Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible release date and price for Incredible 4G LTE

Tip us?

LyndenP
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndenP View Post
If you come to the end of a contract after June 28 and choose to upgrade at a discounted price, you will have to leave your unlimited data plan. At that time, you have a couple of choices for plans through Verizon. There will apparently be individual plans that start at $30 for 2GB of data and then of course, these new Share Everything plans. In some cases, it may be cheaper for you to purchase individual accounts than go with a Share Everything. For example, if Verizon is offering a double data promo for individual accounts ($30 for 4GB of data). If that time comes though, you will want to pull out the calculator and do the math to find your best option.
That's the important part of the article.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

kzoodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndenP View Post
That's the important part of the article.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Still not much of a bargain if its true as it would mean I will be reduced to 2GB of data for the same price I pay now for unlimited. I wish they'd just put out a pricing structure for everything and get it done with. If they keep the $40 flat rate for unlimited talk and text as an indivdual option then it would be worth it. I thought this was all about simplifying their plan structure?
Moto X GSM Dev. Ed.- 4.4.3, Stock w/ Xposed GEL; Nexus 4 - Stock 4.4.4, Rooted; Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Stock 4.2

Batttie
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I think the unlimited talk and text is just wool to cover our eyes. I already have both with my unlimited data thanks to Google voice.. I'll never give up my unlimited.. never I say!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

cac2us
Old
(Last edited by cac2us; 14th June 2012 at 08:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 55
Default Whet about OFF Peak Data???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoodroid View Post
Still not much of a bargain if its true as it would mean I will be reduced to 2GB of data for the same price I pay now for unlimited. I wish they'd just put out a pricing structure for everything and get it done with. If they keep the $40 flat rate for unlimited talk and text as an indivdual option then it would be worth it. I thought this was all about simplifying their plan structure?
It seems to simplify things for VZW. $$$$
It still punishes the user that want's upgrade at a discount and keep unlimited.
If peak bandwidth is what's causing all the pain, why not offer OFF peak data rate?

There can't too much going on at 03:00.
Here at the RV park when all the "Visitors" go to bed I do all my downloads.
At 6:00 to 10:00 PM, forget it. I have to use my unlimited data plan.
I still use only 700 mb. a month.
When I was with QWest I got "Notified" when I got up to 12 GB. LOL

There is just NO excuse for gouging the end user to cover the perks that are being offered to the corporate world.

GREED_GREED_GREED

Unfortunately, I see that this might go the way of the Lexicon, They will support it "IF you can find one...Ha Ha.
I would love to have one If I didn't have to bow down so far and hop all the hoops.
Rest In Peace Baby Brother....8-7-10..

Of course they better Watch out for Ricochets..

ohredwood
Old
(Last edited by ohredwood; 14th June 2012 at 11:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
I don't want to get too far off topic but part of my post deals with that as well. I personally don't get a warm and fuzzy with an upgrade before June 28th. I was eligible like Apr 3 or something but was really kinda eyeing this new Inc 4G.

I don't think the greedy sob's over at Verizon are stupid, I'm sure it comes down to they see a huge demand for data, surfing, whatever, and they want in on it. The date of release on this phone has been so stupidly silent, it's frustrating. My gut tells me that it's gonna get released about the 28th of June, coincidentally the same time as their stupid new plans, that we wanted so bad, (yea right). Which means guess what, you will be paying 4-6 franklins for this phone if you want your unlimited data unscathed.

I also gotta say for one, I remain skeptical on the posts of folks preordering the GSIII, and looking to return it so they can get a Inc 4G, I just don't see that Verizon would be that stupid to allow the flood gates open for unlimited data on the 21st or by a loophole preorder, to allow the very thing they want to squash. My guess is when those folks return those GSIII's they will be paying not only a restock fee but their contract date will roll forward, which means shared data or full price of phone.

Not looking to get flamed and I don't work for Verizon, and I really hope to hell I'm wrong, but I really think they are delaying this for more than Apples bs.

On a side note, I do have the orig Inc, with unlimited data, stbxw has a stupid phone, and I think she is wanting to get on of those lame iphones. My question is, I would like to get the inc 4G, and hopefully before the 28th. Am I in a time crunch here to get us off this shared family plan now?? I don't want to possibly end up getting the Inc 4g, and somehow keep my unlimited data, only to have a divorce final in 6 weeks, and walk into Verizon store and find my individual plan now will be a shared data or lose my unlimited data process. Anybody have any thoughts on this, just wondering if the pressure is on to get on individual plans now or before the 28th that is...

Appreciate it...

NightxFall
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohredwood View Post
I don't want to get too far off topic but part of my post deals with that as well. I personally don't get a warm and fuzzy with an upgrade before June 28th. I was eligible like Apr 3 or something but was really kinda eyeing this new Inc 4G.

I don't think the greedy sob's over at Verizon are stupid, I'm sure it comes down to they see a huge demand for data, surfing, whatever, and they want in on it. The date of release on this phone has been so stupidly silent, it's frustrating. My gut tells me that it's gonna get released about the 28th of June, coincidentally the same time as their stupid new plans, that we wanted so bad, (yea right). Which means guess what, you will be paying 4-6 franklins for this phone if you want your unlimited data unscathed.

I also gotta say for one, I remain skeptical on the posts of folks preordering the GSIII, and looking to return it so they can get a Inc 4G, I just don't see that Verizon would be that stupid to allow the flood gates open for unlimited data on the 21st or by a loophole preorder, to allow the very thing they want to squash. My guess is when those folks return those GSIII's they will be paying not only a restock fee but their contract date will roll forward, which means shared data or full price of phone.

Not looking to get flamed and I don't work for Verizon, and I really hope to hell I'm wrong, but I really think they are delaying this for more than Apples bs.

On a side note, I do have the orig Inc, with unlimited data, stbxw has a stupid phone, and I think she is wanting to get on of those lame iphones. My question is, I would like to get the inc 4G, and hopefully before the 28th. Am I in a time crunch here to get us off this shared family plan now?? I don't want to possibly end up getting the Inc 4g, and somehow keep my unlimited data, only to have a divorce final in 6 weeks, and walk into Verizon store and find my individual plan now will be a shared data or lose my unlimited data process. Anybody have any thoughts on this, just wondering if the pressure is on to get on individual plans now or before the 28th that is...

Appreciate it...
If you sell the GS3, you're not returning it. You can then purchase the Dinc4g off contract with the money you made off selling the Galaxy S3. I'm not going to go through all that hastle though. Today I'm preordering the GS3 so I can lock into my unlimited data and will cancel my preorder next week if the Dinc4G comes out (which I don't think it will). However if it does not come out next week, I'll stick with the GS3.

Sent from my Ally using XDA

dLo GSR
Old
Thanks Meter 225
ugh, when the F is this coming out...
Nexus 5 - CM11 / Android L dual-boot
Nexus 7 - CM11
Samsung Galaxy S III - CM 10.2 Jelly Bean 4.3
Motorola Atrix 4G - CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
Softbank 705px

NightxFall
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo GSR View Post
Never. Ever.

Sent from my Ally using XDA

polarimetric
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo GSR View Post
That's pretty much everyone's attitude by now, I think. God, Verizon knows how to flub a launch like no other. I'm still loyal to my intent to purchase this phone, but if I was HTC, I'd be fuming from the likely lost sales their silence on this phone has caused. The SGS3 has completely eclipsed the spotlight.
The Following User Says Thank You to polarimetric For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kg_jettaIV
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarimetric View Post
That's pretty much everyone's attitude by now, I think. God, Verizon knows how to flub a launch like no other. I'm still loyal to my intent to purchase this phone, but if I was HTC, I'd be fuming from the likely lost sales their silence on this phone has caused. The SGS3 has completely eclipsed the spotlight.
I agree completely. Unless I hate this phone after I get it, it will be the one I go with, but I really hope that dev support is not harmed by this crap.