik-cache**
5-backup my current ROM
6-**WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** and **WIPE all userdata/factory reset**
7-**WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** again??.. YES
8-flash the ROM
9-**WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** again??.. YES
10-flash the kernel (if apply)
11-**WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** again??.. YES
12-reboot your new ROM
-Once u get into your home screen and set up your google account, restore your apps and apps data (if any problem with any app just clear the data)
-Make any change on the settings if you want to change anything. (including min, max and governor)
-Let it sit for a while, (I always do 1 hr at least)
-Reboot into recovery and guess what???? **WIPE cache and dalvik-cache** again??.. YES
-Reboot and enjoy

I don't thing I have a super evo or an alien evo. I do this with any ROM and I do the same with my wife one and NEVER had any problem with anything. I'm not a developer or a genius or anything like that. I just read, follow the instructions and thats it.
Don't forget to WIPE, just saying!!

btw; stock search
The Following User Says Thank You to sirlinux03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sy224048
Old
(Last edited by sy224048; 8th June 2012 at 10:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpout View Post
Why don't you do that since you wanted search2apps in the first place.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
Because I wanted ics recent apps, not GB recent apps, and to do ICS recent apps I would need to know how to dev, which I don't. And I'd rather have search than GB recent apps.

Either way, screw them both, sense 4 recent apps is the way to go!

systemshock869
Old
Thanks Meter 101
The search key can be mapped through system settings (for sure on cm7, not sure about cm9), can you not set it to pull up recent apps? At least with rom toolbox lite installed there is an option to map it to a more technical command. I like installing the tinyurl app and using long-press search to bring it up.. very handy!
Just my .02

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Chirpout
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy224048 View Post
Because I wanted ics recent apps, not GB recent apps, and to do ICS recent apps I would need to know how to dev, which I don't. And I'd rather have search than GB recent apps.

Either way, screw them both, sense 4 recent apps is the way to go!
Ha! Here you go again!

The Following User Says Thank You to Chirpout For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thunda_chunky
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Stick to the stock Search function. Personally, I use it more than I can count. And if someone really wants it, seems like sy224048 has a good handle on how to make it happen. If it could be turned into a flashable zip, that's great. Otherwise, it just seems frivolous to have both Home long press and Search do the same thing. Just my two cents.

sy224048
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunda_chunky View Post
Stick to the stock Search function. Personally, I use it more than I can count. And if someone really wants it, seems like sy224048 has a good handle on how to make it happen. If it could be turned into a flashable zip, that's great. Otherwise, it just seems frivolous to have both Home long press and Search do the same thing. Just my two cents.
Actually I don't have a complete handle, Mazda made a modification to the Android. Policy. Jar that makes it possible. But yeah I can do half of it lol.

Devices:
LG Nexus 4 16gb black
HTC Sensation 4g
LG Optimus V
Apple iPad 4
Lenovo Thinkpad Twist(i5 3317u/4gb Ram)
The Following User Says Thank You to sy224048 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wojosama
Old
(Last edited by wojosama; 8th June 2012 at 11:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Wait, we have a search button?

On a serious note, for the few people with the wifi/bluetooth/airplane mode not responding, it is definitely because of an app that was installed. I think it was ReppinTheSouth that said juicedefender did it to him, and i can add go power master to that as well. So it would seem that apps that try to control the radios automatically are what cause it. At least that's my best hypothesis.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that simply unistalling the offending app does not fix it.
EDIT2: Also, I don't mean to imply that said apps are broken in any way, just that if you are having this problem then it's likely a result of using them.
Phone: HTC Evo 4G
HBoot: 0.79.2000 (ENG)
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
ROM: Unofficial CM9 Nightly 8/16
Kernel: Mason-I 0.1.5 RC5 SBC

OneDeep
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseL View Post
Ah man, good luck. I had an issue with my USB port and they told me I had to have the phone replaced. Paid the $100 for Asurion replacement, but I ended up with an 004 HW version. Still miss my old Evo to this day.

I suggest you thoroughly test it STOCK before doing anything. Issues like phone not responding to power button, weird glitches where the phone will randomly act like you're pressing on the screen (towards the bottom, you'll know if the phone starts launching apps on the bottom drawer).

If you have any of these problems, report it to Asurion. Only thing is, they may send you an Evo3D (if they didn't already replace your Evo with one of these), many of which have the same issues.

EDIT: My 2 cents on the search button, not a big deal either way, but I really don't like search-to-recentapps. It was fine the way it was.
Went into the store told them my issues got a 'new' evo ordered, well refrub but they didn't say that! Should be here Monday and back to rooting all for FREE! I just hope the new one don't give me more headaches!
---Marvin

dgatlin
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheeejd View Post
There is an entire thread right in the section where you found this thread. It says Papa Smurf yadda yadda, I'd post a link but, you really should try a little harder on this one.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
My bad...

I did not look outside this thread...

David

Tags
cm9, team dirt, tincandroid
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe