Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,314 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery life poor all the sudden?

Tip us?

dagostin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Its almost always causes by some app, running stock is here and battery life has been consistent since day 1. Try starting fresh with no installed apps and slowly install needed apps one by one. Wait a day at least per app installed to see what changes occur with battery life

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

ratledge
Old
(Last edited by ratledge; 29th April 2012 at 09:52 PM.) Reason: can't spell engelsk
Thanks Meter 31
Same here - and I put a new (OEM/Motorola) battery in three days ago, cleared the battery stats with Clockwork Recovery advanced options, conditioning it by letting it drain until it shut off every time. Right now I'm seeing 79% Display. WTH?

ratledge
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Lightbulb Flash to 904 is the ultimate cure!

I still don't know WTH went crazy a week or so ago, but flashing the leaked 904 update fixed ALL my problems!
The Following User Says Thank You to ratledge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bsorli
Old
(Last edited by bsorli; 1st May 2012 at 03:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming3r View Post
+1 on this - it worked wonders for me. ICS has also had some great battery life as well.
Interesting and I had a bunch of problems on ICS and have now switched back to the Verizon's 904 leak rebuilt by Eclipse. If you've used Eclipse previously...the latest build Eclipse Bionic Build 04 - 4/30/12 - h t t p://eclipserom.com/vforum/showthread.php?1612-ROM-Eclipse-Bionic-Build-04-4-30-12 screams performance wise and battery life is now well above 10 hours without needing a charge or booster shot I was so used too providing on ICS Gummy. The Eclipse developer just released his latest update in the last day and it now has even more polish especially for those who don't appreciate Motorola Blur. Give it a shot and check it out! Sorli...

LXative
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsorli View Post
Interesting and I had a bunch of problems on ICS and have now switched back to the Verizon's 904 leak rebuilt by Eclipse. If you've used Eclipse previously...the latest build Eclipse Bionic Build 04 - 4/30/12 - h t t p://eclipserom.com/vforum/showthread.php?1612-ROM-Eclipse-Bionic-Build-04-4-30-12 screams performance wise and battery life is now well above 10 hours without needing a charge or booster shot I was so used too providing on ICS Gummy. The Eclipse developer just released his latest update in the last day and it now has even more polish especially for those who don't appreciate Motorola Blur. Give it a shot and check it out! Sorli...
10 hours of battery life, and you are happy? Is this really how Bionic folks are? I am being serious, as I have no clue.

I have a friend that is getting 5hrs on a battery at most, his Bionic is 6mo old. He is 100% stock. He is on 2.3.4, and I am investigating what I should flash his phone to....