[q] [language support] how to get android bangla font supported
As a Bangladeshi and Android user, many others like me facing the below problem since the day android comes out. People who wants to browse a website written in complex scripts such as uni-code support can never get the solution (properly). For that reason we are unable to read online newspaper those are in bangla.
We know we have some great dev, the can sort out this issue for us ? It must have a way to do so. Currently Opera giving a solutions - Using bitmap fonts for complex scripts. It works flawlessly also though become horrible when the article is big. Click here
to see the whole procedure.
Then one of Bangladeshi guy named Mehedi
did some tricks like below which didn't work -
Steps to be followed:
1. Get Solaimanlipi or Lohit fonts. (other unicode ones should do too)
2. Rename the font (one that’s chosen) to DroidSansFallback.ttf
3. Put the font into the SDCARD root.
4. Open terminal (oh! forgot to tell, you neet to be root)
5. Type the following and hit ENTER
6. Wait till $ sign turns into #
7. type the following and hit ENTER (mounting the system partition)
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
8. Then the following and hit ENTER
chmod 4755 /system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf
9. in following line we will overwrite the existing font with the one from SDCARD
dd if=/sdcard/DroidSansFallback.ttf of=/system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf
10. Once typed the above, hit ENTER
11. REBOOT immediately using the following:
This problem is still out there which need your kinds input. So far, Tibetan, Arabic, Hebrew,Hindi and few more languages were proved successful.
Or if i'm not updated and somebody have the solutions please share it with us.