I am 30 seconds away from installing but...
I am hoping that someone can help set my mind at ease. I use to be with AT&T with a Touch Pro 2. At that time I was a rom addict and flashed a new rom about every 1-2 weeks. Upon moving to Sprint I was sad to see there was no development for the Arrive. WooHoo!!! Now there is and thank you for all involved.
I have so far read everything in the forum and one post stood out to me as I have not seen any comments on it. The post is quoted below. I remember when I started researching months ago that there was a Chevron unlock, and then it got removed or something... But I don't know all the facts.
I have everything downloaded and ready to go and the plan was to flash today, but if I can pose a question to the forum, why not. I think honestly maybe I just need someone to put this in to context. By the way, I just got a replacement phone through my warranty, so I have not yet updated to Mango. My Bootloader is still 1.25.230506.1(118490). So my questions are these.
1) Does the quoted post below and the need for U2M8107_v1.2.xap mean anything with regards to possible bricking, and what benefit would I see from doing a developers unlock, or once you do the hspl, is the phone just unlocked?
2) I see that some are having data errors, even on the DFT Rom. Has this been troublesome enough for some, that they wish they had not done the flashing?
3) How do you know if you have to downgrade your SPL using RUU_Gold_C_Sprint_WWE_1.29.563.02_Radio_1.51.00.01 _23.12W.05.06U_NoDo_Signed_by_ansar. My CURRENT VERSION OF SPL is: 1.25.230506.1(118490)
Thanks in advance for any guidance. Time to flash: T-?(but hopefully today)
Originally Posted by johnmclin
I just recently upgrades from Sprint TP2 to Arrrive a week before HSPL & this rom was released.
After connecting to Zune, I updated to the Mango update.
Then I found that HSPL was available for arrive and Ansar rom as well.
I was able to downgrade to NoDo SPL 1.29 & run DFT HSPL in order to install Ansar rom. Rom install was flawless.
Here is my problem now... I noticed that to install U2M8107_v1.2.xap, I must be Chevron unlocked. Chevron site is no longer issueing tokens for unlock. What do I do now? Ansar states that without U2M8107_v1.2.xap installed, update from zune is possible & could break HSPL, etc. or brick phone.
Link to U2M8107_v1.2.xap on OP is dead & cant seem to find it otherwise on google. Links are all dead now. But none the less, when & if I find, how will I get developer unlocked in order to install it?
I have tried alternate chevron method but it doesnt work for any WP7 versions with copy and paste enabled. See following:
- if your device have software version 7004-7008 you can use Chevron for unlocking
- if you already upgrade to NoDo or Mango via Zune, then you can try restore to 7004-7008 also via Zune....
- other way is to use HSPL and unlocked custom ROM's but this is impossible if you upgraded with official Mango with RUU update
How can I get Chevron unlock, where do I get U2M8107_v1.2.xap, & what is proper deployment procedure?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. Can anyone address the following:
1) Network data error on boot
2) Only open wifi network connecting, cant connect to secure wireless.
3) Bluetooth will not stay on after pairing.
4) When using wired headset, volume is very low & cant be increased. Headset is useless for calls. Works fine with music.
-HTC - Arrive - Sprint - CURRENT VERSION OF SPL: 1.25.230506.1(118490)