5,595,760 Members 37,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MOVED] ICS 4.0.4 BCM RC4.1U2 GSM/CDMA <2012-07-03> (Bravo CM9 HWA)

Tip us?

sroy001
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Installed 4.0 - Below are my observations on new drewis kernel

- Transition animations really smooth. I use Riptide GP as standard gaming benchmark. Game runs really smooth, but phone reboots every time. I have tried all setting in the governer.
- Shaky's kernel lags in transition animation. However gaming is great and phone remains rock solid even when OC at 1.2ghz - No reboots whatsoever

@DK - love the new drews kernel, but it needs more work

This is the most authentic ICS thread with regular updates and we can all see DK working really hard to make it perfect.
Loving tether-as I always missed it on ICS roms

Thank you!

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sroy001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abellimz
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Hey DK, I tried flashing the rom three times with m2sd move cache enabled and I got stuck on boot screen.
But then I tried m2sd disable cache... and i managed to boot up. So does it mean we shouldn't move cache? Anyway I'm on data++ hboot.

Also, the part where u get to choose to install additional apps, where is the bind to system option? I think it could be a lack of system space due to the apps. Or maybe its just the m2sd cache.

ikocijan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by abellimz View Post

Also, the part where u get to choose to install additional apps, where is the bind to system option? I think it could be a lack of system space due to the apps. Or maybe its just the m2sd cache.
It has been removed because some apps work better on system and some on data so now installer automaticly installs these apps.

Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not...

MIMi King
Old
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
Download links for RC4 are broken. fix them please..
Current Phone:
Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)
Rom: Stock
Radio: Stock
Recovery: CWM Touch

Old Phones:
HTC Desire GSM PVT-4 AMOLED S-OFF
Rom : Cool3D Runny v7 GSM
Radio : 32.54.00.32U_5.17.05.23
Recovery : 4Ext Touch Recovery
Hboot : cm7r2

abellimz
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikocijan View Post
It has been removed because some apps work better on system and some on data so now installer automaticly installs these apps.

If that's e case. I believe there is not enough space on /system if I am using data++ to install a few of these apps....unlike in previous versions.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

daniel_pt
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I had the v6 supercharger running with rc3.7. After installing the 4.0 should v6 be rerun or there's no need to do it?

Also, do the notification led works for new email with the gmail app?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

k3lcior
Old
Thanks Meter 584
I think services.jar was overwritten when updating (pretty sure about that), and it needs to be reinstalled

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
Device: Nexus 7 16GB 2013 /flo/
ROM: SlimKat

Kernel: ElementalX
Recovery: TWRP

Previously:

Device: HTC Desire AMOLED
ROM: [AOSP] dGB + Mounts2SD
Kernel: dGB-2.1-EViollet-GB-HAVS-AXI-128-BFS
SPL: PVT1 0.93.0001 S-OFF
Radio: 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23
Recovery: 4EXT Touch Recovery
HBOOT: Custom 65/5/367

dk_zero-cool
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4263
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmsxms View Post
I would imagine it's disabled so you can't 'escape' out of the wizard during first boot and effectively skip the setup wizard which sets your language etc.
Maybe, but the best option would be to keep these enabled by default, and then have Wizard disable them once it start, and then re-enable them after setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_kano View Post
Why don't you just patch out the checks of device_provisioned in the framework, then home button will always work?
Good idea, or just add a property that can be placed in build.prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroy001 View Post
@DK - love the new drews kernel, but it needs more work
There is no new Drewis kernel. There are new qcom libs.

Quote:
Hey DK, I tried flashing the rom three times with m2sd move cache enabled and I got stuck on boot screen.
But then I tried m2sd disable cache... and i managed to boot up. So does it mean we shouldn't move cache? Anyway I'm on data++ hboot.
Need at logcat. Cache works fine for others, me included.

Quote:
If that's e case. I believe there is not enough space on /system if I am using data++ to install a few of these apps....unlike in previous versions.
Again, this installer has been made to do different installs based on hboot. If you have Data++, additional system apps are NOT installed to /system/app. They are installed to /data/app-system and then LINKED to /system/app.
Device: Samsung GT-I9300
----------------------------------

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alien2653
Old
(Last edited by Alien2653; 10th June 2012 at 10:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
Snap snap,

never ever had a snappier performance on my Desire...this release is a great improvement...4.0

I do have a question though. How do you guys clear dalvik cache? Through RootExplorer or some other file manager, or through the recovery? I am using ClockWorkMod Touch recovery and i am not sure it does delete dalvik cache.
It takes some time to load a "Yes" option, but delete action itself is so fast i am not sure....

Thanks for advice on this...
I don't think it fails to wipe dalvik cache but you can go for an app called "Root Toolbox"

Sent from my HTC Desire with BCM 3.7U0 ICS ROM using Tapatalk

dk_zero-cool
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svashtar View Post
Snap snap,

never ever had a snappier performance on my Desire...this release is a great improvement...4.0

I do have a question though. How do you guys clear dalvik cache? Through RootExplorer or some other file manager, or through the recovery? I am using ClockWorkMod Touch recovery and i am not sure it does delete dalvik cache.
It takes some time to load a "Yes" option, but delete action itself is so fast i am not sure....

Thanks for advice on this...
Then delete it your self. Nothing more to it than deleting /data/dalvik-cache and /sd-ext/dalvik-cache from recovery.
Device: Samsung GT-I9300
----------------------------------

The Following User Says Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]