Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB Tethering

Tip us?

jimmygoska
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Cheers guys. In case anyone is interested, I've been using my new Three sim for 3 days now. I spoke to a Three representative yesterday and he told me that if I try and tether the tethered device will just not have network access. For the last two days though I have been using USB tethering without any problem. So no tethering package and at least USB tethering works. I haven't been able to try wifi hotspot as I'm using CoolDroid which (last time I checked) doesnt have functional wifi tethering.

Coverage is also pretty good in Southampton for anyone in the area considering changing =)
Current:
Nexus 4 - ParanoidAndroid
Asus TF101 - Android Revolution HD
Old:
HTC Primo
HTC Saga
HTC Blackstone

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1552
Thanks for the info mate. Now I just need to get off my lazy backside and change service providers

As for the stuff about the signal in Southampton, it would be really useful if I still lived there, but I'll just have to test it for myself up here. At least you'll be able to get a signal while you're watching the matches at St.Marys
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind

jimmygoska
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.TS.HTC View Post
Thanks for the info mate. Now I just need to get off my lazy backside and change service providers

As for the stuff about the signal in Southampton, it would be really useful if I still lived there, but I'll just have to test it for myself up here. At least you'll be able to get a signal while you're watching the matches at St.Marys
I'm afraid I'm not much of a football fan, but it will be nice to have signal on campus!

Also, I lived in Bristol until Sept and the signal there with Three isn't too bad. My family are on Three there and I had a Three sim in my work phone. =)
Current:
Nexus 4 - ParanoidAndroid
Asus TF101 - Android Revolution HD
Old:
HTC Primo
HTC Saga
HTC Blackstone
Tags
tethering