Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Are screen protectors really needed on the Epic 4G Touch?

Tip us?

randomfied
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I use a zagg shield I got from best buy. No scratches on my screen. And protector is holding up well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The Root
Old
Thanks Meter 1865
I've never used one on this phone and it resides in the same pocket as my keys.
Before blaming the dev consider that it might have been you. They probably know more and make fewer mistakes.

SGS4
Insane Kit Kat

EL TEJANO
Old
Thanks Meter 72
For me using a screen protector not only does its needed function...but (for me at least) it helps to increase/keep its resell value.

phildis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I took my screen protector off about a month ago. I still do not have a single scratch. I generally keep my keys separated, however the phone often resides in the same pocket as loose change.

I feel as though the screen protector is not necessarily needed, because mine would probably have at least one scratch on it by now. I will update this post if i change my mind.

lucentflame
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynetx View Post
I don't use one and haven't since moving from a plastic resistive screen to a glass capacitive screen. Glass is really, really hard. It's not impossible to scratch, but it takes effort. I hate the feel of film as opposed to clean glass. No thanks.
To be honest, I bought a cheap screen protector from Sprint, and it feels just fine, just like glass.

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TEJANO View Post
For me using a screen protector not only does its needed function...but (for me at least) it helps to increase/keep its resell value.
This^

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold

jonapunk
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LudoGris View Post
Back to the phone...each to their own. I have no scratches on the screen since launch day and never used a screen protector.
I originally had the black et4g and did not have a screen protector and sure enough one day about three months after I got it I put in my pocket with my keys and had a small gouge which drove me nuts.... Had to have my phone replaced and now will always have a screen protector on it

The Following User Says Thank You to jonapunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wormsign
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I used an off-brand dry cling screen protector for several months, bought it from the Sprint store same day I bought my phone - it attracted smudges and fingerprints.

I recently took it off and added the Zagg, no problems thus far and I guess it just serves as extra peace of mind... (Just In Case).

jonapunk
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsign View Post
I used an off-brand dry cling screen protector for several months, bought it from the Sprint store same day I bought my phone - it attracted smudges and fingerprints.

I recently took it off and added the Zagg, no problems thus far and I guess it just serves as extra peace of mind... (Just In Case).
I have a zagg invisishield to have had no luck with the cheapest.... Have a hard time putting them on with out getting dirt underneath

Pheno.menon
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Yes. I recommend SGP Ultra Crystal.

Sent from my Blu Kuban'd Galaxy S II.