[ROM][DEV] FIXING Cm-7.2 (test version-2) for galaxy 3

Search This thread

qwertzboy

Feb 24, 2011
- Auto-rotate stops working at random

- GPS isn't fully working (FIXED BY PATCH 2 TESTED) thanks for simbawimba on page 4

- Compass (DEPENDS ON GPS)

Here i am again. The three points above maybe belongs together. If autorotate stops working the compass is also not working.
But I not fund out in what situations it happens.

bwn

Jan 20, 2009
Another bug: barcode scanners don't recognize codes.
There is a preview, but it doesn't recognize any code.

naganumolu

Sep 21, 2010
HYDERABAD
Hi guys i stayed away from 2.3 due to Bluetooth. I am currently on Eclair(2.1). I want to try the Bluetooth fix on 2.3.7. Where should i start ? (2.1 don't have CWM support)

Skivit

Sep 10, 2011
Xroads, Belgie
Depends, of you errant Bluetooth and everything else to function, stay on eclair, or better still, flash to froyo.

If your willing to put up with some bugs, try CM7, just don't post
Saying things don't work ! ;)

Things are moving fast with the dev, maybe a bit more patience until is more stable? Froyo is already a huge difference if you haven't already used it on your phone.
Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

naganumolu

Sep 21, 2010
HYDERABAD
Depends, of you errant Bluetooth and everything else to function, stay on eclair, or better still, flash to froyo.

If your willing to put up with some bugs, try CM7, just don't post
Saying things don't work ! ;)

Things are moving fast with the dev, maybe a bit more patience until is more stable? Froyo is already a huge difference if you haven't already used it on your phone.
Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

Dude i have already tried all version including ics. But due to my heavy usage of Bluetooth i switched to eclair. After reading this thread i wish i could try cm7 with Bluetooth fix(The only major requirement).

What i am asking is should i start with cm7 alpha 7 or alpha 8 and then flash the rom from first post.

bwn

Jan 20, 2009
Dude i have already tried all version including ics. But due to my heavy usage of Bluetooth i switched to eclair. After reading this thread i wish i could try cm7 with Bluetooth fix(The only major requirement).

What i am asking is should i start with cm7 alpha 7 or alpha 8 and then flash the rom from first post.

You can flash only this rom + patches.

Reactions: poorna

naganumolu

Sep 21, 2010
HYDERABAD
The steps i followed.

I am on Eclair.

1. Flashed cm7 Alpha 8
2. Reboot to recovery flashed the zip file from first post, Wiped data, Reboot
3. Flashed Fix 1, Wipe data, Reboot.
4. Flashed Fix 2, Wipe data, Reboot.
5. Tested with Bluetooth. Failed to work.

Any thing i am missing ?

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
Off course u r wrng..... ur first step it was iteslf wrng..... i dunno in the first post its clearly written flash the patches only on the rom below....still many people using their extra ordinary minds and using the patches it in other roms and complaining here...........

Sent from the Land Of The Lost

naganumolu

Sep 21, 2010
HYDERABAD
Off course u r wrng..... ur first step it was iteslf wrng..... i dunno in the first post its clearly written flash the patches only on the rom below....still many people using their extra ordinary minds and using the patches it in other roms and complaining here...........

Hi, Thanks for the reply. What should i do now ?

Edit : Please read the steps i followed once again.

1. Flashed cm7 Alpha 8
2. Reboot to recovery flashed the zip file from first post, Wiped data, Reboot
3. Flashed Fix 1, Wipe data, Reboot.
4. Flashed Fix 2, Wipe data, Reboot.
5. Tested with Bluetooth. Failed to work.

And i am not complained. I am just asking what should i do to make Bluetooth working.

We just have normal minds.

Thanks.

Last edited:

alb3rtt

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne

no offence, but you need to stop thinking that everyone is complaining, he was just asking if he did anything wrong (which he didnt). my earlier post was not a complaint and neither was his. either your not reading the posts fully and jumping to a conclusion or something just relax man :)

Last edited:

twinky444

Jan 9, 2012
where the Wi-Fi is.
Dont know if you need to do upgrade of the whole phone if you want to go from eclair to GB or any other ICS rom, so I always did

1. My phone has ECLAIR. (2.1)
2. Then i thought i need to use froyo bootloader so I always flashed froyo with bootloaders.
3. Then, since ICS and GB are on froyo kernel so I thought I can flash then only GB and ICS with FROYO-BASED BOOTLOADER present in my phone.

My questions are, do i need to always when i am going from ECLAIR (2.1) straight to GB or ICS, flash over it froyo again to get its bootloader (because GB or ICS are based on FROYO kernel so maybe on bootloader too)?

bsuhas

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
H

THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BASE ROM (CWM) ONLY CLICK HERE
OR I MIRRORED SOME LINKS SO U CAN TRY THIS ALSO CLICK HERE

First page has mentioned it is a cwm version so users have to fflash a cm7 rom first then apply this base rom cwm....am i right?

Skivit

Sep 10, 2011
Xroads, Belgie

sorry mate, no offence meant, i just read that you were "still" on eclair!
:eek::)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI EVERY ONE I AM DEVELOPER OF P350

I HAD GOT SOME PM REQUESTS TO SOLVE SOME BUGS
    SO I STARTED MY WORK ON SOME FIXES

THIS ROM IS COMPILED FROM DEVICE FOLDER WITH SOME CHANGES [Thanx to Marcellusbe for making CM7.2 for this device]

I will try my level best upto my knowledge to solve the bugs.
    And since I Dont have this device.... i need good testers for testing the patches which i will be giving. And all the patches which i will be giving in here will shud be used on the below rom only.

THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE BASE ROM (CWM) ONLY CLICK HERE
    OR I MIRRORED SOME LINKS SO U CAN TRY THIS ALSO CLICK HERE

PATCH SECTION:

PATCH 2:CLICK HERE (UPDATED ON 12-06-2012 REGARD OPTIMIZER AND WIFI ABILITY CHANGES)

PATCH 1: CLICK HERE

PATCH 3:this is not working well so i will try

NOTE:For All the testers........
    In the below bug list i hve mentioned for what bug which patch is for....so u can test accordingly.

QUICK RESPONSE MAKE WORK FAST :)
    THANKS FOR TRUST ON MY WORK

THIS IS BUG LIST Thanks to kyrillos13.

I NEED TESTERS FOR THIS
    - Sometimes the screen blinks white on Alpha8.1 [Its due to OPEN FIMG, it has something to do with the framerate of bootanimation]
    - Auto-rotate stops working at random
    - Ringtone doesn't loop (FIXED BY PATCH 2 TESTED)
    - Bluetooth (PATCH1)(TESTED it works with this rom only)
    - USB tethering (NEXT RELEASE)
    - Video Recording (NEXT RELEASE)
    - GPS isn't fully working (FIXED BY PATCH 2 TESTED) thanks for simbawimba on page 4
    - Youtube lags at HQ quality (NEXT RELEASE WORKING ON IT)
    - Video playback issues [Video lag ] (NEXT RELEASE NOW WORKING FOR IT)
    - Wifi issue (You can't connect to a network with hidden SSID) NOT WORKING ON PATCH 3 I WILL REPOST NEW ONE
    - Compass (DEPENDS ON GPS)
    - iptables problem with the new kernel v1.8 (Confirmed)

NEW BUG ADDED GOT ON PM LET ME KNOW VOICE RECORDING IS WORKING ? IF NOT WORKING REPORT ME I WILL FIX

IF THERE ARE ANY MORE THAN THIS LIST PLEASE INFORM ME I WILL ADD TO LIST AND WILL BE SOLVED

IF U LIKE MY WORK PLEASE DONATE TO ME TO ENCOURAGE MY HARD WORK

JUST OUTDATED
    TRY THIS TEST VERSION 2 I HAVE LOT OF EDITS AND SOME MORE FIXES

THE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR VERSION 2 IS CLICK HERE

FIRST MAKE A BACKUP AND THEN APPLY AND IF U REPLY AS QUICK MY WORK GET FASTER

multitouch status using any app
    wifi (delete dhd.ko from system/lib/modules )
    cam
    bt call (it is now working with low voice) that too will be fixed
    gps finally fixed
    lag points at some conditions
    video drawbacks
    and few
    dont apply any patches

today i had posted the kernel please check it if that works then here on test version 2 zip replace zimage and flash
    here the thread is located http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27986514&postcount=198

i had a long work with this device i had posted the rom have a try on it (update version test 2 )

reserved for future use
    to get latest updates on fixes
    well i am also working with my device for ics by now i had just solved only 4 bugs for our devices
    but i made our p350 a fully working cm rom without bugs
    so here i am now working with two devices at a time so on completion of cm i will overtake your ics because one is better than other :)

tomorrow morning i am going to give a surprise for your devices :D
    kamesh monday i am coming to tpt if you are free you can test your patches with my mobile(galaxy 3).
    8501868069 this is my mobile number
    so if u r free call me or message me

thanks for your visit so i had found few fixes according to this mobile (viewed the log so i can try to fix )

by tomorrow to full test of him i will post the beta version :good:
    any one there to check this kernel had many changes

regarding most of fixes

if this got worked i will edit and add some drivers

the link to download is here

http://www.mediafire.com/?hn25gsm4uuzd123

try this and report me as quick as possible i am planing to post beta version :victory::good: