Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Decent priced back?

OP University of Pi

7th June 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 24
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
My play could really use a new back cover. The only one's I could find are like $10 while extended batteries & backs can be found for $15 (both amazon)

anyone know where I can get a new cover cheaper?
(Veizon jacked up their prices too )








Note: Please forgive my rule-breaking because this fits here so much better than Xperia Play Q&A
8th June 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #2  
savage24x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
597 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by University of Pi

My play could really use a new back cover. The only one's I could find are like $10 while extended batteries & backs can be found for $15 (both amazon)

anyone know where I can get a new cover cheaper?
(Veizon jacked up their prices too )








Note: Please forgive my rule-breaking because this fits here so much better than Xperia Play Q&A

... that's not affordable?

Sent from my R800x using XDA
9th June 2012, 12:41 AM   |  #3  
lightningdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
796 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage24x

... that's not affordable?

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Comparatively, no. If you're paying $10 for a stock battery cover, and $15 for an an extended cover and battery, then you're much better off just throwing down the extra $5 for a new battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to lightningdude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 24
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdude

Comparatively, no. If you're paying $10 for a stock battery cover, and $15 for an an extended cover and battery, then you're much better off just throwing down the extra $5 for a new battery.

That's what I was saying. I'd rather just buy a new back cover for like $5 if possible and that's why I asked. The real thing is it's in bad shape and should be replaced but it's not super urgent so I ask first before jumping to my conclusion of no and just buy the extended battery and extended battery cover for $15.
9th June 2012, 09:15 PM   |  #5  
lightningdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
796 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
I see the Standard Battery Cover in Verizon Wireless' online store, priced at less than $4.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...alPhoneId=5643
The Following User Says Thank You to lightningdude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2012, 07:15 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 24
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdude

I see the Standard Battery Cover in Verizon Wireless' online store, priced at less than $4.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...alPhoneId=5643

It was more before

now I also see they've cut the price to $19.99 for a play with contract or free online

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes