5,599,394 Members 37,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hooray Sprint!

Tip us?
 
sitizenx
Old
#41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 322
Join Date: Dec 2007
Exclamation No need for this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2CKilla View Post
Lol, point is I'm happy with my service...
Well if you are happy there is no need to make an insecure post lying about another carrier. Furthermore this is a forum for the exchange of ideas and CORRECT factual information. It is not a place for every single cellular customer who is "happy" to come and start troll threads lying about another carrier. People need to think before starting threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2CKilla View Post
...the points I made in my original post makes sense...
Look you lied. Okay? Don't rationalize it. If newbies read your post they are getting incorrect information. We all make mistakes. What responsible people do is admit their mistakes and correct them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2CKilla View Post
...to all that had nice things to say, thank you
If you want people to say "nice things" maybe you shouldn't start your threads with a lie. It is not our responsibility to coddle you.

If you have some niche activities that you require >5GB a month consistently on a slow network then knock yourself out. Sprint sounds like a great network for you. For the rest of us who prefer using <5GB on arguably the fastest network around we go for at&t. I am not an at&t fanboy. at&t has it's issues. But the vast majority of people have no desire to use >5GB of data on their smartphone. Even the average home user isn't usually using that much data...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothardware.com
Median data usage for Comcast cable internet customers is 4 to 6 GBs per month, according to Douglas.
Link.

I do not like people to name things "unlimited" when they are not unlimited. But even with that issue at&t's LTE service is better for the vast majority of people (>95%). The other <5% can go to Sprint and download whatever it is they are downloading to their hearts content on Sprint's slow network.
Nokia Lumia 900
Let me get this straight you don't have a phone with this OS. You don't like this OS, but yet you are always hanging out in this OS' forum.
 
iamnotagoldfish
Old
#42  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 63
Join Date: Mar 2011
I'm happy I'm on a carrier with limits. Any carrier with a usage cap inherently discriminates against heavy data users. To this I say THANK YOU! Please please please incentivize all of the network hoggers to move to another network! As to throttling, being on sprint is like being constantly throttled. If your normal state is equivilent to other carriers 'punishment' state, you don't really have a foot to stand on there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
 
A2CKilla
Old
#43  
A2CKilla's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 478
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitizenx View Post
Well if you are happy there is no need to make an insecure post lying about another carrier. Furthermore this is a forum for the exchange of ideas and CORRECT factual information. It is not a place for every single cellular customer who is "happy" to come and start troll threads lying about another carrier. People need to think before starting threads.



Look you lied. Okay? Don't rationalize it. If newbies read your post they are getting incorrect information. We all make mistakes. What responsible people do is admit their mistakes and correct them.



If you want people to say "nice things" maybe you shouldn't start your threads with a lie. It is not our responsibility to coddle you.

If you have some niche activities that you require >5GB a month consistently on a slow network then knock yourself out. Sprint sounds like a great network for you. For the rest of us who prefer using <5GB on arguably the fastest network around we go for at&t. I am not an at&t fanboy. at&t has it's issues. But the vast majority of people have no desire to use >5GB of data on their smartphone. Even the average home user isn't usually using that much data...



Link.

I do not like people to name things "unlimited" when they are not unlimited. But even with that issue at&t's LTE service is better for the vast majority of people (>95%). The other <5% can go to Sprint and download whatever it is they are downloading to their hearts content on Sprint's slow network.
cool story bro, tell it again
"if you don't like sprint (and or price changes that are stated to change at anytime in the contract THAT YOU SIGNED!!!!) then you can giiiit oouuutt"
 
A2CKilla
Old
#44  
A2CKilla's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 478
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2CKilla View Post
I've used 4.7GB of data almost 5GB this month, and don't have to worry about a thing!!! if i was on BIG RED...i would have been screwed and if i was on TRUE BLUE...would have been screwed, even with t-mobile (notice they don't have a fancy nickname) i would still be pushing my throttle limit, but on good ol mellow yellow, i'm in the clear no matter what with unlimited, un-throttled goodness!!!!!! just wanted to show my satisfaction to sprint and there 8 years of amazing service to me!
1. most carriers cap at 4gb TO MY KNOWLEDGE
2. t-mobile has a 5gb limit i believe then they throttle or it might be 2gb of high-speed then throttle, don't remember
3. THE MAIN POINT OF MY THREAD -_-.... so like i said, to the internet thugs, i'm glad your internuts got bigger for trying to prove my post wrong and trolling
"if you don't like sprint (and or price changes that are stated to change at anytime in the contract THAT YOU SIGNED!!!!) then you can giiiit oouuutt"
 
luftrofl
Old
#45  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 133
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Francisco
I love this thread, so much butthurt on both sides!
 
Mastajeff
Old
#46  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 72
Join Date: Dec 2010
ATT LTE is throttled at 5Gigs

After 5 Gigs change your APN and you should still be good and unthrottled.

Point is ATT>Sprint .

Its just not possible yet to allow unlimited data and not have any major impact on the network.

Until Sprint starts throttling.. even if its 10 gigs, I bet dataspeed averages will double all over the country.

I know so many people who have Sprint and use it as internet for their homes etc.

Hell, I used to use it to torrent and used like 30gbs a month
 
sitizenx
Old
#47  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 322
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi4baby View Post
The whole att throttle thing is still based by market guys.

If live in an area that is not being hammered by att users you will most likely not get throtle. If is an area that is being constanly used well then most likely you will get throtle.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Interesting... if true.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by luftrofl View Post
I love this thread, so much butthurt on both sides!
No "butthurt." Just a quest for truth. I don't understand the point of getting on the internet and posting lies. Why bother? I come to this forum to learn correct facts. I don't like wading through lies just because someone is in love with their carrier.

If there has been a material change in the throttling policy at at&t please let me know. If you have no clue what the throttling policy is STFU. Misinformation doesn't do anyone any good.
Nokia Lumia 900
Let me get this straight you don't have a phone with this OS. You don't like this OS, but yet you are always hanging out in this OS' forum.
 
iamnotagoldfish
Old
#48  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 63
Join Date: Mar 2011
Just for some comic relief, went to a sprint store and performed a few speed tests on their "3G" and "4G" networks.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1339778722159.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1132185   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1339778739738.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1132186  
 
Product F(RED)
Old
#49  
Product F(RED)'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2438
Posts: 8,624
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotagoldfish View Post
Just for some comic relief, went to a sprint store and performed a few speed tests on their "3G" and "4G" networks.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
That's better than I get, at least on 3G. Much better.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889


 
iamnotagoldfish
Old
#50  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 63
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
That's better than I get, at least on 3G. Much better.
You get worse than 100 kbps?! On ATT I get between 2000-5000.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more