Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apple seeks U.S. ban of Galaxy S III

Tip us?

pedalfasterben
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I used to be an Apple fan-boy, and this makes me sick... I'll always appreciate the build quality of Apple products, and you can pry my MacBook Pro out of my cold dead hands, but really? Suing Sammy over the SGIII and worse getting a patent for a wedge shaped laptop? What's next? The other issue, what's wrong with our legal system that this crap can occur in the first place?

TriC_101
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
I'm going to patent the action of swiping my tissue-covered finger across my backside to clean myself after defecating. After I do so I will sue anyone that tries to wipe their ass. hmmm wait that sounds like APPLE!

kelvenha55
Old
(Last edited by kelvenha55; 11th June 2012 at 06:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Lol you can do whatever the hell you want in this world, just as long as you have the money to pay for it. Apple getting patents and suing people just shows how much money they have to wipe their asses with. And there's a reason why they have so much money, they put out High Quality and Dependable products. Samsung is a major competitor to apple because their lines have been claimed as the best android phones around, so of course Apple has them in their crosshairs (you can't lie the s3 white kinda looks like an iPhone. And past galaxy s phones somewhat mimic past iPhone looks). But even with that said they're not as dependable or don't receive as great/speedy updates as iDevices do. iDevices get all the new cool apps and games first, good support and they almost do everything an android can . Problem with android is there is hundreds of phones with different hardware. Making it so hard for developers to make apps on android to keep everyone happy. They literally have to make different versions and patches for their apps for specific gpu's and such, and a lot of times you wont get a certain app or game for awhile or not at all compared to iDevices. Also lets not forget the bugs with android, i know I have to flash fixes or roms to make it more stable or speedy, when iDevices dont require many fixes just mods to your liking. And that's why Apple is top dog making the most money. There have been so many "iPhone killer" phones that came out that didn't live up to its claim. All they can hope for is market share. S3 being one of those phones people are expecting to kill the iPhone, which sadly won't happen. S3 is gonna be a great phone but it already lost a good number of hopeful customers with the removal of the quad core processor. And the Siri copy cat.... Its a iPhone rip off pretty much. No wonder Apple is suing, I would.

I'm not an Apple fan boy. I love both OS for their own unique differences and own both. Just saying.... Apple is top dog, and will do anything and sacrifice all resources required to keep it that way.

plwalsh88
Old
Thanks Meter 615

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvenha55 View Post
(you can't lie the s3 white kinda looks like an iPhone. And past galaxy s phones somewhat mimic past iPhone looks).
The new Camaro kinda looks like the new Challenger, but you don't see Dodge suing Chevy for putting four wheels and a steering wheel on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
ROM: Official CM10 Nightly 11/4
Kernel: King Kangers One .12
--------------------
Phone: AT&T Samsung Captivate
ROM: Andromeda 3
Kernel: Ursa Minor #2
--------------------
Phone: AT&T Samsung Captivate
ROM: Stock 2.3.5 KK4
Kernel: Corn Kernel v6.03
Theme: Andromedena Tek Icon Pack
--------------------
666<---Insert Awesome Here

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3297

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriC_101 View Post
I'm going to patent the action of swiping my tissue-covered finger across my backside to clean myself after defecating. After I do so I will sue anyone that tries to wipe their ass. hmmm wait that sounds like APPLE!
you'll make a sh*t load of money

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum
The Following User Says Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

occupational_hazard
Old
Thanks Meter 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwalsh88 View Post
The new Camaro kinda looks like the new Challenger, but you don't see Dodge suing Chevy for putting four wheels and a steering wheel on it.

Ford suing everybody else with a production line in the automotive field.

NO MORE WAL-MART ROMS
The Following User Says Thank You to occupational_hazard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fwdkiller
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Go apple

Sent from my iphone 4s and ex SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 user using XDA

crixley
Old
Thanks Meter 1035
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvenha55 View Post
they almost do everything an android can.
not even close...

a non-rooted android can do 1000x more than a jailbroken iphone.

ios is a boring, bland os.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crixley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

i9100g user
Old
Thanks Meter 270
I have an ipad and its great ios is also great in different terms but apple are now acting childish which would only make more apple haters.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

dakpluto
Old
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGeek View Post
So why'd they suing them for this time.. because the phone is still rectangler in shape !! LOL

Actually Apple WAS granted at one time a patent for rectangular phones, lol. Like most patent law that goes to the courts, the patent was modified to something more strict and less broad.

The problem really isn't Apple, or any other cell phone company. They ALL do the lawsuits, but that's because the US Patent system is so ****ed up they have too. Patents are handed out like candy and written so broad that just about anything violates a patent. So neither Apple or Moto or Samsung is the issue. It's the damn patent office.