Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just 3 left for 1.29.401.11

Tip us?

stu_tls
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I have just upgraded through 3 on Tuesday to the HOX and upon getting the phone from the store I was talking to the sales guy who owns one he mentioned that there should be an update in 10 days time! whether this is true or not is a different story!

I have had to wait a few months after others have had updates on phones in the past with 3

twe69
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I hope so, got my repaired Three branded HTC One X back and still on the same 1.28 software.....

bigbamboo5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
It really is very odd - nearly six weeks on and the Vodafone forum is still saying that they have 'no news as to when the update might be coming'. I'm guessing that there must be some kind of issue with the customisation, which doesn't bode well. (Especially seeing as no customers will have wanted the phone customised in the first place...)

Drefsab
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I personally think its quite clear that certain networks teams dont put enough resources into it and its not a major concern, the don't get that to users its a major concern especially in light of the bugs these updates fix. And they wonder why people want to run custom roms so much at least they are upto date.

bigbamboo5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
I'm reading on the UK Vodafone forum that someone tried the in-store display phones and both of them were pushing the 1.29 update, so it seems like it's on its way...

Brac20
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbamboo5 View Post
I'm reading on the UK Vodafone forum that someone tried the in-store display phones and both of them were pushing the 1.29 update, so it seems like it's on its way...
I think display phones tend to be unbranded. The display One X in my local Three store has been on 1.29 for weeks. It was also on 1.28 a couple of weeks before the Three branded update came out.

vodka_redbull
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Had a frustrating conversation with Three support today.

When asked when the next HOX software update would be available he said my phone would already be on it. When I explained that unbranded phones already have the 1.29 update and we are still waiting he denied it was anything to do with Three! He insisted HTC distribute all updates to the phones and even said no updates have been released yet as the HOX is a brand new phone. I said that was also wrong as I had received the 1.28 update since buying the phone from Three but he just couldn't comprehend this. When I said I had seen comments on the Three support Twitter feed that they are testing 1.29 before releasing it to Three locked phones he once again denied Three have any involvement in the release of updates and said it is down to HTC!

It got quite heated as I said that was incorrect but he just told me to use HTC Sync to check for updates.

I just gave up at this point as I was getting more and more wound up by the fool at the other end of the call. Has anyone been told anything more solid by Three support?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

LaneyEFC
Old
Thanks Meter 101
They really are making us wait ...

bev309
Old
Thanks Meter 9
This is ridiculous! Three is the last network on 1.28 now!

LaneyEFC
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bev309 View Post
This is ridiculous! Three is the last network on 1.28 now!
But we was also the first (BRANDED)

Tags
1.28, 1.29