Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how do you scan meid locations with cdma workshop 2.7 thats all i want to know ?

Tip us?

weinerwad3000
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejimia View Post
i found theses off sets when i scan for meid. 5200780 and 5200964 so how do i find the location? i did the scan 0108-0000 so will the location be 01080000+5200780= location?
There should be two sets of offsets. I assume yours is readable from 5200780-5200963 since 5200964 is where it stops being readable. So what I would do is open your calculator and set it to programner and set it for hex. Do 5200963-5200780 and click dec to convert it to decimal. Scan from 5200780 and use the decimal number as your bytes.
The Following User Says Thank You to weinerwad3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lovejimia
Old
(Last edited by lovejimia; 20th April 2012 at 05:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
ok the **** is getting on my dam nervs! i try the efs way and there are no files in there at all! i then tried about five radios and i got all the esn for each one. but when i got to the meid on each one i couldnt find the last one to clear it out! can somebody post meid location to any radio for me or email me all the location for meid on any radio i would be very thankful so i can get some sleep at night! lovejimia@yahoo.com

weinerwad3000
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ok the **** is getting on my dam nervs! i try the efs way and there are no files in there at all! i then tried about five radios and i got all the esn for each one. but when i got to the meid on each one i couldnt find the last one to clear it out! can somebody post meid location to any radio for me or email me all the location for meid on any radio i would be very thankful so i can get some sleep at night! lovejimia@yahoo.com
There's locations all over the web if you google it but have you tried scanning for the meid in airplane mode? Last time I scanned meid addresses there were some some meids in areas that said were unscannable. Not sure how to find them in this instance.
The Following User Says Thank You to weinerwad3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lovejimia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i did every thing you said i searched google i scan in air plan mood and nothing! tring to find the last meid is a bitch! with the efs way i cant find any files at all so the scan is my next option and the is where i stuck!

weinerwad3000
Old
(Last edited by weinerwad3000; 21st April 2012 at 03:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i did every thing you said i searched google i scan in air plan mood and nothing! tring to find the last meid is a bitch! with the efs way i cant find any files at all so the scan is my next option and the is where i stuck!
You have the evo correct? Can you screen cap the nvm folder in efs? What radio do you have? Pm me if you want to use remote access with team viewer.

Also try typing RequestNVItemRead scm. If its 0x2a type RequestNVItemWrite scm 0x3a and vice versa. This may help depending on whether your esn is zeroed or not. How many meid locations do you have? There should be ten total I believe.

lovejimia
Old
(Last edited by lovejimia; 21st April 2012 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
i am new to this meid esn writing thing. and i dont know what screen cap the nvm folder in efs is. i did the open sesame door and i see only one file and it is name prl 0. yes i have an the evo and my radio is 2.15.00.11.19 android versoino 2.2
build number 3.70.651.1

Klown80
Old
Thanks Meter 292

DONATE TO ME
I think I still have the memory locations for that baseband, if you still need them PM me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerebediah
Old
(Last edited by jerebediah; 14th June 2012 at 03:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default Open sesame

used this and everything worked but when I went to overwrite the files it says " An error occurred while trying to write the file 'nvm/num/0' to the phone - Error Code (222): Invalid argument" anyone know why? I believe I did everything write... thank you!

Figured it out you have to delete file 0 and 1943 before u can replace them...