Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 52,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Development discussion] FIREFIREFIRE Extended (dualbooting)

Tip us?

eldarerathis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by three-p-o View Post
I think this is going to work as I had nowhere near the correct settings for my rebuild of the boot.img.
Code:
Working folder's boot.img information
-------------------------------------

Kernel Size                : 3141360 bytes
 Kernel Base Address        : 0x80000000
 Ramdisk Size               : 187920 bytes
 Ramdisk Load Address       : 0x81000000
 Second Stage Size          : 0 bytes
 Second Stage Load Address  : 0x80f00000
 Page Size                  : 4096 bytes
 ASCIIZ Product Name        : (None)

Command Line: "console=ttyO2,115200n8 mem=463M@0x80000000 init=/init vram=5M omapfb.vram=0:5M"
Ok, so that failed too. I'm going to match the same partition numbers and redo the script/init to use the numbers you use.
Were you using the 3.0 kernel? FWIW, I haven't gotten that to boot on a non-standard boot partition yet. It seems like it's going to start up fine, but then it hangs in the middle with a (IMHO) not-so-helpful and possibly irrelevant logcat message.

Got an Android question? Stop by Android Enthusiasts!

three-p-o
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarerathis View Post
Were you using the 3.0 kernel? FWIW, I haven't gotten that to boot on a non-standard boot partition yet. It seems like it's going to start up fine, but then it hangs in the middle with a (IMHO) not-so-helpful and possibly irrelevant logcat message.
Actually, I'm trying to use the kindle fire 6.3 insecure rom that was posted a few weeks ago.
Maybe that is the issue :P

eldarerathis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by three-p-o View Post
Actually, I'm trying to use the kindle fire 6.3 insecure rom that was posted a few weeks ago.
Maybe that is the issue :P
Oh, okay, nevermind then. For some reason I thought you were using the 3.0 kernel (I should have just gone back to double check your other thread). I did get the 6.2.2 to work eventually with minimal bugs so I would think it's possible to do it with 6.3 unless Amazon changed something significant.

Got an Android question? Stop by Android Enthusiasts!

three-p-o
Old
(Last edited by three-p-o; 23rd April 2012 at 07:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarerathis View Post
Oh, okay, nevermind then. For some reason I thought you were using the 3.0 kernel (I should have just gone back to double check your other thread). I did get the 6.2.2 to work eventually with minimal bugs so I would think it's possible to do it with 6.3 unless Amazon changed something significant.
My original idea was to get 3.0 working there, but that was before 3.0 became as reliable as it is now. The only reason I would need to boot to alt, is for recharge, and netflix audio sync issues.

Update: So, apparently my issue was that I was using your original release and not the v2 release. I am now dual booting 3.0 as primary and kindle 6.3 as alternate.
The Following User Says Thank You to three-p-o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ProfEngr
Old
Thanks Meter 52
eldarerathis, tried to send you a PM, but I'm not sure it went through.