[Q] Connect to internet via laptop

Tip us?

kenny1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Connect to internet via laptop

Hi,

I searched to find a way to connect my Note to my laptop's internet, but couldn't find a way.

I have no wifi router and therefor I wonder if there is a way to surf internet in my Note by using laptop's internet connection.

Thanks for any suggestions

bloodyhippo
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Connectify. Or reverse tethering (search for it in Android apps section).
The Following User Says Thank You to bloodyhippo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kenny1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Talking Thank you

After trying so hard to get the first option to work on my PC i had to give up.

Tried second one and downloaded the trial from google play and I am now amaized how fast and good this is working. Now I have full internet access on my Note. As fast as my PC's. But you have to use the cable thou.

bloodyhippo
Old
Thanks Meter 27
There's a new app called Opengarden. I haven't tried it, but it looks promising. It uses bluetooth, I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to bloodyhippo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kenny1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Not same

Opengarden is not supporting reverse tethering it is tethering. It means you can use Opengarden to use your mobile's internet on your pc, not your pc's internet on your mobile like reverse tethering. Two diffrent apps.

RavenY2K3
Old
(Last edited by RavenY2K3; 20th June 2012 at 03:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 334
Just so i've the picture clear, are you using a 3G Dongle to connect to the net on your laptop.

Edit: Have you tried something like this yet? http://lifehacker.com/5369381/turn-y...reless-hotspot

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
Current Device: Galaxy Note III SM-N9005, Note 8.0 GT-N5100 & Galaxy Camera EK-GC100

Retired but still own: Galaxy Note II, Dell Streak

Used to own:Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 - Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 - Galaxy Note GT-N7000 - - HTC Touch Pro 2 - Samsung Galaxy SII - HTC Desire - MDA Vario III - HTC Hermes (MDA Vario II) - Raphael - HTC Touch Pro -
HTC Wizard (MDA Vario) - O2 XDA IIi - HTC Magician (MDA Compact)

kenny1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Not supported

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenY2K3 View Post
Just so i've the picture clear, are you using a 3G Dongle to connect to the net on your laptop.

Edit: Have you tried something like this yet? http://lifehacker.com/5369381/turn-y...reless-hotspot
I am using a cable. It is student biulding and I connect the cable to my PC and the internet is there.

The problem is that the galaxy Note does NOT support AD Hock as I tried much and changed some system setings from /system/bin. If there was a solution for NOTE to support Ad Hock it would be amaizing.