Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Tip us?

JoshuaTumanda
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by emprize View Post
My bad, i cant find it in this thread, i tried the keyword "screen on", "turn on", "crt".... It would be appreciate if u can provide me the keyword

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
you could try the keyword "delay screen on", or "CM9 screen on" or "delay screen cm9"

CyanogenMod 10.1 (JB 4.2.2)

stock icons

ahalford
Old
(Last edited by ahalford; 11th June 2012 at 07:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2,108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
I'm semi-back after my weekend, but totally sleep deprived...
That seems to be a major cause - it would be why there has been a major spike in SoDs since the storage switch happened. It seems to be:
1) Some people had SoDs with the old wifi driver - not surprising, the old I9100 Update4 wifi driver was ****. Most of these people had them disappear when we went to the N7000 wifi driver/MMC driver.
2) A bunch of people were SoD free until the storage switch - nearly everyone who saw a spike in SoDs after 6/3 have had them go away if they did a wipe/factory reset. My guess is they had some app that was misbehaving.
Totally true, as for me personal. But - others, who did all the changes, including wipes and all, still suffering SOD's - could it be another rev of emmc/controller, which not lives in peace with a new drivers?

Quote:
Right now the only things I can think of are to try and pull the GPIO configurations in from the N7000 sources - they looked identical (just formatted/reordered differently) on first review, but there might be a change hidden in there.
Doesn't it make sense to pull all possible configs from N7000 sources, or is something better/more stable in I9100 sources? Just asking.

Quote:
Right now, and these are wild guesses:
If you use any app that automatically enables/disables wifi, don't.
100% true for a latest bilds, it messes the system. Just did a small test yesterday, it's conflicting with system_ui and system power management policy.

Quote:
Leave wifi on, it uses less power for background syncing than mobile data anyway.
Similarly, set "Keep wifi on during sleep" to "Always"
Having battery drain on wi-fi on, I have no choice, but to agree with you on a bad router/network issue or this bt-amp thing...Btw, have you read my post about this?

Quote:
And obviously - dealing with the fact that our device has defective flash memory that can suffer damage which is currently unrecoverable by anyone outside of Samsung has taken priority.
And it can be major contributing factor to all SOD's...

Thanks for your work.

We all do so many stupid things, for bad reason or no reason at all.
'Forgive them, Father, they know not what they do' applies to nine-tenths of our actions.

neuron2
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default bluetooth and SODs

My bluetooth is open many sods, it‘s closed no sods.

Dryfit.linux
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Using 09 version. Did a full wipe and format of internal sd twice. Already did IT for external put there The zip file. And no SOD for a day now.

IT is exactly The Same as i did before but now IT works.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

rgreat
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Nice find:

[THEME][AOKP-CM9] *pICS*| BatteryOnly (THEME CHOOSER APK)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1681658

Tested, working for Note.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droiduser
Old
(Last edited by droiduser; 11th June 2012 at 11:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkuro View Post
I still get sods with the latest update and I did full wipe ....so I went back to 01/06 anything after that is sod for me...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
I have the same issue... Never had any SOD before and started with the prior to nightly releases.
CM9 makes the Note so much better!
Still noticed the other day I'm getting blue video for the realtime face effects, still being worked on i guess? Smurf look is fine...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

willwmj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Today, i try to install SamsungTTS.apk which comes from ICS official stock rom, also copy lang_SMT into system.

y, cm9 can install the apk but cannot use it.

Any future version will support SamsungTTS?

thanks

Chritcal
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwmj View Post
Any future version will support SamsungTTS?
thanks
I would not necessarily assume that.

npras42
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Hey guys,

I was thinking of switching back to CM9. Last time I had a few reservations - I actually missed some of the Samsung stuff.

Anyway, I know there are TW dependencies for most Samsung features but I wondered if anyone knew whether any, none or all of the following apps had TW dependencies so I couldn't just back them up with Titanium and take them with me?

Contacts
Phone
Polaris Office
Email app
Clock app

I wont get a chance to try it until Tuesday night, but I will probably give them a go anyway to see what sticks! Unless someone can categorically tell me none of them will work. I think I've tried Email before and it worked fine. I think the clock app is second most important.

Kind Regards,
Neil

Dryfit.linux
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryfit.linux View Post
Using 09 version. Did a full wipe and format of internal sd twice. Already did IT for external put there The zip file. And no SOD for a day now.

IT is exactly The Same as i did before but now IT works.

Having SOD again. I am at work now and i always turn off wifi at work. That is only difference from my home sittuation. And when i drive i use bleutooth. Turn it on when i go and turn wifi and bleutooth off when i arrive at work.

Tags
aosp, cm9, cyanogenmod, galaxy note, ics, n7000, snote and smemo no wrk