Hooray Sprint!

Search This thread

sitizenx

Dec 18, 2007
No need for this thread

Lol, point is I'm happy with my service...

Well if you are happy there is no need to make an insecure post lying about another carrier. Furthermore this is a forum for the exchange of ideas and CORRECT factual information. It is not a place for every single cellular customer who is "happy" to come and start troll threads lying about another carrier. People need to think before starting threads.

...the points I made in my original post makes sense...

Look you lied. Okay? Don't rationalize it. If newbies read your post they are getting incorrect information. We all make mistakes. What responsible people do is admit their mistakes and correct them.

...to all that had nice things to say, thank you:)

If you want people to say "nice things" maybe you shouldn't start your threads with a lie. It is not our responsibility to coddle you.

If you have some niche activities that you require >5GB a month consistently on a slow network then knock yourself out. Sprint sounds like a great network for you. For the rest of us who prefer using <5GB on arguably the fastest network around we go for at&t. I am not an at&t fanboy. at&t has it's issues. But the vast majority of people have no desire to use >5GB of data on their smartphone. Even the average home user isn't usually using that much data...

hothardware.com said:
Median data usage for Comcast cable internet customers is 4 to 6 GBs per month, according to Douglas.

Link.

I do not like people to name things "unlimited" when they are not unlimited. But even with that issue at&t's LTE service is better for the vast majority of people (>95%). The other <5% can go to Sprint and download whatever it is they are downloading to their hearts content on Sprint's slow network.

iamnotagoldfish

Mar 3, 2011
I'm happy I'm on a carrier with limits. Any carrier with a usage cap inherently discriminates against heavy data users. To this I say THANK YOU! Please please please incentivize all of the network hoggers to move to another network! As to throttling, being on sprint is like being constantly throttled. If your normal state is equivilent to other carriers 'punishment' state, you don't really have a foot to stand on there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

A2CKilla

Feb 22, 2011
Well if you are happy there is no need to make an insecure post lying about another carrier. Furthermore this is a forum for the exchange of ideas and CORRECT factual information. It is not a place for every single cellular customer who is "happy" to come and start troll threads lying about another carrier. People need to think before starting threads.

Look you lied. Okay? Don't rationalize it. If newbies read your post they are getting incorrect information. We all make mistakes. What responsible people do is admit their mistakes and correct them.

If you want people to say "nice things" maybe you shouldn't start your threads with a lie. It is not our responsibility to coddle you.

If you have some niche activities that you require >5GB a month consistently on a slow network then knock yourself out. Sprint sounds like a great network for you. For the rest of us who prefer using <5GB on arguably the fastest network around we go for at&t. I am not an at&t fanboy. at&t has it's issues. But the vast majority of people have no desire to use >5GB of data on their smartphone. Even the average home user isn't usually using that much data...

Link.

I do not like people to name things "unlimited" when they are not unlimited. But even with that issue at&t's LTE service is better for the vast majority of people (>95%). The other <5% can go to Sprint and download whatever it is they are downloading to their hearts content on Sprint's slow network.

cool story bro, tell it again:D:D:D:rolleyes:

A2CKilla

Feb 22, 2011
I've used 4.7GB of data almost 5GB this month, and don't have to worry about a thing!!! if i was on BIG RED...i would have been screwed and if i was on TRUE BLUE...would have been screwed, even with t-mobile (notice they don't have a fancy nickname) i would still be pushing my throttle limit, but on good ol mellow yellow, i'm in the clear no matter what with unlimited, un-throttled goodness!!!!!! just wanted to show my satisfaction to sprint and there 8 years of amazing service to me!:D:D

1. most carriers cap at 4gb TO MY KNOWLEDGE
2. t-mobile has a 5gb limit i believe then they throttle or it might be 2gb of high-speed then throttle, don't remember
3. THE MAIN POINT OF MY THREAD -_-.... so like i said, to the internet thugs, i'm glad your internuts got bigger for trying to prove my post wrong and trolling

Mastajeff

Dec 6, 2010
ATT LTE is throttled at 5Gigs

After 5 Gigs change your APN and you should still be good and unthrottled.

Point is ATT>Sprint .

Its just not possible yet to allow unlimited data and not have any major impact on the network.

Until Sprint starts throttling.. even if its 10 gigs, I bet dataspeed averages will double all over the country.

I know so many people who have Sprint and use it as internet for their homes etc.

Hell, I used to use it to torrent and used like 30gbs a month

sitizenx

Dec 18, 2007
The whole att throttle thing is still based by market guys.

If live in an area that is not being hammered by att users you will most likely not get throtle. If is an area that is being constanly used well then most likely you will get throtle.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Interesting... if true.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I love this thread, so much butthurt on both sides! :D

No "butthurt." Just a quest for truth. I don't understand the point of getting on the internet and posting lies. Why bother? I come to this forum to learn correct facts. I don't like wading through lies just because someone is in love with their carrier.

If there has been a material change in the throttling policy at at&t please let me know. If you have no clue what the throttling policy is STFU. Misinformation doesn't do anyone any good.

iamnotagoldfish

Mar 3, 2011
Just for some comic relief, went to a sprint store and performed a few speed tests on their "3G" and "4G" networks.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339778722159.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339778722159.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 41
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339778739738.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339778739738.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 41

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
You get worse than 100 kbps?! On ATT I get between 2000-5000.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Tops, maybe 200 Kbps nowadays. And I'm in NYC. Every borough, every area. In my office building, I'll even dip to less than 10 kbps. You read that right. It was so bad they finally let me out of my contract a full year early the other week, after over a year of arguing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sprint is hilariously bad. I couldn't stream MLB at bat radio on 3G, and while 4G was barely fast enough, their handover technology is either also hilariously bad or completely non existent. CONSTANT reconnecting while moving. But I could use the terrible service all I wanted! Woo!!! The only reason Sprint offers unlimited is because that's the only way they can compete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA