Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,368 Members 44,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][S4][WIP] CM9 on HTC One S [20120813]

Tip us?

maddes1402
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminembdg View Post
Any devs trying to get Linaro built into our htc one S build of cm9?

Was just reading that Linaro has been submitted to Gerrit and awaiting approval and that it's seeing up 100% improvements in speed for cm9

Sent from my HTC One S
ProTekk managed it to built it in AOKP. So it should be possible Source
The Following User Says Thank You to maddes1402 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Reevine
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidcues View Post
Same issues here..no data connex after wifi switch or disabling wifi. Reflashing same ROM doesn't fix issue. Turning on airplane mode rebooting then turning off airplane mode doesn't fix either and airplane icon sticks greyed out. However when I re-enable wifi that gets rid of airplane icon and wifi comes back...data still is blocked.

Gonna try flashing the other boot image if that doesn't work..will go back to version 8

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
Did you run fix permissions in recovery?

My Devices:

HTC Glacier: MyTouch 4G

xkonni
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 714

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddes1402 View Post
ProTekk managed it to built it in AOKP. So it should be possible Source
Scores don't look good...

Sent from my HTC One S

intervigil
Old
Thanks Meter 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonni View Post
Scores don't look good...

Sent from my HTC One S
Looks like a lot of issues to be hammered out before Linaro patches can be merged. Upstream CM is working on it. Pulling the patches results in no boot on One S.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to intervigil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Jones
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I am also getting loads of issues with data when I reboot. Sometimes fixing permissions works, sometimes not. Sometimes just rebooting a few times does the trick. Very odd.
I would list my devices along with current device here, but it changes too often.

brwetz
Old
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Got it up and running earlier. Seem to have no issues with data or anything. Battery seems to be dying a little quicker than usual, but could be due to update timing and animation settings...will check it out.
device LG Nexus 4

fipsib
Old
Thanks Meter 684
I have 2 questions before flashing this:

Is the custom Kernel in alpha 9 based on the released kernel sources?

& i somewhere read that the tmobile Version of the one s in the USA is somehow different from the international Version, is this right & if yes, for which Version is cm9? Thanks in advance

brwetz
Old
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fipsib View Post

& i somewhere read that the tmobile Version of the one s in the USA is somehow different from the international Version, is this right & if yes, for which Version is cm9? Thanks in advance
Not sure about the kernel.

Phone are the same (the one in India may be different). The difference is appearance and bands (obviously).
device LG Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to brwetz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickmv
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwetz View Post
Not sure about the kernel.

Phone are the same (the one in India may be different). The difference is appearance and bands (obviously).
Indeed. I'm running the EU radio (.17 vs the .16 that the US just got via OTA update) on my US T-Mo version, and all is good. Indian version probably is different, but who knows.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickmv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jodue
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by fipsib View Post

kernel is compiled from the released sources (htc modified) with a custom (cm-ized) initrd.

phones are exactly the same (hw-wise, radio-fw differs), the cm version works on both as far as i know

The Following User Says Thank You to jodue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]